60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Lbp2 Digital Download.

22 Replies 2,093 Views Created 08-01-2011

Will there be a digital download of the full lbp2 game from psn store as well as having the physical disc version too.

I remember how lbp1 theres a digital download for the full game or the regular physical disc version.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

got2bhockey

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
got2bhockey
Accepted Solution

I would assume that there will be a digital version of the game, however, I do not believe that it will come to the store until, at least, a few months after the launch date. This is all just speculation based off of what previous game developers have done in the past.

0 Kudos

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

/16

alchemyzer

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
alchemyzer
Accepted Solution
I wish there was some sort of mandatory thing every developer when releasing the disc version of the game they can also release the full digital download version too. So its optional and ppl could also pre order on psn store the digital downloadable full game. And receive the dlcs thru downloads somehow.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

alchemyzer wrote:
I wish there was some sort of mandatory thing every developer when releasing the disc version of the game they can also release the full digital download version too. So its optional and ppl could also pre order on psn store the digital downloadable full game. And receive the dlcs thru downloads somehow.

Unfortunately, publishers have to appease retailers. There have been fall-outs in the past when publishers have released digitally and stores threatened not to stock any of that publishers games. Can't remember who it was now. I doubt we'll see digital distribution that widespread until the next generation.

0 Kudos

/16

TheSpartanDon

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheSpartanDon
Accepted Solution

Although I'd love to download LBP2 digitally so that I don't need to worry about the stupid disc, it upsets retailers when games are released digitally at the same time as there retail release. It's obviously only a matter of time before digital downloads over take retail.  Retailers want to try and stop that from happening. But despite digital sales becoming more and more popular, publishers still make the majority of their money at retail. So publishers need to stay on good terms with retailers if they want there game to sell well.

0 Kudos

/16

nick9009

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nick9009
Accepted Solution

Most probably - but as mentioned above, it will not be released until a while after the hard copies are. 

It will be quite a hefty file, and personally I wouldn't recommend you get that version, rather buy it in disk form.

I agree with you, that would be a useful tool. :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

HELLYEAH1982

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HELLYEAH1982
Accepted Solution

i think it is time to put on psn lbp2 because its getting old... and its perfect like in my case i have a ***** of my favorite game on the ps3 all time, and then a switch to lbp1 that is on my ps3 hard drive. I will love to download lbp2 and i dont want it in disk it is very unsafe to change disks all the time. 

0 Kudos

/16

frogmanlego

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frogmanlego
Accepted Solution

who said that? the clamps MAY break or come out of place but thats because people shove the disk in theres zero harm.. theres more harm doen by not using the disk drive and leting dust gather in the cogs.. jaming it 

0 Kudos

/16

Chaos_Martin

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chaos_Martin
Accepted Solution

frogmanlego wrote:

who said that? the clamps MAY break or come out of place but thats because people shove the disk in theres zero harm.. theres more harm doen by not using the disk drive and leting dust gather in the cogs.. jaming it 

Duno, depends on how you put your disc in, do it like me on a good day noramly and safe then yes its perfectly fine, but on a bad day I THROW THE DAMN THING IN THE AIR AND THEN SPIN KICK IT INTO THE PS3! WHILE SHOUTING HI-YU-KEN! Then do a epic pose.

Took me a while tho to get the pose right.

0 Kudos

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
/16

Elmatto753

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elmatto753
Accepted Solution

Chaos_Martin wrote:

frogmanlego wrote:

Duno, depends on how you put your disc in, do it like me on a good day noramly and safe then yes its perfectly fine, but on a bad day I THROW THE DAMN THING IN THE AIR AND THEN SPIN KICK IT INTO THE PS3! WHILE SHOUTING HI-YU-KEN! Then do a epic pose.

Took me a while tho to get the pose right.

I want to see this. Make a video.

Still not dead. Probably.

/16

Chaos_Martin

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chaos_Martin
Accepted Solution

I will begin my training....If I do some how manage to do it. Then I'll upload a vid.

0 Kudos

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
/16

bzrgzr

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bzrgzr
Accepted Solution
Ok then, you belong on YouTube
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

I don't suppose it's worth pointing out to HELLYEAH1982, who has resurrected an ancient thread which deals with ancient information, that it is now possible to purchase and download LBP2 from the store and has been for several months.

One need only look. It's £19.99.

0 Kudos

/16

HELLYEAH1982

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HELLYEAH1982
Accepted Solution

I'm not interested at all to see how you do tricks in putting disks in your PS3, and answer QuietlyWrong, the problem is that LBP2 in America is not in the store, I would need to create an European account and register my card to download ... thanks for the tip had already heard that in Europe was in the store.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

@HELLYEAH1982 - oh, I had no idea that LBP2 hadn't hit the US store yet. Seems odd. If you went by the comments in the SCEE blog updates every week you'd think that the US got everything three or four years before us. As it turns out, that's only true 90% of the time.

These are the 'European' forums, so unless you state otherwise, people may tend to assume you're in one of the SCEE territories. Sorry 'bout that.

Still, it's probably only a matter of time...

0 Kudos

/16

SpikeStarkey

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpikeStarkey
Accepted Solution
you know what they say about AssUMEing
0 Kudos

/16

DoMthyBoMb

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DoMthyBoMb
Accepted Solution

SpikeStarkey wrote:

You turn into a Donkey, ala Pinocchio?

/16

SpikeStarkey

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpikeStarkey
Accepted Solution
lol

/16

bzrgzr

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bzrgzr
Accepted Solution
Ill still put it in my Mac
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

SpikeStarkey wrote:

Well, mainly the assumption in my case was that the game was available in all regions. HELLYEAH looks and sounds like a North American. And if you assume that a game in the UK store is also available and probably cheaper in the US store, you'll be right about 99% of the time.

/16

bzrgzr

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bzrgzr
Accepted Solution
Ok I'll try to put my lbp disc in our iMac tommorow. Ill tell you what happens