LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.13 Notes

4 Replies 2,624 Views Created 17-09-2015
17 Sep 2015
By StevenI

LittleBigPlanet 3
Game Update Notes 1.13

Release Date: September 21st 2015

Summary

LittleBigPlanet Game Update 1.13 is scheduled to roll out on September 21st 2015 and brings our brand new Recommended For You category to the Community menu; bringing you a regularly updating selection of levels to play based on the content that your Hearted Players are Hearting!

This update also makes some changes to the Community Level End of Level screen and the Community Level Pause Menu screen to allow players to directly Heart a creator from within these levels.

Another new addition to these screens is a display of the progress for a trio of Pins for the current game mode that you’re getting ever-closer to receiving… Just to give you all a little reminder of any Pin Awards that are within your grasp. ;)

Full details on all of the updates and fixes in this update are available below.

PlayStation 4 Download Size: 100MB
PlayStation 3 Download Size: 115MB
These are estimate download sizes and the size may vary depending on region and when you last updated.

Important Patch Download Information for PlayStation 4 Users

Due to the way that PlayStation 4 updates software in the background, some players are encountering issues with game progression by attempting to access content that is not ready to be used.

To avoid encountering issues, we recommend that you check your Download Status before starting LittleBigPlanet 3.

This can be achieved by highlighting LittleBigPlanet 3 on the PlayStation 4 Home Screen, pressing Options on your controller and selecting Information.

The following screen will inform you of your current download status.

If the Download Status displays that the Download Progress and Download Size are the same (E.g. 1.2GB/1.2GB), your game is ready to launch with all of the features available to you upon arriving in your Pod.

Update Notes 1.13

Updates

• New Feature: Recommended For You!
    On your Community menu we have added a brand new category that will personally recommend you some levels to play based on the activity of your Hearted Players!

This means that if one of your Hearted Players publishes a level or if they Heart a level themselves, it will pop up in this rather handy list of recommended levels.

This also means that any levels that you publish or Heart could potentially be recommended to the players that have Hearted you!

The more popular a level is amongst your Hearted Players; the higher up it will be in your Recommended For You recommendations, so you can quickly gauge which is the most popular and highly-liked content amongst your Hearted Players.

So make sure to put your Hearts to good use and Heart any players that you would be interested in recommending levels to you and don’t forget to return the favour to the players that have Hearted you by Hearting any levels that you think others should play!

Speaking of all these Hearts, that brings us nicely on to our next change…

General Changes

• End of Level and Community Level Pause Menu Screens Update
    We have made some changes to the End of Level screen and the Community Level Pause Menu Screens to add the ability to Heart the level’s creator!

This change makes it even easier to Heart a creator when playing their level since you no longer need to visit their Player Profile to Heart them.

We have also added a new display that highlights the progress of three of your Pins that are relevant to the current game mode to help you monitor your current progress for these Pins at a glance without needing to head to the Pins menu!

• Community Menu Update
    Along with the Recommended For You category, we have updated our Community Menu to include some help text for the following categories to assist newer players:

• Recommended For You
    • My Queue
    • My Playlists
    • My Hearted Content

If any of these categories are currently empty for you, this new help text will help explain what you need to do to begin generating or adding content to these categories.

Game Stability

General Fixes

• Fixed a freezing issue that may occur when the system attempts to access save data after the player loads up LittleBigPlanet 3 online and attempts to connect to PSN during the game’s start-up sequence.

• Fixed a freezing issue that may occur if a player signs out of PSN immediately after a loading screen has appeared.

• Fixed a freezing issue that may occur online when two or more players are in a level, the Host Player disconnects from the session and a Client Player attempts to re-join them.

LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Content

• The “Battle of the Ice” music track will now be correctly available to players that have met the requirements to unlock this content.
    Note: If you have played the original LittleBigPlanet and want to add this track to your Popit, just sign into LittleBigPlanet 3 with the same PSN account that you originally played LittleBigPlanet on and after installing Game Update 1.13; open your Pause Menu in your Pod, scroll down to My Unlocks and select “Unlock LittleBigPlanet Content”.
0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sleepographer

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Sleepographer
Accepted Solution

The “Battle of the Ice” music track is available and sounds right when hovered over in the Popit, but when placed in a level it shows and plays as "Wilderness IntMusic". In other words, it still ain't workin' right. Anyone else notice this post Game Update 1.13?

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.13 Notes

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KeenShadow

21%
02 Rank
Progress
KeenShadow
Accepted Solution
Good, enjoy that music alot. Has anyone adressed the Lantern effect material? It has very low opacity and its invisible on dark backgrounds.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LVL-58

32%
02 Rank
Progress
LVL-58
Accepted Solution

This it? Honestly I'm dissappointed. I do appreciate all the effort thats been put into making the game playable. But its been nearly a year since the game released and theres still so many issues on the user side its not even funny.

I still cant load into ps4 version levels. Half the time I try and import a level on my moon, it still takes about a half hour for the level list to come up, which is absolutely assinine.

It just seems that you threw it all together and left the ps3 version to crash and burn in the toilet, then are trying to flush it, but all it will do is clog up the plumbing and overflow.

This is a game I spent $60 dollars on, and had high hopes for, but if this is what I am faced with im giving up on the series now. You dont seem to take into consideration on any suggestions to fix the issues in the game and put in inane features that noone really expects, and dlc noone wants to buy because the game hardly works in the first place.

Why dont you lot stop, and take a suggestion from someone who knows quite a bit about game designing myself.

- First off, get retail versions of the games since its easier to see the issues with the game with the retail version than it is in the developmental version. Mainly the US version of LBP3 for the PS3. I've had lots of issues with this game.

- Secondly, LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY! I cannot stress this enough. When the community says theres constantly freezing, lag in levels, etc etc. THAT IS TOP PRIORITY. Not all the fluff with features. Yes there may be levels that break, and fix those as well, but when your online doesnt even work, that should have been the first thing you fixed, not taken 13 updates to barely patch. My online still does not work with this 3rd iration.

-Third, focus more on the PS3 version. Yes I know it is last gen, and spoiled snots get better systems, but there are regular people that cant afford to buy a new game system with a roll of money that they pull out of their rear. From what I've seen the ps4 version works 100 times better than the ps3 version, and this shouldnt be. I got the ps3 version because I could not afford a ps4, and was not going to save back with real world expenses going on just for one game, thats idiotic. So I bought the PS3 version, and I loved the fact that it copied and converted all my stuff from LBP1 and 2. BUT a lot of it doesnt work which was a massive let down. My game room that ive been working on for about 2 and a half years which you can look up on my profile emits most of the games behind where its meant to so you cant really play it at all. I hope you can fix this, and if someone needs to get in touch with me from your company to help me with this issue, I welcome it, you can contact me on my PSN of LVL-58

All in all, its a great start, but until you fix this game, I'm going to keep telling people not to worry about picking up this game as LBP2 is better right now. I don't want to, but when it comes to games I'm very serious, and I dont wish for people to go through the Little Big Hell that I've been going through with your game.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tortue_G

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Tortue_G
Accepted Solution

Hi, we don't have news about updates since a long time, i think that the changes with lastest are only about new DLC...

For me the big problem is that actually we still can't play to LBP2 levels that use "layer glitch", or with levels without glitch that are build directly on the floor (like Historic or Monster DLC OFFICIAL levels ,we still can go behind the 3 LBP2 layers and it broke the gameplay on those levels , it seem so simple for editor to limit the 3 layers for LBP1/2 levels, I don't understand why we have still this problem .

And about DLC, Doctor Who costumes packs have great quality (but still missing a level kit pack... they are costumes, only costumes, just for $$$...), but... The last Monster Inc. pack is just a shame !!! CDA costumes are not bad, Boo i OK too, but others are near to be the ugliest costumes created for LBP since the launch of LBP1 !! Yeti look like a sheep, Sully look like a blue sheep, Bob Razowsky is a bad bodypainting, they are looking totally unfinished, what a shame, I can imagine that Disney accepted this ...

I still hope a future Starwars pack since Disney acquired the license, but if they look like this, I have a bad feeling about this ...

0 Kudos

LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.13 Notes

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel