07 Feb 2013
By RONNYNS
Playstation Staff

LBP3 in works at Sumo Digital

21 Replies 4,896 Views Created 07-02-2013
LittleBigPlanet 3 is in development at Shiefield-based studio Sumo Digital. Sony and Media Molecule apparently approached the developer to make the third main title in the build-and-play franchise, which has now been in the works for “well over a year”,  The game’s formats are unknown. Sumo was responsible for LittleBigPlanet 2′s cross controller patch last year, which allowed Vita to be used to control the main game.

source:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/07/littlebigplanet-3-in-works-at-sumo-digital-rumour/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (4,896 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: LBP3 in works at Sumo Digital

Well so far it's a rumor so it's not confirmed as of yet.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (4,890 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I just read that and was coming to post the link... Even though its a rumour we all know there will be at some point another installment for the LBP series!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (4,861 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Wonder what it could bring?

Exciting isn't it!

E_T

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (4,851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A bad game.... the cross controller patch was garbage..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (4,818 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Just because it broke a small, insignificant part of the game, that does not have anything to do with gameplay for a change, doesn't mean that the actual cross controller dlc was bad.

I actually enjoyed it.

It has been a tradition of sorts that the Patches for LBP2 have broken other things in the game. Sony Rushed LBP2 and Mm and the other companies working on the game have been trying to compensate only to overlook other problems or cause new ones.

If you don't like the patch, feel free to uninstall the game data and play with the stock disk, but loose online play/the ability to use new dlc. Or just deal with the issues until the next patch.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (4,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Spike.. your obviousness not into gaming... whenever another dev gets his hands on something they made dlc for.. they ***** up , 343 , light box, etc... For some reason companies think that if you make the tires for the car you can make the car.. The DLC for all im concerned about is made using a debug mode . And In play station all stars the last patch left the game worst of than its 1.00 version . I shouldn't have to give up my online due to incompetence of a developer. Its like giving up my right to drive because Chevy decided to force some ***** parts in my car. We don't need an lbp3.. Lbp2 was not necessary * abit it did include much nicer graphics/ lighting/features" the features could have been patched into lbp1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (4,769 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

frogmanlego wrote:
We don't need an lbp3.. Lbp2 was not necessary * abit it did include much nicer graphics/ lighting/features" the features could have been patched into lbp1

I'll take this one.

MM originally considered releasing dlc for LBP rather than making LBP2.  However, the total amount of space needed for all of the features introduced in LBP2 was huge and unfeasible for dlc release.

Thus we ended up with LBP2, a fantastic game which improved massively upon what was orignally possible in LBP.

If a third game is in development, I'm hugely excited for what it might bring.

E_T

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (4,766 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

frogmanlego wrote:
Spike.. your obviousness not into gaming... whenever another dev gets his hands on something they made dlc for.. they ***** up , 343 , light box, etc... For some reason companies think that if you make the tires for the car you can make the car.. The DLC for all im concerned about is made using a debug mode . And In play station all stars the last patch left the game worst of than its 1.00 version . I shouldn't have to give up my online due to incompetence of a developer. Its like giving up my right to drive because Chevy decided to force some ***** parts in my car.

Then I'll take the rest.

Froggy, my German acquaintance, you do not know me very well, so It would be wise of you not to make assumptions.

I agree, that for the most part, when a second or third company gets hold of an Intellectual Property, there are going to be some missteps and foul-ups. I was around for the days of Mario is Missing, Crash of the Titans, Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe.... But what you don't realize is that Sumo Digital has been working with Mm since LBP2 was started, and if you know anything about the story behind LBP2, that was almost immediately after LBP1 was launched.

Debugging does not always solve a problem. Take any Steam game, open the Dev tools and tell me you can fix a glitch within the game with them. You can't.

There are some codes that can be used to modify the game, others that can fix bugs and glitches, but for the most part, you have to have the MASTER copy of the game. The one that is built on a PC and coded for a Console or what have you.

Little Big Planet 2 was actually only a tweaked version of LBP1 and then moved to the PS3 for development of the levels. So most of the game was already in a master state on disk only to be locked before retail. This of course was not ever available to the public but only for in house use.

If you can find the specific code for the little head turning glitch that has crawled so far up you butt and fix it yourself, without disturbing anything else. then by all means do so and stop complaining.

The reasoning behind this little error of game code is because of the SixAxis sensor in the Vita. The two codes for the Vita and DualShock3 are conflicting with each other. Sumo or whomever is working on LBP2 right now needs to find a way to get both versions of the code to work without breaking anything else or the game entirely.

It is in no way easy.

Also, comparing a game to something like a car is a brainless argument. If BMW puts a garbage part in your car, you can replace it with relative ease not give up your right to drive. If you do not like the patches, either stop playing the game, or uninstall them. The consequence of an uninstall is lack of online play, as everyone else who is online has the patches that you don't like and with two different versions of the game will cause conflict between the servers and the players.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (4,756 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Another LBP? Geez, i think it's time to stop the milking. We all know that no matter what, any LBP game will end up getting spammed with h4h and emo levels.

Check out my YouTube PS Vita channel! www.youtube.com/user/PSVITAGAMINGUNITE :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (4,730 Views)
0 Kudos