Progress

LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05 Progress Update

25 Replies 3,723 Views Created 22-01-2015
22 Jan 2015
By StevenI

LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05
Progress Update

Hi everyone!

We are getting close to releasing Game Update 1.05 and just wanted to give you all a quick look at some of the issues it will be addressing. We’re really sorry if any of these issues have been spoiling your enjoyment of LittleBigPlanet 3 but we wanted to assure you that we’re hearing everything you’re saying and working around the clock to bring you the best LittleBigPlanet experience possible!

• Game Crashes and Multiplayer Connectivity
    This new update will include fixes to help with multiplayer connections and to fix a number of the crash instances that you have reported to us. If you encounter any crashes, please continue to report these to us with as many details as possible as it will really help us crack down on these issues permanently.

• PlayStation 4 Save Profile Corruption
    We will be introducing a rather nifty automatic profile back-up system for your Save Progress. If your Sackboy or Sackgirl is unfortunate enough to encounter a crash, your recent gameplay progress will be restored and save profile corruption will be avoided.

• Missing DLC Issues
    Working with the regional PlayStation Store teams we have identified the issues causing this content to be missing and we will now address these issues as soon as possible, so you can expect to see your purchased content re-appearing in upcoming PlayStation Store updates.

We can’t thank you enough your continued support and passion for LittleBigPlanet 3.
Look out for a full set of patch notes for Game Update 1.05 soon and stay tuned for future updates from all of us here at Team LBP!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
41%
02 Rank
Progress
neonassassin8009
Accepted Solution
II hope you guys will add the dive in button in a future update. Because that was one reason I got most of the friends I have on psn today. It made lbp and lbp2 a social place for the lbp community to meet people and make new friends. So please sumo add the dive in button back eventually.

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05 Progress Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TURB0_THUNDER

44%
02 Rank
Progress
TURB0_THUNDER
Accepted Solution

Any News on getting LBP1 and LBP2 goty dlc to transfer over? 

file:///C:/Users/Rohan/Pictures/Patapon.gif

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mirjanneke

90%
02 Rank
Progress
mirjanneke
Accepted Solution

If you guys keep updating, I'll keep reporting:-)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katanagirl1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
katanagirl1
Accepted Solution

I posted this on the US forums, trying here too to see if I get a response:

Thanks for the update! I hadn't had much trouble until now because I'd been in create mode most of the time, but playing multiplayer yesterday I saw just about every glitch that has been reported so far. It's really hard to complete On the Links of Disaster level when your Toggle is invisible!

I'm eagerly awaiting the DLC updates - I hope all the GOTY and Special Edition shows up as being purchased in this patch. It sounds like the create issues will be addressed later on.

By the way, the reported issue with only game leader getting the trophies, is that a glitch or is that how the LBP3 developers intended the game to work? I don't think I've seen any official comments about that. I'm missing the Don't Go Alone trophy because I have played all the levels but don't know which ones I was not game leader. This is keeping me from getting the platinum. Should I go back and play them all again or wait and see if a future patch addresses this?

Thanks again!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Good to hear something is happening at last,  it's been a very long wait. 

I'm missing loads of DLC including MGS, DC comics, Marvel, Monster pack, Vera Bee, Jon Burgerman and the Mm music pack which I particularly miss. Can you confirm I will definitely get everything back eventually? Hopefully soon. Also still missing my Crown, any news on that? 

Are you working on a fix for the broken magic mouths on imported LBP1 and LBP2 levels too?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Astralith

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Astralith
Accepted Solution
Wonderful! I hope the bug that freezes the game when working on Changling Sackbots gets fixed! And I hope the Toggle Garden Gnome costume I earned on Run Sacboy Run! will show up for PS3. And I hope whatever is limiting my Sackpocket to 3 power ups when I test a level in play mode gets fixed too.... And the loading lag getting in and out of My Moon.... And I hope 3D movement is put in the game officially instead of somebody's broadcast chip creation that mimics it.... And.... And.... And...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JDonahue79

52%
02 Rank
Progress
JDonahue79
Accepted Solution
It makes me wonder why Sumo touts "Top down Gameplay", when people in the community are more advanced then they are.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Astralith

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Astralith
Accepted Solution
...And I want an ALIEN: Isolation pack for my troubles!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zdiddy5050

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Zdiddy5050
Accepted Solution

Level 3 when you get both marbless, nothing happens. No swoop.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

mh637099

• Beta Tester
86%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
@StevenI I sent you a PM a month ago and you still haven't seen it. What gives?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Hello,  is there anybody out there?

Still no update and no DLC fixes. Have sumo digital dropped off the face of the planet? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Any news on the 'launch' spacesuits. We still haven't seen them on the UK store. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KazeLynn

73%
02 Rank
Progress
KazeLynn
Accepted Solution
Thank you. My friend and I had terrible issues with the multiplayer on PS3 and I hope that now I'll be able to do the cross-controller stuff on LBP3. In fact, I'm pretty sure the multiplayer issues are why he completely stopped playing it 2 days after we got the game together. >_> He'll be thrilled to know this is actively being worked on, I hope. Otherwise how am I going to do the 4-player stuff? I only have 3 controllers. ):

Also I remember you from the original LBW forums back before they had community curators, surprised but happy to see you work in such an official capacity now. (Probably late but I dropped off the LBP radar for a long time.)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JDonahue79

52%
02 Rank
Progress
JDonahue79
Accepted Solution
Sumo and Sony, This update, I have to say finally, about time, but on the other hand, I have to say, too little, too late to get away with a bad mark from me. These problems should have never existed in the first place since day one. Finally I get a game that finally works after two months of suffering, but people need to put their foot down and give them a message saying that we don't accept an industry where games were released broken and patched later. I remember on the gold old days of the PS one and the PS2, NES, SNES, the games worked the day it came out. People may think that the internet gives developers and game makers the freedom to release games broken, it doesn't It makes gamers angry and eventually, the gamers will distrust the company, and the industry is collapsing. If the next game is broken, I have to say screw it. It's not worth my time to wait for a fix patch. I want an industry where you get a working a game. That is, a game that works and functions out of the box. Yes, I do accept a few minor glitches here and there, but I don't accept broken games that I have to wait for a patch to come out. We've got Internet, but we've now got betas. Perhaps if you had an open beta for a while, we wouldn't have had these basic problems. People spent 60 bucks for this game, people expect games to be completed and working the first time they put the discs in their consoles..

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KazeLynn

73%
02 Rank
Progress
KazeLynn
Accepted Solution

JDonahue79 wrote:
Sumo and Sony, This update, I have to say finally, about time, but on the other hand, I have to say, too little, too late to get away with a bad mark from me. These problems should have never existed in the first place since day one. Finally I get a game that finally works after two months of suffering, but people need to put their foot down and give them a message saying that we don't accept an industry where games were released broken and patched later. I remember on the gold old days of the PS one and the PS2, NES, SNES, the games worked the day it came out. People may think that the internet gives developers and game makers the freedom to release games broken, it doesn't It makes gamers angry and eventually, the gamers will distrust the company, and the industry is collapsing. If the next game is broken, I have to say screw it. It's not worth my time to wait for a fix patch. I want an industry where you get a working a game. That is, a game that works and functions out of the box. Yes, I do accept a few minor glitches here and there, but I don't accept broken games that I have to wait for a patch to come out. We've got Internet, but we've now got betas. Perhaps if you had an open beta for a while, we wouldn't have had these basic problems. People spent 60 bucks for this game, people expect games to be completed and working the first time they put the discs in their consoles..

Games were also significantly less advanced back then and barely any of them had online functionality.

This is the price for the complexity games have today and fixing serious bugs like this 2 months after release is actually pretty commendable when you've invested in other games that take months to fix serious issues and sometimes don't bother fixing them at all. Look at the hot mess of Towns or Godus on the PC, or if you need a more mainstream example, Minecraft. All of them have problems, some existing for years, that either go unaddressed or take so long to fix that the community just makes mods to deal with and by the time the official dev team gets around to doing something about it, their fixes or features are usually worse than the mods and whatever they do gets overlooked.

I look forward to the day when we can mod console games but even then, bug fixing after gold release and transparent communication with the audience is the best thing developers can do and more of them should take a note from this, assuming they actually deliver this update within the next couple months and don't drag their feet for a year. Then you'd be justified giving them a hard time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flightx

92%
02 Rank
Progress
flightx
Accepted Solution
Great news about the update. Still having the same old issues with aome of the dlc but fingers crossed this should fix it. Hope they add the rest of the missing dlc like the rare items and im sure there was another assassins creed costume but wasnt there a licence issue over that?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

methodactor

98%
05 Rank
Progress
methodactor
Accepted Solution
While I agree with what you're saying, many of the problems in LBP3 occurred immediately. For me, Sackboy fell completely through a level within a couple of minutes of playing. They must have had some idea that at least a few of these bugs existed when it shipped, how could they not?

But, they're working hard to fix it which is all they can do at this point. It does feel a little too late for me, my initial excitement has worn off and I feel if the full LBP experience had been available from that start I'd still be in that honeymoon period now.

I hope they're working on some awesome DLC for the future, if it's quality (and it works!) I'll be buying it.

Thanks for the update, glad to see 1.05 is on it's way and you're focusing on the essentials. It won't fix everything for everyone but it'll definitely help!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RedHotSackboy

58%
02 Rank
Progress
RedHotSackboy
Accepted Solution

Does This update fix a problem where i redownloaded the Cross Controller Pack and the levels are nowhere to be found?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tarkje

52%
02 Rank
Progress
tarkje
Accepted Solution
Glad to hear that you are trying to fix this broken game. Don't Let sumo kill LBP!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel