94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

LittleBigPlanet 2 Demo, Beta Trial Expansion And Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

81 Replies 2,120 Views Created 18-11-2010

I don't normally do these 'copy and paste' news posts but I thought this stuff from the PlayStaton Blog was worth it! Lots of good news here:

Hi everyone! One of the things we promised when we announced the change in LittleBigPlanet 2‘s release date was that we’d find some ways to give you some LittleBigPlanet goodness ahead of the new game’s release in January. Now is the time to share with you what we’ve got in store…

sackbot_army

LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 STORY MODE DEMO

Let’s start with the great news that there will be a LittleBigPlanet 2 PSN demo coming your way next month. This demo will let everyone out there get a taste of LittleBigPlanet 2′s new Story Mode levels, and some of the new gameplay types that LBP 2 will give you the power to create for yourself. Experience the swinging good fun of the Grapple Hook, rescue some helplessly adorable Sackbots, and see the chaotic multiplayer fun that blows up when competitive scoring mode and some Creatinators armed with rockets are combined.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode demo will be published on PlayStation Store on 22 December.

SACKBOY’S PREHISTORIC MOVES

Next up is something a little different… a brand new spin-off PSN title that gives a taste of the fun that can happen when Sackboy gets his hands on the PlayStation Move motion controller.

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves contains a brand new 10 level theme – a dinosaur dominated land where the Evil Big Rex is king. You are on a mission to take on challenges engineered by Terrance Dactyl – and you’re going to need help. So put on your bear skins and grab up to four mates to navigate the tricky terrain of tropical jungle and erupting volcanoes – the player with the PlayStation Move controller leads the way, flicking switches and triggering platforms to help the others, using DualShock Controllers, through each level. Leap between Dino heads, use the Move controller to blast aside crates of bubbles, ride dinosaurs through prehistoric cities and take to the heights of the prehistoric tree canopy – then team up to defeat Big Rex, all while collecting Trophies along the way.

Sackboy's Prehistoric MovesSackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone – it doesn’t require either LBP 1 or LBP 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller – it is a Move Required and multiplayer-only co-op experience.

The game will be included on the LittleBigPlanet 2 disc when it is released in January. But for everyone who’s desperate to have some motion controlled fun with Sackboy before then – and for the new PS3 and Move owners out there who are intrigued to find out who this Sackboy fellow is – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be released on PlayStation Store on 15 December, priced €5.99.

That’s not all though! A week earlier, on 8th December, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free! And, as an extra “thank you” to the amazing community, thousands more LittleBigPlanet fans will receive an email to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free at the same time. Listen out for more news on this nearer the time.

For all you Move fans, Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is great fun – but it only scratches the surface of what’s possible when PlayStation Move and LittleBigPlanet meet, so look out for some exciting further updates to come after the release of LittleBigPlanet 2…

Sackboy's Prehistoric MovesSackboy's Prehistoric Moves

LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 BETA TRIAL

For weeks now, a group of trialists have been exploring the LittleBigPlanet 2 closed beta trial – providing the team at Media Molecule with a huge amount of valuable feedback, whilst also using the new tools to create some frankly stunning new levels that I’m sure many of you have been admiring from afar. There’s no better demonstration of just how powerful LBP 2′s new features are than to look at these creations – and I know many of you would love to play around with the new tools for yourselves.

Whilst everyone works hard to get all aspects of LBP 2 ready to release in January, it’s unfortunately not possible to open up the beta trial to everyone who’d like to be on there – the huge flood of Creators would be overwhelming! But the great news is that we are able to expand the beta trial a little further – so in early December, a new batch of PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive invitations to join the beta trial. Look out for more info to follow, Plus-folk!

So, to summarise all of that awesomeness…

Early December – A new batch of PlayStation Plus subscribers are invited into the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta trial.

8 December – PlayStation Plus subscribers and a big bunch of LBP fans get Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free.

15 December – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves goes on-sale for €5.99 on PlayStation Store.

22 December – Everyone get their hands on the LittleBigPlanet 2 demo.

Woo!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

nick9009

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nick9009
Accepted Solution

What do you mean tomorrow for free? 

0 Kudos

Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Demo, Beta Trial Expansion And Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

/16

flightx

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
flightx
Accepted Solution
playstation plus subscribers will be getting sackboys prehistoric moves or free tomorrow as past of the store update
0 Kudos

Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Demo, Beta Trial Expansion And Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

/16

nick9009

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nick9009
Accepted Solution

Oh, I thought he meant the actual demo. I am looking forward to Prehistoric moves! :D

0 Kudos

/16

flightx

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
flightx
Accepted Solution
yeah me too it'll be nice to see how the game feels playing with themove controller
0 Kudos

/16

FASOLY

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FASOLY
Accepted Solution

the beta ah ahhh
now its 9/12 and i didnt get the beta code im a member and i didnt get it yea i know this is not fair
the not fair when you make something to get something and you didnt get it     another wish to get the beta code .

0 Kudos

/16

TJSeven

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TJSeven
Accepted Solution

Well, you can keep your beta, I like many just want the full LBP2 game!!

So, companies who use beta testers... can't afford to pay real qa testers to do the work? LOL... well the majority of beta testers never feedback, don't have a clue what a beta is or what to do with it and I can PROMISE you... WE will find bugs and errors your so called beta team will not notice because they don't know what to look for or how to bug a game out!! LOL

Just like LBP!!!

/16

gjc1999

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gjc1999
Accepted Solution

i wish i could be one of those fans i got playstation move for my birthday in october!!

love lbp to shreads

0 Kudos

/16

maxboy35

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maxboy35
Accepted Solution

Why didn't England get the demo because its meant to be out today but its not on the psn store? one of my friends told me it wasn't out in England and I went mad I've also been checking all day for it but no media molecule never said!!!!!! agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

0 Kudos

/16

maxboy35

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maxboy35
Accepted Solution

ignore that it just got published yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee im sooo happy now :) :) :)  wooo hooooooooo yey

0 Kudos

/16

girvalkyrie

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
girvalkyrie
Accepted Solution

I just got the demo today (New Zealand) and it is awesome. The redesigned pod (not redesigned really, just disappears when choosing a level), new gadgets and items introduced, and the ability to use LBP1 DLC (costumes, props, etc.), the animated popit menu, oh and I like the changing of the world theme according to the theme of the level selected.

Thats about it on the demo. Demo is about 2GB.

When I checked the PS Store, there is a new NEOGEO games that can be played on both PS3 and PSP. I think these NEOGEO games are emulated because I know these are some kind of arcade-based games.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TheMiitch

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheMiitch
Accepted Solution

Loved the demo.

Menus and UI were nearly perfected.

Graphics are cleaner.

Controls seem more responsive.

Just the story levels and the co-op level shown show massive potential.

:)

0 Kudos

/16

reubenpm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
reubenpm
Accepted Solution

I'm in beta, and downloaded it, but haven't got my beta vest? Help please anyone?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

semihound

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
semihound
Accepted Solution
Played the demo & was very impressed but then again, I knew I would be.

You do noticed some graphical updates which are really nice but more so, there's interesting new features everywhere. Glad they put out a demo considering it got delayed.
0 Kudos

/16

happypenguin001

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
happypenguin001
Accepted Solution

by using R3 and L3 make sackboys feetmove 

0 Kudos

/16

happypenguin001

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
happypenguin001
Accepted Solution
What I meant was: Mm should make it so by pressing R3 or L3 sackboys right or left feet move.
0 Kudos

/16

Wychwoods

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wychwoods
Accepted Solution

I can't get the demo to download at all.  Just sticks on 9% every time.  I really wanna try this game out!

0 Kudos

/16

exomonkeyman

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
exomonkeyman
Accepted Solution

dont you get this if you get the game

0 Kudos

/16

spriggzilla123

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spriggzilla123
Accepted Solution

The beta sounds great but i dont get it because your meant to be active in lbp when yet theirs people that are testers and they would never get picked to be a tester, ive all ways wanted to be a tester, i make great levels its just that no one see's them so i never get close to mm picks i enjoy lbp and lbp2 loads i buy every pack their is, my ps3 names spriggzilla123, not genna lie if i had the chance to change it i would, but i would give anythink to be a tester.

0 Kudos

/16

Tommy012345

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tommy012345
Accepted Solution

1: Welcome

2: If you haven't noticed, the discussion on this topic (the Beta and LittleBigPlanet Demo) ended quite some time back. There is no news on a future beta at this current moment in time, so you've no real need to concern yourself with this... for now. ;)

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel