Games

LittleBigPlanet

LittleBigPlanet

Level 1

Re: LBP/LBP2 & 'CREATE' all sell a 'LIE' that you can create your own game.

That's total bull s###.

You can ONLY play as a sackbot. That';s a documented FACT. Yes you can create/build (toy childish looking) characters of your own, but not any of which you can use and play as.

Did you even read my post or are you just dense?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

You play as sack/boy/girl/thing not a bot their a peice of logic you can control. And you can controll hand made material based characters it just takes a bit of time and effort to get the logic.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

No, you can play as other things. If you were not a little noob or a failing troll you would know they a thing called controlintor that allows you to control other things.

How could anyone read that post it was a brink wall.

People have built games which involve terminators and other characters
Go and play some stupid GTA or COD and stop wasting our time

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (418 Views)
Level 1

Thank you. I actually just wanted to know if you could play as other characters you created from scratch and was determined to get an answer.

I tricked you all into answering my question, with great enthusiasm may I add.

I believe you. Thanks haha :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

You could have simply asked how do you do this?
Noob :/

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Everybody who's ever played the game properly knows that, theres a difference between actually making a character and sticking a controllinater on a block of cardboard however, which is what i'm expecting.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

You can force the 'sackbot' player into a controllinator to hide them and transfer controls to another object that is controlled by movers and emitters and rockets and what-not. But to achieve genuinely interesting gameplay, you'll need to really get to grips with the logic options in the game, and you are stuck with moving in three 2D planes.

@ian111199 - please don't resort to bad-mouthing people. If you think it's a troll, best to ignore them. If the thread degenerates into exchange of insults I'll request that it is closed.

@osvaldo_sniper - I've told you once and so has Elmatto. Don't push your luck with these repeated advertising posts.

@Kuklinski, the only way you're going to realise your dream is to learn to program, at least to some level. No 'game creator' could give you that much freedom without requiring you to code some stuff, even if the coding is disguised with a nice object-oriented visual interface that children can enjoy. Like the logic in LBP. If you seriously want it, look into serious modding stuff like Source or Quake mods. Otherwise you're just fantasising, and rather contrarily you're expressing your violent fantasies in a forum for people who enjoy LBP, which hardly seems appropriate.

It's clear that you're unlikely to get what you want from LittleBigPlanet. Even if MediaMolecule were open to the idea of a more 'adult'-oriented game, they wouldn't pay any attention to your suggestions because their lawyers forbid them from reading other people's game ideas for fear that they are accused of stealing your ideas and being taken to court.

Plus what you suggest sounds awful. I mean, I wouldn't even be able to create a snooker game with your proposed engine.

Kuklinski2012 wrote:

LBP/LBP 2 is so silly, tedious and childish. Why anyone would want to make a game based on the goofy components available in LBP/LBP2 is beyond me.

I couldn't disagree more. Childish it certainly is not. It's a very professional product. It revels in the child-like, certainly. Like the best entertainment for kids, it is entertaining to adults as well. As a 38-year old I find this child-like game engaging and charming and entertaining and I delight in the invention that is inherent in the create mode.

You give the impression that you are drawn exclusively to the violent and nasty, and you are unwilling to give any time or recognition to any entertainment that is fluffy and light-hearted. If so, LBP is definitely not for you.

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (402 Views)
Level 3

Let me tell you this, I laughed at what you are suggesting.

You seem to completely overestimate the amount of space available on a PS3 game, or underestimate what your game would take up.

Also, you seem to not quite understand how games are made. Something this in-depth would require years and years of hellish development, and to simplify a model creator from something like Maya down to the levels you suggest would be virtually impossible.

You know what, I might just disassemble your points in order.

1. There's a reason that there isn't that much land in GTA or inFamous, and that's because land is complex. It has models, textures and often animations, especially with the water and lava you suggest, which would end up taking up HUGE amounts of memory. Even just having them be loaded one area at a time would still mean that they have to be on the disk somewhere, even when not rendered. Don't forget that Blu-ray disks have around 50GB of space on them. And anyway, surely pre-designed landscapes means that the game isn't actually "yours", which goes against the whole "your own game" thing.
  2. Humans, animals, robots and aliens can look very, very different. And each tiny difference would have to be modelled by someone and then stored on the disk. A model can take days or even weeks to create, so unless this is a 100-year project you envision then I don't see this being likely. And doing that for clothing and accessories AS WELL? I pity the person given that task.
  3. Moves? You realise all of those would have to be animated by someone, same as the models have to be modelled, right? You also seem to have a very narrow mind for creating the violent game you want. What if someone wanted to make a dancing game? You have to have several dance moves, as well as the punching moves, building animations, riding/driving styles, flight paths...
  4. Vehicle? What if they don't want a vehicle? And if they do, I again refer to my modelling arguement.
  5. Amount of possible weapons and tools? Again, modelling, but also animations for when they're being used, physics adjustments and calculations, terrain destruction etc.
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  7. See 2, but also you'll need MORE animations, textures, and a hell of a lot of AI.
  8. This would require a professional-level animation program to prevent all of the problems that come from animating a model, most notably clipping and other stuff I don't quite understand. This sort of software is costly, so to aquire one would cause this game to cost somewhere between £500 and £1000, if not more.
  9. This is the most realistic part of your suggestion. However, if you want to share your creations, even on YouTube, you'll have copyright issues coming out of your ears. And no story? What about people who want to have a story? Just because you don't want one doesn't mean others won't. Also, I'm pretty sure hating and insulting Stephen Fry is punishable by death in every country in the world.
  10.  OK, now you're restricting this to being a free-roaming game? They are not the best type of game, that's just your opinion. What if someone wants to create a 2D platforming level? Do you just say "no, that type of game is bad, make a sandbox game"? That's not creating your own game, that's creating someone else's game. And the amount of ways you could track a score...

You don't understand LBP at all. It is DESIGNED to be silly and childish, it's done so that people of all ages can play it. You can create your own games - just look at the amount of games out there right now! LBP is all about constraints, and overcoming them. Otherwise it'd be no fun at all.

Basically, what I'm saying is that, whilest your idea is nice, it's REDICULOUSLY unrealistic. I hope you can understand why.

I'm back. If you've been talking about me in my absence, you better confess.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (395 Views)
Level 6

I believe the cartoonish games that are silly are much better than other games such as Infamous or GTA

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

What is this? Someone butthurt over that you play as "sackthing"? The game was mainly made for kids first. But since they didnt get into create mode so much, i think Mm is now focusing on the older people. But otherwise, check the box art. It says 7+, which means only child friendly stuff. If you want GTA then you got the wrong game.

I dont think that create your own game is a lie. Sure we maybe cant create COD or GTA. But we can remake flash games and small PSN games. Look "Plants Vs Zombies" got recreated. And many more.

And you can create your own game. But not a game like GTA or COD.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (376 Views)
0 Kudos