By StevenI

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

LittleBigPlanet 3 – Coming to Europe 26th November!

51 Replies 16,670 Views Created 10-10-2014

We’re currently working our socks off with Sackboy and friends to get the game to you as soon as possible but it’s recently come to our attention that we’re going to have to move the release of LittleBigPlanet 3 in Europe by one week to give Sackboy the best opportunity to shine.

This was a very difficult decision to make but since LittleBigPlanet is such a globally appealing game, it seemed only right to give more people the chance to get to know Sackboy and his new friends.

Sorry for any bubbles that may have just been burst but we thought it best to give you the heads-up now and to assure you that we’re still working to bring you all LittleBigPlanet 3 in Europe by 26th November. This doesn’t affect the release date in America.

LABELS: LittleBigPlanet
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

leeharrison

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leeharrison
Accepted Solution
That's my birthday so fine ;)

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 – Coming to Europe 26th November!

/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StevenI
Accepted Solution

leeharrison wrote:
That's my birthday so fine ;)

Sounds like it will be a great day for you then!
Fingers crossed somebody gets it for you!

renaultmilton wrote:

Yep... But in Swedish playstation site said its coming in November 21.

Retailers across Europe will be updating their listings now that we have announced the change of date.

0 Kudos

/16

renaultmilton

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
renaultmilton
Accepted Solution

Yep... But in Swedish playstation site said its coming in November 21.

/16

JTGsteelviper69

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JTGsteelviper69
Accepted Solution

I have never been more pumped for a game untell LittleBigPlanet 3. I can not wait untell November 18. :D

0 Kudos

/16

TidalPhoenix

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TidalPhoenix
Accepted Solution

"Give Sackboy the best opportunity to shine" - what a load of corporate clap trap. Give the real reason and stop treating people like they're idiots. What does 'opportunity to shine' even mean in this context? Why can the US version continue to ship with the non-shiny Sackboy?

/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StevenI
Accepted Solution

TidalPhoenix wrote:

"Give Sackboy the best opportunity to shine" - what a load of corporate clap trap. Give the real reason and stop treating people like they're idiots. What does 'opportunity to shine' even mean in this context? Why can the US version continue to ship with the non-shiny Sackboy?

katanagirl1 wrote:

This post has really confused me.  Won't North America and Europe be getting the same exact game?  If so, then why the different release dates?  If not, then what will be different between the two?  We're practically getting the same pre-order bonuses as well, otherwise I would say that is the reason.  So...what is different?

QuietlyWrong wrote:

An astute reader of the schedules would point to the release dates for GTA V and to a lesser degree Far Cry 4 on PS4 on the same date as being reasons to push LBP3 back for fear of being swallowed.

Why this is considered less of an issue in the US market than Europe is the next question.

Acespyro wrote:

When will you tell us the real reason it got delayed?

I don't believe your **** about this being delayed because of it being globally appealing. There is literally no excuse for this game being delayed, especially since the game is being developed in the UK, and we're getting the exact same game as the US. Also, this is getting too dumb. You decide to delay a videogame in EUROPE. OF ALL PLACES. You decide to sell to one country instead of a whole continent.

Nice marketing. 

SCEA and SCEE are in charge of their own marketing and product releases for America and Europe respectively, so ultimately the decision regarding release dates in their own regions is totally up to them. - Hence the discrepancy.

I can assure you that at no point did it cross anybody's mind that we would favour one region over another, we truly would never do that since LittleBigPlanet is most definitely a global community. (The clue is in the name.)

If I can talk candidly about the November/December release window for a moment, for obvious reasons it's an extremely busy time for any publishers or developers to release a new product out into the wild.

Speaking with the folks that make the decisions at SCEE, it's very clear to me that they're very passionate about LittleBigPlanet 3 and want to see it do as well as it possibly can, so with that in mind they would much rather devote a specific week to LittleBigPlanet 3's release in Europe, instead of spreading their efforts across both LBP and a slew of other titles that are otherwise being released the week before.

This means that in the new release week, everyone involved will be entirely devoted to Sackboy and his new band of friends and we can ensure that LittleBigPlanet 3 releases in Europe with the biggest bang possible!

Since LittleBigPlanet is such a community-driven game, this can only mean even more awesome folks becoming aware of LittleBigPlanet and joining our ever-expanding community within the PlayStation family and all of these great folks will be creating more types of games than ever before and thanks to the PlayStation 4's Share functionality, they will be able to share their experiences in entirely new ways too!

ScooterMix wrote:

Thats ok  give more time at least out this year.

Anyways how about sorting cool pages like dont but copy levels on cool pages then it fix

Aslo all the tools and everything get in LBP3 on PS4 get on PS3?

The Cool Levels do not exist in LittleBigPlanet 3.

They have been replaced with some new searches that we feel are much better at surfacing great content to players, most notable of which is the new "Recommended for You" section that will highlight content relating to your own personal tastes based on the creators and levels that you rate highly.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

I think I found it why the game got delayed in case you are wondering. The reason why SCEE decided to delay the game is because one of the soundtracks in LBP3 has offensive lyrics if rumours are true. 

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Proud PlayStation fan and cartoonist.

Also the member of the TheVitaLounge and PSVitaDirect community,
http://thevitalounge.net/
http://psvitadirect.com/
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StevenI
Accepted Solution

supersmith2500 wrote:

I think I found it why the game got delayed in case you are wondering. The reason why SCEE decided to delay the game is because one of the soundtracks in LBP3 has offensive lyrics if rumours are true. 

Pfft! You folks are never going to let that one drop are you... :P

We've had entirely different sound teams working on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, LittleBigPlanet Karting and now LittleBigPlanet 3...

And I would hazard a guess that they were all very familiar with that previous faux pas. ;)

mirjanneke wrote:

When will we be able to preorder  in Europe?

You can find various retailers to pre-order from right here:

http://retailers.eu.playstation.com/little-big-planet-3/de_DE

EnochRoot wrote:

it's all about making a big publicity splash drawing new folks in to the LBP experience

From an entirely commuity-orientated perspective, I fail to see how bringing a whole new generation of PlayStation players to LittleBigPlanet is a negative thing.

Speaking personally, I'd rather see LittleBigPlanet 3 launch in Europe with a bang instead of a whisper. :)

EnochRoot wrote:

but what of the existing community who have been dedicated and loyal for over 5 years?

We gave you awesome folks somewhat exclusive access to to LittleBigPlanet 3 Private Beta and will be looking to expand on that in the coming weeks to give even more of you folks some hands-on time with the new tools before launch.

You will also be able to bring all your previous creations to LittleBigPlanet 3, along with a whole host of other goodies that we will be divulging soon that will really help show that you're a long-time LittleBigPlanet fan! More news on that soon!

Not forgetting that we're also releasing a PlayStation 3 version because the very last thing we wanted to do was leave anybody behind because they don't own a PlayStation 4 just yet!

You're all amazing and we definitely want you all there with us! :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

EnochRoot

91%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EnochRoot
Accepted Solution

No one is suggesting bringing new folks into the wonderful world of LBP is a negative thing..the continued success and evolution depends on an ever expanding user base....but let's not kid ourselves this decision was made for community reasons rather than business?... How can dividing a community user base ever be a good thing?especially with such a community based game as LBP.

A massive part of the games appeal is the  playing experience, the joy of sharing the game with friends across the world...imagine the stink that would be kicked up if the latest CALL OF DUTY were scheduled for different dates around the world?

The games being scheduled for release around the same time are very different in appeal to different user bases....want a big publicity splash?... then promotion is key in partnership with vendors, retailers and media...

0 Kudos

photo sackaholic_zps6396289b.png
MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Let's cut through the nonsense. Surely no-one really begrudges a delay of seven days to help ensure good opening sales (and by extension, more happy gadders)?

Is this about getting your level noticed? It's going to be much easier, you think, you get your level noticed, with lots of plays and lots of hearts, if you can release it in the first few days after release and you resent the fact that the North American continent gets a whole week head-start?

Never fear, they're competing with all the LBP1 and LBP2 levels as well... ;) And they can probably point to a time when they had to wait their turn. (Not that it happens often in videogameland...)

0 Kudos

-------
/16

EnochRoot

91%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EnochRoot
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Let's cut through the nonsense. Surely no-one really begrudges a delay of seven days to help ensure good opening sales (and by extension, more happy gadders)?

Is this about getting your level noticed? It's going to be much easier, you think, you get your level noticed, with lots of plays and lots of hearts, if you can release it in the first few days after release and you resent the fact that the North American continent gets a whole week head-start?

Never fear, they're competing with all the LBP1 and LBP2 levels as well... ;) And they can probably point to a time when they had to wait their turn. (Not that it happens often in videogameland...)

Sorry you don't appear to have read or understood my posts.

Please try not to be so dismissive branding very real concerns as 'nonsense' or by throwing in random discussion about level promotion?.

What was being discussed was the disappointment of not being to participate and share in the experience of a wonderful new game with friends around the world at the same time, diminshing the fun.

Also it is valid to express concern of commercial interests far outweighing community interests. Any worries over poor first week sales in the face of games like FARCRY/ GTAV (PS4) are unwarranted as they are aimed at a  very different target audience.

And please try not to be so insulting talking of 'begruding' and' resentment' when in fact the idea of the whole LBP community sharing a global launch together is very in keeping with the positive SHARE-PLAY spirit the game encapsulates.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo sackaholic_zps6396289b.png
/16

mirjanneke

89%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mirjanneke
Accepted Solution

StevenI schreef:

mirjanneke wrote:

When will we be able to preorder  in Europe?

You can find various retailers to pre-order from right here:

http://retailers.eu.playstation.com/little-big-planet-3/de_DE

thx for reply, but i meant when will the digital version be available in Europe?

0 Kudos

/16

monkey500

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
monkey500
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the info. You missed out my question about the UK date? Are we on for 26th or 28th November?

0 Kudos

/16

radiocaf

75%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
radiocaf
Accepted Solution

Give sackboy chance to shine? No it isn't! You messed up with Driveclub because the servers in your single datacentre can't handle it, so yet again the American's get their games first and it gives them chance to ruin and spoil it for everyone else who accidentally reads their spoilers. How about we get a game first for once, Sony? How about that?! Don't even want this game, but it's annoyed me that you have the gall to penalise us in Europe, over anyone else.

/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

Honestly with Pokemon ORAS coming out the same week @_@ I will be extremely torn on what to play...

0 Kudos

/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

I am glad to hear that the Cool Pages is either going away or is being redone.  I have so many other creators telling me I need to "boost" my levels to get plays and I don't think it's right.  Hopefully they'll do something to eliminate the 100,000 copies of the same level when you try to search for something, on LBP and LBP2 levels as well.

So, are we going to get the game in NA and then get an PS network game update once the EU version comes out?

I did have someone suggest to me that the staggered launch dates may be an effort to make sure that the servers could handle the traffic, and that seems like a good reason to me.  We've all seen how highly anticipated games can flop because of crashed servers, and the stability of the PSN for LBP2 has been shaky lately.  If that is indeed not the reason for the delay, I would almost prefer that the NA version gets delayed as well so I can play with my friends.  It's going to be pretty lonely for a week.

0 Kudos

/16

TSFRJ

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TSFRJ
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

photo MVPLBPsig.jpg
/16

masseyf

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
masseyf
Accepted Solution

Not even fully sure why Im bothering to make this post, considering a variety of actions from Sony have caused me to give up buying anything else from them.

But for whatever its worth, Im putting it out there anyway that I am disgusted by this. Im pretty sure EnochRoot has the reasoning behind it down, it makes sense. The part thats really bothering me is *they've singled us out!* Its not like a production issue hit which translated into an unavoidable delay. We're being given the short end of the stick in the name of the bottom line, something Sony seems to excel at.

We should be getting a same day release. The previously announced few day difference was silly enough, now you want to push us even further back!

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 – Coming to EUROPE late

/16

tanu171

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tanu171
Accepted Solution

LBP was developed at UK (dunno EU?)

And Pre order bonuses goes to US first come on give the game a rise and shine where it was just born at.

0 Kudos

/16

tanu171

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tanu171
Accepted Solution

And guys those of you who are worried by nows release date its all in this link to the EUs and UKs

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/264074/Little+Big+Planet+3+delayed+by+a+week+in+UK/

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel