Problem Solved

View Original Post
21 Apr 2015
By StevenI

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress

LittleBigPlanet 3: Community Menu Update - Introducing Level of the Day!

[ Edited ]
19 Replies 4,557 Views edited 21-04-2015
21 Apr 2015
By StevenI

Hello Intrepid Explorers of the Omniverse!

We have just rolled out a new server update that has made a number of changes to the Community Menu that aims to help your community level explorations and help you locate an even greater wealth of amazing community content!

Here’s a brief rundown of the changes that we have just rolled out…

Change List

• Level of the Day – New Category Added
    Today we have rolled out a rather nifty new feature that we have been working on…
    Level of the Day! Read below for more details on this brand new feature!

• Most Hearted – More Organisation!
    The Most Hearted category now has more organisation options that can be selected by scrolling to the Time Filter and pressing Square.

• Highest Rated Category – Removed
    Since our last update, we found that Most Hearted and Highest Rated kept returning extremely similar results, so we have removed the Highest Rated category since we feel that Most Hearted serves the same purpose now - Floating up community levels that the community are actively praising in the last week!

• My Friends and Hearted Creators Categories – Removed
    To help keep the Community Menu a bit more concise, we have removed the My Friends and Hearted Creators categories from the main Community Menu.
    If you wish to access your PSN Friends or Hearted Creators profiles, you can still locate them under both the Social Menu and My Profile.

• Minor Community Category Improvements and Category Ordering Changes
    We have also changed the layout a bit and done some minor tweaking to a number of the Community Menu categories to help improve the community levels that they return. Give them all a whirl and let us know if you feel that search results for each category have improved!

New Feature: Level of the Day

Level of the Day is a brand new feature that aims to showcase a single fun community level that we recommend that you give a play! The featured level changes every 24 hours, so make sure to return each day for the next Level of the Day!

Unlike the Team Picks, it is not a continually growing archive of top-tier community content and no Pins or Rosettes are awarded for levels featured in Level of the Day.

Level of the Day is also somewhat random in comparison to the Team Picks.
It includes a pool of levels that are generally popular in the community and will also include levels that we haven’t even played ourselves; so waiting to find out which level will pop up each day is half the fun for everyone!

So what does this mean for everyone?

• A new level to play every day!
  • A much greater opportunity for creators to be featured in-game!

Be sure to check out the Level of the Day each day and let us know what you think of this new feature and the levels that it is featuring!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

I know how you like to keep a happy-go-lucky tone to things around here.  I don't really want to disrupt that, but there are a few things that really need to be addressed.  Don't want to sound angry, just serious for a moment.

How about doing something to stop the number of cheap copies of levels that are out there?  That would be the singlemost, best improvement you could make to community search.  Period.  End ot story.

There are still issues with some players not showing up as well.  That has not been fixed.  Also, the Recent Activity -> Browse Events cannot be used to visit another person's profile to comment, since it erroneously sends you to your profile instead.  I have posted these problems before, but no one has responded to them.  If you have to do a manual search for a player that you know is playing the game (because they left you a heart/comment,) then they really need to show up in the search.  It is the only way to reach them.

It would also help if the trailer videos were not set to autoplay when doing a search.  It's slowing the network to a crawl, oftentimes a complete stop.  If you're not going to beef up the network to handle it, then that is a viable solution.

I hope you will listen to these comments; it gives you an idea of what players (at least this one) really wants, instead of coming up with ideas that you think is what people want, and may or not be what they want.  Thank you!

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3: Community Menu Update - Introducing Level of the Day!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

katanagirl1 wrote:

How about doing something to stop the number of cheap copies of levels that are out there?  That would be the singlemost, best improvement you could make to community search.  Period.  End ot story.

We have actually made some improvements to the rest of the searches to help reduce the number of such levels being raised up.

It is worth bearing in mind that whilst you may not like some of the results being returned, they are in fact representative of what the category represents.

Take a look at the categories today and see if you like the levels that they are promoting.

katanagirl1 wrote:

Whoa, wait a minute! Where are the Hearted Creators and My Friends catagories under Community! I see Hearted Content but that just looks like levels! You removed the only two things (other than Recently Played and My Queue) that I use!

If you go to Recent Activity > Social, you will be able to bring up a list of both your PSN Friends and Hearted Players.

Hearted Players can also be found under Me > My Profile > Latest Hearted Creator (More Hearted Creators...)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

StevenI wrote:

katanagirl1 wrote:

We have actually made some improvements to the rest of the searches to help reduce the number of such levels being raised up.

It is worth bearing in mind that whilst you may not like some of the results being returned, they are in fact representative of what the category represents.

Yes, I understand that the majority of players are little kids playing Five Nights at Freddy's and Mortal Combat levels.  Nothing I can do about that.

Take a look at the categories today and see if you like the levels that they are promoting.

I'm talking about say, I want to find a God of War level.  I put those words in the Search box, and I get hundreds and hundreds of the same level, just copied to another person's earth and republished.  I really only need to see one of those levels.  It would showcase the variety of different God of War levels instead them getting lost in all of the copies.

katanagirl1 wrote:

Whoa, wait a minute! Where are the Hearted Creators and My Friends catagories under Community! I see Hearted Content but that just looks like levels! You removed the only two things (other than Recently Played and My Queue) that I use!

If you go to Recent Activity > Social, you will be able to bring up a list of both your PSN Friends and Hearted Players.

Hearted Players can also be found under Me > My Profile > Latest Hearted Creator (More Hearted Creators...)

As I have pointed out before, when you click on Profile under someone's name in Recent Activity, it sends you to your profile, not theirs.  So that doesn't work.  You're requiring me to search back through days (maybe weeks or months of activity) to find a friend in my profile.  Not very useful.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

katanagirl1 wrote:
I'm talking about say, I want to find a God of War level.  I put those words in the Search box, and I get hundreds and hundreds of the same level, just copied to another person's earth and republished.  I really only need to see one of those levels.  It would showcase the variety of different God of War levels instead them getting lost in all of the copies.

I've just performed a search for "God of War" myself and could not see many levels in the results that I would consider to be "copies".

To help give us an idea of the type of levels that you would like the manual search to return, could you give me some examples of the types of God of War levels that you want to see and some examples of the levels you don't want to see.

katanagirl1 wrote:
As I have pointed out before, when you click on Profile under someone's name in Recent Activity, it sends you to your profile, not theirs.  So that doesn't work.  You're requiring me to search back through days (maybe weeks or months of activity) to find a friend in my profile.  Not very useful.

Are you on the Recent Activity stream itself?

If you click on "Profile" when someone has played a level, it will take you to the planet containing containing the level that was played, even if it was yours.

If you would like to see that user's own profile, you should be able to locate them under either Friends or Heared within the "Social" menu that can be located at the top of the Recent Activity.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

mh637099

• Beta Tester
86%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
I'm trying to get the Create Playlist trophy but.......... it's glitched. It shows 67 out of 20 playlists and I can't create a playlist.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

I've just performed a search for "God of War" myself and could not see many levels in the results that I would consider to be "copies".

To help give us an idea of the type of levels that you would like the manual search to return, could you give me some examples of the types of God of War levels that you want to see and some examples of the levels you don't want to see.

I'll have to try it again when I log into the PS4, but you see the same name over and over again with different people as "creator", but if you play you see that it is just the same level.

Are you on the Recent Activity stream itself?

If you click on "Profile" when someone has played a level, it will take you to the planet containing containing the level that was played, even if it was yours.

If you would like to see that user's own profile, you should be able to locate them under either Friends or Heared within the "Social" menu that can be located at the top of the Recent Activity.

That is not how it used to work.  I see the other username at the top of the block, but when I click "go to profile" it goes to mine.  That is extremely unhelpful.  Why would I want to go to my profile, and as I mentioned before, some usernames do not show up in the Community Search.  It also has a block for the other username but says "katanagirl1 hearted katanagirl1" so that implies that something is broken.  I keep saying these things but it doesn't seem like anyone is listening.  I can easily go to my own profile, I do not need some other more difficult way to do it.  The Community section is a mess of things I don't want and now doesn't have much that I do want.  If I want to find a creator that I hearted three years ago I have to search through three years of activity to find them.  I hope someone else will come on here and comment and back me up on this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

Try looking up "Star Trek" there is a copied level of that going around, and it's the same one over and over again... while original ones are few and far between... I believe that's the effect she's talking about. (Although I just now tried looking it up on lbp.me and it returned one star wars level- that is not right...)

However take these search results for an example:

https://lbp.me/search/v?t=newest&q=star+wars&p=1&l=12

all of the levels are the same aside from a few that are not.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

katanagirl1 wrote:
That is not how it used to work.  I see the other username at the top of the block, but when I click "go to profile" it goes to mine.  That is extremely unhelpful.

Thank you for the additional information.
This is indeed an issue and something that we will address.

When highlighting another player's name with Browse Events, the game should take you to their Planet and not the main activity of the event. In a case like this, the Level or Player that received the Heart.

JaddziaDax wrote:

Try looking up "Star Trek" there is a copied level of that going around, and it's the same one over and over again... while original ones are few and far between...

I'm not able to see this when searching for "Star Trek" myself.
Would you mind providing a screenshot or two that highlights the levels that you consider to be an issue?

Just so that we can locate this behaviour in the game ourselves and look into it for you. :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

StevenI wrote:

katanagirl1 wrote:
That is not how it used to work.  I see the other username at the top of the block, but when I click "go to profile" it goes to mine.  That is extremely unhelpful.

Thank you for the additional information.
This is indeed an issue and something that we will address.

When highlighting another player's name with Browse Events, the game should take you to their Planet and not the main activity of the event. In a case like this, the Level or Player that received the Heart.

Thanks so much for finally acknowledging this!  I've been reporting it for months!  I'm not sure I said anything different, but I'm glad I was able to get my point across.  I'm pretty sure it's been like this since the game launched.  I look forward to the next update and hope this fix will be included.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

I havent used the in game search yet, but a single star wars level is all that shows for me in this search on lbp.me

https://lbp.me/search/v?t=newest&q=star+trek&p=1&l=12

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

L-I-M-I

88%
02 Rank
Progress
L-I-M-I
Accepted Solution
Great idea, is it possible to receive a notice that your level was a 'LEVEL OF THE DAY" just in case you pucblish and don't log on til 2 days later or is this only for newly published levels?

Also, I love the idea of turning off/on the autoplay trailer function. Currently it does eat up alot of space on the network. or a way for it to sense that it is jamming up the connection and auto turns off... say R1 or something plays the trailer.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

Whoa, wait a minute!  Where are the Hearted Creators and My Friends catagories under Community!  I see Hearted Content but that just looks like levels!  You removed the only two things (other than Recently Played and My Queue) that I use!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

is it possible to get Dive in back?

currently I'm using a glitched adventure level to achieve the same thing, thing is it sucks and keeps connecting me to the same two kids O.o

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

Okay, I have to admit I haven't done a word search on God of War lately, so I have to give you guys credit that the results that show up now are more varied with fewer repeats, so that is much better!

However, the Most Hearted, Busiest, and Most Played are almost always the same level, in this case a Spongebob Death Run.  Enough said.

I would like to think that you would respond and please put back the Hearted Players and My Friends tabs, but it doesn't sound like that is going to occur.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pookachoo

80%
03 Rank
Progress
Pookachoo
Accepted Solution

I agree it would be nice to have some noification if your level was picked on a day when you didn't happen to log into LBP, in fact a Level of the Day Pin would be cool!

Also I'd like to see the level of the day posted somewhere on LBP.me

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

konclan

23%
02 Rank
Progress
konclan
Accepted Solution

Ok I'm confused now, I'm sorry to sound like the hundreds of others yelling "where's my dlc" but I have been waiting so patiently for the past few months for the Monsters Level Kit dlc to finally be fixed; but, after the latest playstation update, it doesn't even say I own it on the store anymore. I don't know if its fixed and I need to rebuy it or if its just broken and I should continue waiting. Also it seems that the Metal Gear Solid Level Kit has a bug in the first level where prize bubbles appear to be stuck on the vehicle making them inaccessible. I have seen a similar problem where when I move an object between layers using the Grabinator, the object doesn't fully go to the current layer the player is in and it can become stuck on objects in different layers. I hope these issues can be addressed as I really badly want to keep playing this. However, that said, I cannot help be feel that these issues have been issues for too long. Thank you for what you do and keep up the good work.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

Soooo...
Just being a bit nosy...

How have you all found the Level of the Day selections so far? :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hanfi1311

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Hanfi1311
Accepted Solution
All the levels i tried, were great levels... good job, but I don't have time to get every day online... would be great, when there would be a list on LBP.me were I can queue all this great levels for the next time, when I'm online... Thanks...
0 Kudos

www.lbp-hub.com
LBP-HUB.com - LittleBigPlanet news, statistics, signatures, music, wiki, forum...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

StevenI wrote:

Soooo...
Just being a bit nosy...

How have you all found the Level of the Day selections so far? :)

I like the idea, but every time I have looked it is a level that has already been picked somewhere (Team Pick, LBN, LBF, LBP Central).  I've been busy the last week working on something so I haven't checked during that time.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel