27 Aug 2013
By StevenI
LittleBigPlanet Developer
Playstation Staff

LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

16 Replies 4,617 Views Created 27-08-2013

Hey Folks!

We have a new update that will be rolling out today that includes some big changes to the Cool Pages in LittleBigPlanet 2!

We've been hearing you all this time and agreed that the Cool Pages desperately needed an update!

The problem is that they just simply didn't work in their current format.
Contrary to popular belief, there's no "magic button" that would magically change what they display!

So we made the eventual decision to replace them with something new that we feel works better for LittleBigPlanet. :smileyhappy:

What this basically means is that the Cool Pages have now been removed from the front page of the community section in-game and replaced with the "Lucky Dip" selection.

Lucky Dip works differently to the Cool Pages and we've made some tweaks to it to help it pull out a wider range of levels from a slightly wider selection pool of possible levels to display. :smileyhappy:

This should hopefully prevent other uses from being able to manipulate or otherwise game the results to their advantage.

It will take a few days for the Lucky Dip to begin working as planned because player activity in the Lucky Dip itself will have an effect on the displayed results, so these effects won't be felt until everyone starts using Lucky Dip from today.

We want the Lucky Dip to bring you a range of levels from different creators, so if you have any feedback on the new Lucky Dip functionality, by all means let us know right here! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 17 (4,617 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

Hehe finally you guys did something with the cool pages :smileytongue: Nice job! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (4,477 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So There are no more "annoying" levels from "the-good-creator and the-bad-creator?? because the cool page's is removed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (4,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

SniperOtis wrote:

So There are no more "annoying" levels from "the-good-creator and the-bad-creator?? because the cool page's is removed

We're trying to minimise the possibility of the same users showing up numerous times in the Lucky Dip. :smileyhappy:

Whether the levels are considered "annoying" or not will always be up for the debate, the issue with the Cool Pages is that whilst a lot of people disliked the levels chosen to be displayed, they were still inherently "popular" due to their presence on the Cool Pages and the amount of Likes/Yays they were getting.

The Lucky Dip simply aims to provide a greater range of levels and creators to choose from, so that hopefully you can find a few gems amongst the results to enjoy. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 17 (4,326 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Nice! I've (and many other people) been waiting for a update to the cool pages :smileywink: I can't wait to try this out .

-----
Owns a launch PS3, a Vita and a PS2 slim. Pre-ordered a PS4 :-)

PS3 ID: sam2hip
Vita ID: AvinchMC

Message 5 of 17 (4,292 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yay :smileyhappy: can't wait for the update
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (4,156 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I cant update that
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (4,105 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Betreff: LBP2 Game Update: 1.26 - Cool Levels Changes

Cool, an update of the CP has been long overdue, so the new concept certainly will bring an improvement!^^ :smileyhappy: Now I only need to publish a new level to test the whole thing!^^ *Shoo! Shoo! Can someone please give me an idea for a new level!* :smileytongue:

Thanks and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 17 (4,087 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

What about on lbp.me?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (3,770 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

What about the other littlebigplanet games? (Lbp1, lbpk,lbpv)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (3,743 Views)
0 Kudos