Reply
08 Jan 2011
By alchemyzer

alchemyzer

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Lbp2 Digital Download.

22 Replies 1,878 Views Created 08-01-2011

Will there be a digital download of the full lbp2 game from psn store as well as having the physical disc version too.

 

I remember how lbp1 theres a digital download for the full game or the regular physical disc version.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23 (1,878 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
got2bhockey
02
/16

got2bhockey

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

I would assume that there will be a digital version of the game, however, I do not believe that it will come to the store until, at least, a few months after the launch date. This is all just speculation based off of what previous game developers have done in the past.


Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (1,858 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
alchemyzer
02
/16

alchemyzer

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

I wish there was some sort of mandatory thing every developer when releasing the disc version of the game they can also release the full digital download version too. So its optional and ppl could also pre order on psn store the digital downloadable full game. And receive the dlcs thru downloads somehow.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (1,838 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
nick9009
03
/16

nick9009

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

[ Edited ]

Most probably - but as mentioned above, it will not be released until a while after the hard copies are. 

 

It will be quite a hefty file, and personally I wouldn't recommend you get that version, rather buy it in disk form.

 

I agree with you, that would be a useful tool. Smiley Happy

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (1,814 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Chimpanzee
Beta Tester
06
/16

Chimpanzee

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

 


alchemyzer wrote:
I wish there was some sort of mandatory thing every developer when releasing the disc version of the game they can also release the full digital download version too. So its optional and ppl could also pre order on psn store the digital downloadable full game. And receive the dlcs thru downloads somehow.

Unfortunately, publishers have to appease retailers. There have been fall-outs in the past when publishers have released digitally and stores threatened not to stock any of that publishers games. Can't remember who it was now. I doubt we'll see digital distribution that widespread until the next generation.

 

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (1,796 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
TheSpartanDon
02
/16

TheSpartanDon

  • Offline
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

Although I'd love to download LBP2 digitally so that I don't need to worry about the stupid disc, it upsets retailers when games are released digitally at the same time as there retail release. It's obviously only a matter of time before digital downloads over take retail.  Retailers want to try and stop that from happening. But despite digital sales becoming more and more popular, publishers still make the majority of their money at retail. So publishers need to stay on good terms with retailers if they want there game to sell well.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (1,743 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
HELLYEAH1982
02
/16

HELLYEAH1982

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

i think it is time to put on psn lbp2 because its getting old... and its perfect like in my case i have a ***** of my favorite game on the ps3 all time, and then a switch to lbp1 that is on my ps3 hard drive. I will love to download lbp2 and i dont want it in disk it is very unsafe to change disks all the time. 

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (1,127 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
frogmanlego
02
/16

frogmanlego

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.

who said that? the clamps MAY break or come out of place but thats because people shove the disk in theres zero harm.. theres more harm doen by not using the disk drive and leting dust gather in the cogs.. jaming it 

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (1,123 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Chaos_Martin
05
/16

Chaos_Martin

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.


frogmanlego wrote:

who said that? the clamps MAY break or come out of place but thats because people shove the disk in theres zero harm.. theres more harm doen by not using the disk drive and leting dust gather in the cogs.. jaming it 



Duno, depends on how you put your disc in, do it like me on a good day noramly and safe then yes its perfectly fine, but on a bad day I THROW THE DAMN THING IN THE AIR AND THEN SPIN KICK IT INTO THE PS3! WHILE SHOUTING HI-YU-KEN! Then do a epic pose.

 

Took me a while tho to get the pose right.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (1,115 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elmatto753
05
/16

Elmatto753

  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Lbp2 Digital Download.


Chaos_Martin wrote:

frogmanlego wrote:

who said that? the clamps MAY break or come out of place but thats because people shove the disk in theres zero harm.. theres more harm doen by not using the disk drive and leting dust gather in the cogs.. jaming it 



Duno, depends on how you put your disc in, do it like me on a good day noramly and safe then yes its perfectly fine, but on a bad day I THROW THE DAMN THING IN THE AIR AND THEN SPIN KICK IT INTO THE PS3! WHILE SHOUTING HI-YU-KEN! Then do a epic pose.

 

Took me a while tho to get the pose right.



I want to see this. Make a video.

Still not dead. Probably.


Message 10 of 23 (1,113 Views)