Level 5

Re: Level with 0 plays...please help.

CuRsEd_Zx wrote:

SuperBoof wrote:

Wow... I wasn't expecting that.

To be perfectly honest, I was expecting some half-arsed pathetic excuse of a level (no idea why)... I couldn't have been more wrong.

Really nice level. Can tell you've put alot of thought and effort into it.

Look forward to playing the full level.

Sorry, can't give any negative/critical feedback or suggestions because I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the level. Good job! :smileyvery-happy:

Lol... thanks!  I am trying to make it similar to a level that you would come across on story mode.  Does the storyline seem ok?  With the king and all?

Can't really recall the storyline (I'm awful at retaining information lol). I'll have to check it out again tomorrow and let you know.

Check out my Menu tutorial

I'm creating Portals!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17 (155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Not sure how much doing so is worth right now (my PS3 is dead), but I've queued it and will try it when I can get back into the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Queued :smileyvery-happy: will play it shortly

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17 (135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Queued it and will give it a go and leave some feedback

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Played it, very impressed.  I left a review on the level so I won't go over what I've already said there.

I'll mention some of the things that I found (bear in mind that I was looking for things) that you could work on.

1. In the very first scene, when the King is talking to you, you can see a wall of dark matter off to the left

2. Similar.  The second time the king talks to you, after he floats away you can see the blob of dark matter behind him.  This remains visible when the camera reverts back to normal.

Those are the only two mistakes that I found, the rest of these are suggestions (mostly involving scenery) that I think may improve your level.

1. In the room with the second switch for the darkness section, the back wall could be extended upwards one square, just to cover the thin gap through which you can see the background.  Also, the room could use a little more in the way of objects

2. The scroeboard could be made of wood instead of plastic, so it ties in with the rest of the level

3. Some of the outside walls could be extended, so that it looks like the section the player is in is only part of a larger building, rather than the building only consisting of the playable area.  Also, Larry Da Vinci could have a back wall in his bit, to make him look like he's in another corridor.

4. The darkness section is very difficult if you don't notice the switch next to the entrance before the lights go out.  Not sure what you could do here, maybe making the spotlight slightly brighter?

I am by no means an expert creator and these are only suggestions, but I hope they are of use.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17 (117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Elessar_Telemnar wrote:

Played it, very impressed.  I left a review on the level so I won't go over what I've already said there.

I'll mention some of the things that I found (bear in mind that I was looking for things) that you could work on.

1. In the very first scene, when the King is talking to you, you can see a wall of dark matter off to the left

2. Similar.  The second time the king talks to you, after he floats away you can see the blob of dark matter behind him.  This remains visible when the camera reverts back to normal.

Those are the only two mistakes that I found, the rest of these are suggestions (mostly involving scenery) that I think may improve your level.

1. In the room with the second switch for the darkness section, the back wall could be extended upwards one square, just to cover the thin gap through which you can see the background.  Also, the room could use a little more in the way of objects

2. The scroeboard could be made of wood instead of plastic, so it ties in with the rest of the level

3. Some of the outside walls could be extended, so that it looks like the section the player is in is only part of a larger building, rather than the building only consisting of the playable area.  Also, Larry Da Vinci could have a back wall in his bit, to make him look like he's in another corridor.

4. The darkness section is very difficult if you don't notice the switch next to the entrance before the lights go out.  Not sure what you could do here, maybe making the spotlight slightly brighter?

I am by no means an expert creator and these are only suggestions, but I hope they are of use.

These are very good suggestions.  These were all things that have crossed my mind at one point or another.  It's good to hear this feedback so that I can make it appealing to everyone.  Thanks for the feedback.  I will definately look at making those changes.

Thanks again for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17 (101 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yeah, I missed the switch at first (in the dark room).Maybe a descreet flickering neon arrow - if there's such a thing as descreet neon lol or a small LED on the switch handle. Love the feel of that room, kinda got a prison break/no-mans-land vibe :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17 (84 Views)
0 Kudos