02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

16 Replies 4,900 Views Created 27-08-2013

Hey Folks!

We have a new update that will be rolling out today that includes some big changes to the Cool Pages in LittleBigPlanet 2!

We've been hearing you all this time and agreed that the Cool Pages desperately needed an update!

The problem is that they just simply didn't work in their current format.
Contrary to popular belief, there's no "magic button" that would magically change what they display!

So we made the eventual decision to replace them with something new that we feel works better for LittleBigPlanet. :)

What this basically means is that the Cool Pages have now been removed from the front page of the community section in-game and replaced with the "Lucky Dip" selection.

Lucky Dip works differently to the Cool Pages and we've made some tweaks to it to help it pull out a wider range of levels from a slightly wider selection pool of possible levels to display. :)

This should hopefully prevent other uses from being able to manipulate or otherwise game the results to their advantage.

It will take a few days for the Lucky Dip to begin working as planned because player activity in the Lucky Dip itself will have an effect on the displayed results, so these effects won't be felt until everyone starts using Lucky Dip from today.

We want the Lucky Dip to bring you a range of levels from different creators, so if you have any feedback on the new Lucky Dip functionality, by all means let us know right here! :)

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

P-I-M-P-I

77%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
P-I-M-P-I
Accepted Solution

Hehe finally you guys did something with the cool pages :P Nice job! :)

0 Kudos

Re: LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

/16

SniperOtis

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SniperOtis
Accepted Solution

So There are no more "annoying" levels from "the-good-creator and the-bad-creator?? because the cool page's is removed

0 Kudos

/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StevenI
Accepted Solution

SniperOtis wrote:

So There are no more "annoying" levels from "the-good-creator and the-bad-creator?? because the cool page's is removed

We're trying to minimise the possibility of the same users showing up numerous times in the Lucky Dip. :)

Whether the levels are considered "annoying" or not will always be up for the debate, the issue with the Cool Pages is that whilst a lot of people disliked the levels chosen to be displayed, they were still inherently "popular" due to their presence on the Cool Pages and the amount of Likes/Yays they were getting.

The Lucky Dip simply aims to provide a greater range of levels and creators to choose from, so that hopefully you can find a few gems amongst the results to enjoy. :)

/16

sam2hip

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sam2hip
Accepted Solution

Nice! I've (and many other people) been waiting for a update to the cool pages ;) I can't wait to try this out .

-----
Owns a launch PS3, a Vita and a PS2 slim. Pre-ordered a PS4 :-)

PS3 ID: sam2hip
Vita ID: AvinchMC

/16
43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
demonkissangel69
Accepted Solution
Yay :) can't wait for the update
0 Kudos

/16

Philip915702

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Philip915702
Accepted Solution
I cant update that
0 Kudos

/16

CuriousSack

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CuriousSack
Accepted Solution

Cool, an update of the CP has been long overdue, so the new concept certainly will bring an improvement!^^ :) Now I only need to publish a new level to test the whole thing!^^ *Shoo! Shoo! Can someone please give me an idea for a new level!* :p

Thanks and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Betreff: LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
/16

mh637099

79%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mh637099
Accepted Solution

What about on lbp.me?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

nana0331wren

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nana0331wren
Accepted Solution
What about the other littlebigplanet games? (Lbp1, lbpk,lbpv)
0 Kudos

/16

Tynz21

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tynz21
Accepted Solution
Everyone is saying this will be great. But I don't think it will. Great for me probably because It'll mean more traffic in the MM picks... but for aspiring creators? There now goes from a small chance of getting their level a substantial number of plays to a miniscule chance of getting an even smaller number whilst the creators that are already known will remain known. But to get plays from lucky dip... it's a random search of 8,000,000 levels which means even 1 play from it is winning the lottery.
0 Kudos

/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StevenI
Accepted Solution

Tynz21 wrote:
it's a random search of 8,000,000 levels which means even 1 play from it is winning the lottery.

The Lucky Dip doesn't generate a playlist from all 8 Million+ Levels.

It picks a random selection from a select pool based on some factors such as time and plays, although these factors are different from those used in the previous Cool Levels.

Additionally, a new playlist is generated every single time that you open the Lucky Dip... For all players...

What this means is that across the entire community, lots of different levels and creators are being chosen from the Lucky Dip pool to be shown to everyone, which in turn means that they're getting played by lots of folks from across the entire community.

Which is why it's a bit of a Lucky Dip, who knows what you may get!

It's at this point that any truly stand-out levels should hopefully spread across the commmunity via word of mouth. :)

So whilst the Lucky Dip can't showcase everyone, simply because it would be impossible to do so due to the high amount of levels published everyday.

It does actually give everyone a greater chance of their levels being seen by other players within the community. :)

If you truly want to get your level noticed though, you should still promote it yourself on the LittleBigPlanet forums, fansites and on social media such as Twitter and Facebook.

There's no insta-fame button in LittleBigPlanet and a creator's job doesn't finish the moment that they hit publish. ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Un0-0n3unique

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Un0-0n3unique
Accepted Solution

Finally someone cleaned the cool page no more copyed level thank gosh everyone been sharing the community asking mm/sony to remove copyed level & now we got it baby & now we are waiting for people to not capture your object :No-no: where you can disable them it rude for people to capturing object without permission & manner :Mad: that make me p*ss off hope we can allow us to disable it A.S.A.P that why i auto reject people from joining me & they are begging me to join me so please have that feature A.S.A.P

0 Kudos

/16

Psi-Agent

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Psi-Agent
Accepted Solution

this NEW update is cool & all but it doesn't do anything about all the copied levels. i like how your trying to fix LBP with this NEW update but the lucky dip thing isn't going to work because every time i use lucky dip. all i get is mostly copied levels. i know this NEW update just came out but like i said before lucky dip isn't going to work. you guys really need to try & get all these copied levels removed from LBP some how.

0 Kudos

/16

jet-tej-01-

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jet-tej-01-
Accepted Solution

If I could ask one question, it would be "are you guys making an LBP3?" And one more question, are MM Picks going to be in lucky dip?

0 Kudos

/16

mh637099

79%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mh637099
Accepted Solution

StevenI wrote:

Contrary to popular belief, there's no "magic button" that would magically change what they display!

True!

0 Kudos

/16

Dcdude808

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dcdude808
Accepted Solution
Yes! Now repetitive levels won't come up. And good levels will. Ive been only looking at the Mm picks (now called Team Picks) because they were good levels. Now I'll have to check out that too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel