02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition Petition

16 Replies 1,473 Views Created 11-11-2010

Hello,

just as you, many LBP 2 fans throughout Europe and Australia/New Zealand are disappointed by the PAL Collector's Edition announcement. Thus, I created a online petition againt this.

Let’s unite the PAL territories to get a better Collector’s Edition.

Have a look here and sign or share the link please!

http://www.petitiononline.com/lbp2ceeu/

Cheers,

Andre

Germany

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gavsta72
Accepted Solution
?????????????

Re: Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition Petition

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio
/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

We aren't getting the Sackboy Doll or the Bookends in PAL territories from reading this blog entry below.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Hi there Sack-folk! Hopefully you’ve been enjoying some of the LittleBigPlanet 2 “Featurette” trailers over the last few weeks – if you missed them, be sure to go back and check out Sackbots and The Creatinator for an insight into some of the insanely huge possibilities that these new features offer. There will plenty more new trailers popping up in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

We’ve got lots of other bits of cool LBP news to share as we get closer to January, and I think the best place to start is with some details of what you’ll actually be holding in your hands when the release date comes around.

First of all, here’s a glimpse at the standard edition packshot for Europe and other PAL countries…

LBP2_packshot_PEGI

But even more excitingly, here are the details many of you have been waiting for about the Limited Collector’s Edition…

LBP 2

The LittleBigPlanet 2 Limited Collector’s Edition comes wrapped in striking SteelBook packaging. The pic above shows the full package – the various logos are on a transparent outer sleeve, which slides off to leave you with a clean and iconic image of Sackboy’s iconic zip.

It’s also packed with some cool exclusive DLC content – in addition to five PSN avatars, there are seven brand new Sackboy costumes that should serve as perfect inspiration for your new creations:

• Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3′s “Alien” Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Costume

Tron Legacy Suit 03_croppedGonzo02_Cropped

The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition will be available in different ways across Europe and the other PAL countries, with all kinds of different additional goodies on offer, so keep your eyes open for more details about release plans in your country.

And speaking of additional goodies – there are four other exclusive costumes for you to look out for: iconic PlayStation heroes Jak, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. These will be available as pre-order bonuses and, again, the exact way that you can get your hands on them will vary by country.

That’s it for now – but it just scratches the surface of the cool stuff we’re getting ready to share with you soon… :)

/16

Tallpaul77

73%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tallpaul77
Accepted Solution

MM are poms, you'd think EU would get the good stuff - sell outs :P

Beta Tester
/16

evret

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
evret
Accepted Solution
you get a 7" plushy when you pre-order from eb games or jb hifi, not sure about other stores, just pre-ordered mine today at jb
http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-151432-LittleBigPlanet-2-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation-3

/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

At last.

I was hoping we wouldn't get stiffed with the available DLC, and we are getting the Sackboy as well, nice.

/16

Tallpaul77

73%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tallpaul77
Accepted Solution
Yeah, great news, thanks for sharing evret :D Gonna order mine today.

/16

Toddster55555

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Toddster55555
Accepted Solution
Umm what the heck happened to the CE at EB. They are now just offering the standard game with the plush toy, no extras or steelbook cover. Are they just sold out or what, but no page on their site anymore.

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

evret

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
evret
Accepted Solution
hopefully they reached their limit of preorders for the CE, i preordered mine at jb when i picked up gt5 so i hope we're still getting the CE here..........

/16

Toddster55555

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Toddster55555
Accepted Solution
I'm kinda annoyed now, I want the CE but we don't even have a JB down here anymore, maybe try DSE or something?

Photobucket
/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

They still have pre orders for LBP2 CE, it's just hidden away on the site, you have to type in the full name in the search box at JB's site.

or here's the link to it.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/little-big-planet-2-collectors-edition/585123

Beta Tester
/16

evret

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
evret
Accepted Solution

Toddster55555 wrote:
I'm kinda annoyed now, I want the CE but we don't even have a JB down here anymore, maybe try DSE or something?

just go to the link blackwiggle posted and pre-order it online and get it sent out to you, or just call the stores that you do have nearby to see if they can get it

/16

FahadM

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FahadM
Accepted Solution

Hey, I live in Australia (PAL) and just wanted to say that Ebgames.com.au, where i preodered, does give the 7" plush sackboy.

But does not give the bookends.

It still comes with the avatars and constumes obviously.

/16

FahadM

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FahadM
Accepted Solution

Oops, didnt realize this had been said already =[

/16

oxDeliRiouSxo

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
oxDeliRiouSxo
Accepted Solution
EB are offering a 6.5inch Plushie with the Standard Editon Im sure the LE said 7inch so everyone might wanna make sure they are getting the right one tomorrow

SPT's Girly Gamer - Aussie Girl Gamer's Unite

Yes I'm A Girl, No I Don't Wanna Flirt With You
/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
i've just picked up my collectors edition so here's a quick run down on my impressions.
i love the metal tin case, the colour of the playstation & PS3 symbol looks nice against the image of sackboys chest/zipper, kind of a off white which looks better than plain black or silver like i've seen on other tins. the spine doesn't have any writting on it besides the playstation & PS3 symbol at the top which is a bit of a bummer. i thought it would have at least had "LittleBigPlanet 2" or "collectores edition" on it too plus maybe the G rating symbol and BLES number but all that is all printed on the sleeve. the sleeve is fantastic, the colours don't seem as bright as the standard edition but i guess that just something to do with the plastic paint/ink.
the sackboy plushie is a playstation official licensed product but the knitted sackboy my mum made for my son is heaps better. the head on this (which is sackboys biggest feature) just doesn't look right. i was just going to give this to my boy anyway so it will be interesting to see which one he prefers!
as for the bookends that come in the US collectors edition, i don't think we're missing much. from the sounds of people doing their unboxing vids they don't seem too impressed with them. i wouldn't have used them anyway so no biggie.
i haven't seen any images of the bonus xmb theme but im hoping it get the thumbs up.
overall im happy with the lot and can't wait to get home tonight and play the sack out of it!

/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution

DigitalPunk- wrote:
i haven't seen any images of the bonus xmb theme but im hoping it get the thumbs up.

I'M ON THE DRUGS THAT KILLED RIVER PHOENIX!

don't know why i thought there was a XMB theme with the bonus stuff but to clariy, there isn't.

Re: Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel