80%
02 Rank
Progress

LittleBigPlanet 3 - Multiplayer Connection Issues

44 Replies 12,330 Views Created 14-01-2015
14 Jan 2015
By StevenI

Hello Everyone!

We have received a high number of reports that players are encountering multiplayer connection issues and since LittleBigPlanet thrives on its community interactivity, this is an issue that we're investigating as a high priority and would like to get resolved asap.

If you encounter any type of multiplayer connection issue, would you please take a moment to answer the following questions.

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4?

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

Many apologies for any inconvenience this issue is causing whilst you're playing LittleBigPlanet 3.

We will greatly appreciate any information that you're able to provide to help us to pinpoint if there is an underlying cause of these issues and get it resolved for everybody.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spiderdian-home

41%
02 Rank
Progress
spiderdian-home
Accepted Solution
  1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? Playstation 3 Slim

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? No

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? Dunno

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Everywhere

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Join a friend, because they removed the Dive-In Button

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Zero

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?  "The game has diverged" 
0 Kudos

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 - Multiplayer Connection Issues

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jupa88

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Jupa88
Accepted Solution
    PlayStation 4.

Yes.

Type 2.

I have been trying to use the "Join us!" button when starting to load various story mode levels.

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?
    I was trying to join a random player.

It was only me in my game.

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?
    Usually some kind of an error message has been displayed. Sometimes the "timed out" message and sometimes another one but I don't remember the exact message.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gundefined

42%
02 Rank
Progress
gundefined
Accepted Solution
Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? PS4

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Yes

Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? 2

Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Pod and Level

Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Random player

How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Just me

Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

When someone finally allows me to join after 15 minutes of people ignoring my request and timing out or refusing to let me join I get an invitation through the ps4 notification system which I accept and head back in, however once I'm back ingame it immediately says "failed to join game", I press ok, the game is still loading as if it's still asking the same player and then 10 seconds later i get the message saying my request timed out. Conversely when I am in a level and I receive a request from a random player to join I hit accept and it immediately says the player left.

If you send a friend request to a player and then have them join once you are friends with them it does work
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mch2010uk

43%
02 Rank
Progress
mch2010uk
Accepted Solution

This is exactly what is happening to me. Has been since the game came out, but you can join anyone who is on your friends list no problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gundefined

42%
02 Rank
Progress
gundefined
Accepted Solution
I want to also add that there is a second instance of problems that occurs but is more uncommon than what I already described in my first post. Sometimes when you're in your pod and are trying to join players, I get an actual loading screen after i choose "join us", after the quick load screen the message appears that says it's asking to join a random player as usual, if they accept my request I get another loading screen but then am kicked back to my pod with the message " failed to connect to players" with a zoomed out map in the distance with a yellow background. This zoomed out map remains on screen when I go to use the controller in my pod but fixes itself if I choose the adventure option in the play menu.

In this instance there is no invitation through the ps4 notification system
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

McToffin

31%
02 Rank
Progress
McToffin
Accepted Solution

1:Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4?

Playstation 4

2:Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?

Using the free trial, but will subscribe when it runs out.

3:Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

Type 2

4:Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?

Pod

5:Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?

Mostly random people. I have tried for hours to play with just one random person and haven't suceeded. Online multiplayer with strangers literally doesn't exist in this game. With friends it has worked fine so far.

6:How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

Just me.

7:Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

Where can I start? It's the same as LBP2 but twice as worse. First off, "unable to connect" to players causing the screen to flash white and you have to load up your pod and go back to the level. Secondly, every time you try and accept an invitation from a random player, it almost instantly says "failed to join game". Lastly, the connection timeout with the player is the most often error. I usually have to wait around 45 seconds for this message to pop up, and I can tell 10 seconds in that it will appear, but I can't do anything while waiting.

I truly hope this game will be playable in the near future.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlackedOutLT1

21%
02 Rank
Progress
BlackedOutLT1
Accepted Solution

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? PS4

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Yes

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Pod/level

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Random

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Me

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?Timed out. Unable to connect. Player is busy try again later. Refused to let join. So on and so on. This is pretty sad.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mirjanneke

90%
02 Rank
Progress
mirjanneke
Accepted Solution

Both

1. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?

yes

1. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

NAT type 2

1. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?

All of these

1. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?

friends, random players are impossible to join, loading a profile gives no issues

1. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

all numbers

some friends are easier to join than others

getting a third player is very hard

getting a fourth is almost impossible

1. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

failed to load profile

failed to join game

failed to load game state

failed to preload levelresources

even a combination of more happens frequently

On ps3 friends appear right away in start menu

On ps4 you have to wait before they pop up

If they are in level or on the moon, they usually don't show up at all

On ps3 we need to restart system to be able to join

When losing eachother not always easy to join again

failed to load profile and failed to preload level resources are the most common warning

On ps4 it often works like this:

The player who sees a friend , tries to join him

This will fail most of the time

But then the player will show in the other players menu, and often the other players will show too

Then that player tries to join

Often fails too

But after this joining is often successful

But leaving a level on your moon, or a published one, or trying to play one, often boots players back to pod

With notifications like :

game diverged

failed to preload level resources

etc

But onced joined, its easy to join again

For both consoles goes that joining in pod is the most successful way

And joining people that are not on your friendslist is a pain

Have a nice day ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StickmanDude

93%
04 Rank
Progress
StickmanDude
Accepted Solution

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? - PS3

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? - Yes

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? - Type 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? - All of these 

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? - Friends list

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? - I was on my own trying to join / be joined by my friend

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? - Yes every time

8. Which error message was displayed? - multiple, sorry I can't remember all of them... I do recognise all of these as errors I've seen:

*failed to load profile - mostly when trying to join friend in his pod

*failed to join game - various situations

*failed to preload levelresources - mostly when trying to join in create

The most persistent fail for us is when trying to join or invite to each other's pods just standing in them (not on the controller) - if we rarely do manage to join, then is incredibly laggy with sound from mics garbled so we can't understand each other - this can be fixed by the host entering their pod controller and navigating to an adventure map.  Once there things seem to improve.. if we then enter an empty level it is almost normal - after this if we go back to the pod things are much better.  However if either of us try to follow the other back to their pod the game is less likely to but still risks loosing connection to the friend.

If one or both of us are in create mode (empty level or full level) it will fail to join most times - and risk crashing the game / freezing the system for the person being joined.  Also once in a create level together we have to be extreemly careful - one wrong move and the game / system will freeze - plus very laggy once thermo is even 3rd to half full.  Also even if working 'ok' we have noticed textures and sackbots acting very strangly with my friend's and sackbot's skins disappearing and sackbots becomming garbled shapes.  The game acts very overloaded despite being well within thermo (don't think we've had it past 50% yet)

Last night he wanted to show me progress on a level and after many many attempts and system freezes, I finally got into the level with him but it was just too laggy and with garbled sackbots etc we finally gave up after 3 or 4 more freezes and being booted back to pod many times etc

So to end on something of a positive - going back to the way we try to fix the lag ... we found if inviting each other, there is a much higher success if we navigate first to an adventure map on the moon without entering any levels and then invite from the start menu - so far 50% success each time..

Hope this helps!  LBP3 has the potential to be a great next step in the series once the bugs are fixed!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mcjoshua

53%
02 Rank
Progress
mcjoshua
Accepted Solution
Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? Playstation 3

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?
Yes

Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? NAT type 2

Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Everywhere

Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Friend

How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Just me

Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

A player failed to load your profile, failed to load profile from mcjoshua, failed to load game state from mcjoshua, failed to load player, game diverged, failed to preload level resources.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brickhead_13

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Brickhead_13
Accepted Solution
When I try to join games and it says people are in the game I try to join and either I join and no one is in the game or I can't join and it says Cant Load Level
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ComicFrenzy44

28%
02 Rank
Progress
ComicFrenzy44
Accepted Solution
    PlayStation 4
    Yes
    Type 2
    Pod
    Join a random player
    None
  7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? Failed to join
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution
Hi ya

1. PS4

2. Yes I am a PS Plus subscriber

3. NAT Type 2

4. Located from pod via Adventure mode, any level

5. Trying to join a random player who is already within an adventure level. Join us!

6. Usually just me but I get the same response with 1 other person from my friends list.

7. When trying to join someone's game I get: "Your request to 'join xxxx' timed out" and I then get a game invite from them which does not work even though they are not on my friends list. I presume I also send them a game invite as someone messaged me asking why I invited them even though I didn't press any action to invite them. Just join.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hirollr69

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Hirollr69
Accepted Solution
1. Ps4 2. Yes 3. Type 2 4.pod tryING to join people in levels never works. Always get timeout message. 5.random 6. Own trying to join 7. No just get request timeout every time
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

methodactor

98%
05 Rank
Progress
methodactor
Accepted Solution

Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4?
PS4

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?
Yes

Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?
NAT 2

Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?
All of the above

Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?
Random

How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?
Just me

Same as everyone's. Unable to connect if I try to join someone else. When I try to accept a stranger into my game it tells me they have left. It also does the thing where I get an invite from the person I try to join. I can only connect to friends, like everyone else.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

owl54

24%
02 Rank
Progress
owl54
Accepted Solution

Hi There,

Here's my reply for the questions asked on the previous page.

1. PS4

2. Yes I have just joined PS4 so I can play LBP!

3. NAT type '2'

4. Located in the pod.

5. Trying to join a random game

6 Just myself trying to connect

7. Keeps saying that i've 'timed out'

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tyteskillz

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Tyteskillz
Accepted Solution

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? PS4

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Yes

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? Type 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Level

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Join a randum player

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? One

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? Timed out and failed to join game.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IamKillax

46%
02 Rank
Progress
IamKillax
Accepted Solution

1. PS4
  2. Playstation+
  3. NAT Type 2 (Wireless)
  4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? In a level (receiving 'Join us!' requests or in Pod sending 'Join us!' requests)
  5. When inviting people from the friend's list it works. But when using 'Join us!' I send the player I attempt to join a message telling them it isn't going to work and to add me as a friend so we can play together.
  6. It has always been solo as I do not wish to waste someone else's time because they might leave.
  7. When this happens it says failed to join game or timed out.

What I have noticed is when I send or receive a request by someone pressing triangle to allow the join, an invite is then sent through PSN. When this happens the 'loading...' continues to circle your target level. When you go and accept the invite it says "Failed to join" but the 'loading...' is still circling the target level as if it is still waiting for you to join them/accept the invite. I can actually go back into my invites and accept it twice before the 'loading...' times itself out. Every time you get a message saying request to join ___ has timed out. 

After several failed attempts to join people I get kicked back to my pod with the error message "Failed to connect to players."

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
BANDOLERO_CALLE1
Accepted Solution

I have PS4, Im in Plus, NAT TYPE 2, when i try to connect with other playes on every part of the game (community, pod) it say "failed to join game, or Failed to connect to players".  I never connected with others in my friend list or random.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrBendyStrawZz

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MrBendyStrawZz
Accepted Solution

ps4
    yes
    type 2
    pod
    load a profile on my console
    me and one friend
  7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? yes. "unable to load profile"
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel