80%
02 Rank
Progress

LittleBigPlanet 3 - Multiplayer Connection Issues

53 Replies 14,439 Views Created 14-01-2015
14 Jan 2015
By StevenI

Hello Everyone!

We have received a high number of reports that players are encountering multiplayer connection issues and since LittleBigPlanet thrives on its community interactivity, this is an issue that we're investigating as a high priority and would like to get resolved asap.

If you encounter any type of multiplayer connection issue, would you please take a moment to answer the following questions.

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4?

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

Many apologies for any inconvenience this issue is causing whilst you're playing LittleBigPlanet 3.

We will greatly appreciate any information that you're able to provide to help us to pinpoint if there is an underlying cause of these issues and get it resolved for everybody.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrBendyStrawZz

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MrBendyStrawZz
Accepted Solution

ps4
  2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?
    yes
  3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?
    type 2
  4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?
    pod
  5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?
    load a profile on my console
  6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?
    me and one friend
  7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? yes. "unable to load profile"
0 Kudos

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3 - Multiplayer Connection Issues

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sassbre

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Sassbre
Accepted Solution

Playstation 4

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?
Yes

Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?
Pod

Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?

Random players

How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?
As common as all above, request timed out, error server busy whole bunch of error messages same result not connecting to play online.

This is a major issue for a game thats major community happens to be online based with sharing made worlds. When you cant play online there is no reason to buy the game nor recommend to friends online, no reason to purchase character costumes, nobody to show them to, no point wasting your time in making and creating your own worlds only to show it you guessed it no one. IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS GAME ALREADY DON'T WASTE OF MONEY

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Resident Evil, GTA4, Lil Big Planet, Fifa09, Sacred 2 FTW!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

magnum_pierre

22%
02 Rank
Progress
magnum_pierre
Accepted Solution
Hi. I have had problems with joining another user unto the game. Seems the only way to do this is to have player 2 log in as a guest then log out and back in with their profile for it to work.
The main issue is that the second player (one who is player 2) cannot save items collected? As you can imagine this is making the game lame for this person with no rewards/progress.
I heard there was an patch update back in Dec 14
I have only just purchased it in march 15.
Any update on a fix for this? Thanks
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution
I would get a refund while you can to be honest
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kiestyle-Tolga

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Kiestyle-Tolga
Accepted Solution

I'm gonna sell this game if it keeps happening. It's been months and it's still not fixed. What a load of ____.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kiestyle-Tolga

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Kiestyle-Tolga
Accepted Solution

1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? Playstation 4

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Yes, but I'm considering never subscribing again because this game is basically the reason why I bought a ps4

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? Type 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Pod, level and create mode. All of them have the same issue.

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? I was trying to join a random player for example.

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? I was trying to join anyone, but I just can't

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? just the basic message: "Your request to join ___ timed out."
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
29%
02 Rank
Progress
TheGrimReaper001
Accepted Solution

Before I say anything else, I just wanna say that I like LBP3 and I love this franchise.

But this series is in dire need of some help!

I have multiplayer issues with LBP1, LBP2, LBP3 and LBP Vita and not once has it ever been stable.

I am using a cable and that doesn't help anything.

I may have turned a blind eye before but not anymore. I am paying for online so give me some stable online!

This is coming from someone who is a fan since the beginning. LBP Vita improved so much on LBP2 and I was hoping LBP3 would do the same. Unfortunately, you have messed up my favorite franchise =(

But I'll give you my info first so that if you decide to skip the rest, you at least have the essentials ( not that I'm expecting anything at this point really >_> )

- Playing on PS4

- PS Plus Subscriber

- NAT Type 2

- Everywhere I get connection issues

- Wheter I play with friends or strangers, always got connection issues. Local works fine

- 2 people in game

- No error messages

Now that I got that out of the way, let me explain why LBP3 is a dissapointment to me.

1)

The numerous bugs and glitches even after the patch. What happened here? This is by far the buggiest LBP game I played yet. My hubs don't even load unless I play the cutscene from the last hub AND play the next level. Only then do I see the level. Materials are dissapearing from my bag, textures fail to load multiple times, infinite load times, game crashes, glitches within the levels themselves and those are amplified when playing online, ... A technical mess to say the least =(

2)

Double hubs? Really? Why is there a level hub that connects to other levels? This slows the game down to a screeching halt just cause you have the first hub which works like any other LBP, then you go in the hub level, then find the level in the hub, then play the level. Why not just a badge and let me play the damn level?! Now I have to go through 3 loading screens for a single level to start. Which brings me to ...

3)

The load times are just insane from time to time. Driveclub loads 10 sec and I am playing. Uncharted loads ONCE and then never again. Killzone takes 15 sec to load. LBP can still take up to 40 sec to load a level.

4)

So you developers asked for that touchpad on the Dualshock 4. I figured, Tasier Studios will utilise it the best with LBP just as they did with the touch screen and back touch AND gyro sensor in LBP Vita. But nope, it's just used as a less accurate way to place stickers. Great.

5)

I could have forgiven point 4 if only you didn't have a PS3 version that this version is now chained to. The PS3 is weaker and thus you have to limit yourself and just make the game a bit nicer to look at on the PS4 rather than actually using the PS4 hardware for what it can do.

I'm only one consumer and you probably don't care, but at least I can say I tried. I can say I expressed what I feel about what is happening to my favorite franchise. I know it can be much better then what it is now, but if you don't, then I'm not even gonna bother with LBP4.

Please Tasier Studios, don't let it happen. You went from making the best LBP to the worst LBP. Show me that you at least care =(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution
As far as I am aware and I am no expert, I don't think they were the main devs on LBP3 so I am not sure they are to blame entirely.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet_3
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

carafa0123

48%
02 Rank
Progress
carafa0123
Accepted Solution

both

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?
yes

Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?

Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?
mostly create mode

Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?
trying to join someone from my friends list

How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game?

Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?
failed to preload level resources from "player" and a player failed to load your profile

Many apologies for any inconvenience this issue is causing whilst you're playing LittleBigPlanet 3.
idk

We will greatly appreciate any information that you're able to provide to help us to pinpoint if there is an underlying cause of these issues and get it resolved for everybody.
we need sumo to fix this bug

i had the exact same problem, when i was playing on the ps3 version, i was trying to join my friend ELGRINGO1300, i keep getting the message "failed to preload level resources from ELGRINGO1300" and just sends me back to the pod, sometimes I joined him without a problem, and it diverges mostly, this glitch annoys and ***** me off, i really hope this glitch gets patched by sumo, im willing to join ELGRINGO1300 easier.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kingstonj3

25%
02 Rank
Progress
kingstonj3
Accepted Solution
This is BS! 60 DOLLARS for this game and every time we try to connect the host denies us, the level is "over heated", or the most common" failed to preload level resources,
we are on a ps4
of course we are plus subscribers it's the only way it let's you online
Not type 2
in the community section
trying to join a random group of 5
error message failed to preload level resources, and level overheated
email me back at jg112179@gmail.com, with a fix PLEASE
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KittenInsanity

23%
02 Rank
Progress
KittenInsanity
Accepted Solution
  1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? Playstation 3

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Yes

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? I don't know...

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? I was in the Pod.

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? My friend tried to join, and then I tried joining her but it still said "failed to load level resources", although neither of us were in a level.

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Both my friend & I were the only ones in our pods.

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? Nothing appeared for me when she tried joining, but she messaged me and told me that the error message was "failed to load level resources".
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killerspy11

22%
02 Rank
Progress
killerspy11
Accepted Solution
Well, I just want to say, I have little big planet 3 for the PlayStation 4 and lately I've been having trouble joining friends, diving into to other player's parties, and sometimes I can't even host because of the connection or whatever. It's been really annoying. We need an update!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killerspy11

22%
02 Rank
Progress
killerspy11
Accepted Solution
Little big planet 3 is broken! I can't even meet new friends on it without lagging out
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

landonO_O

24%
02 Rank
Progress
landonO_O
Accepted Solution

Me and my buddies just bought little big planet on PS4. We start 3 of us in one persons pod, click community games. When we finish sever always disconnects. Doesn't matter who's pod or what nat type. We all Tried port forwarding all ps4s port numbers, that didn't work. We all tried turning off our firewalls and that didn't work. So we pretty much gave up on the game. The connection between players online is terrible. We all can play other games together and never disconnect. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CowManure

22%
02 Rank
Progress
CowManure
Accepted Solution

Ps4 pro

Psn subscribed

Nat type 2 

Pod

Friend

just me and him

Error no internet connection. But still in the chat party.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

assassincool4

23%
02 Rank
Progress
assassincool4
Accepted Solution

2 freaking years you guys never fix this problem at least make a new update on fixing multiplayer not some bum  costume update that no one gonna buy

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlueSheik

24%
02 Rank
Progress
BlueSheik
Accepted Solution

I'm a PSN subscriber playing on a PlayStation PS4 and I have never been able to go online since I Downloaded LBP3. It keeps saying a problem occurred attempting to connect to PSN. Please help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Big_wulf26

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Big_wulf26
Accepted Solution

PlayStation 4

yes 

pod

friends list

level overheat

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

El_Rafatchio93

22%
02 Rank
Progress
El_Rafatchio93
Accepted Solution
  1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? Playstation 4

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? Type 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Everywhere

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Join a Friend,I tried to invite him, but it did not work, he had the same error as me

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? in my game 0, but had 2 friends trying to join in my capsule

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?failed to connect to players

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
25%
02 Rank
Progress
EmeraldWarrior25
Accepted Solution
  1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4? PlayStation 4

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type? NAT Type 2

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode? Everywhere

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console? Friends List

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Alone

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed? "The game has diverged", " failed to preload resources from (player name)", "failed to load resources from EmeraldWarrior25 (That's my username!!!)" Idk how it fails to load my own game stats.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mInIbReeZeR

41%
02 Rank
Progress
mInIbReeZeR
Accepted Solution
  1. Are you playing on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4?   PS4

2. Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber?   Yes

3. Under your Network Settings, what is your NAT Type?  Dont´Know

4. Where were you located in the game? Pod/Level/Create Mode?  Pod

5. Were you trying to play with someone from your friends list, join a random player or load a profile on your console?   join a random player

6. How many people were currently in your own game, or trying to join the game? Only me

7. Were any error messages displayed to you at the time of the issue? Which error message was displayed?

Same as everyone else, Unable to connect if I try to join random player or timed out.

0 Kudos

mInIbReeZeR
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel