80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Play, Create & Share!

55 Replies 7,105 Views Created 23-11-2008
well isit working or not? have we got any update to when they wil lbe making this work?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution
What a vague post. Is what working? The game?
0 Kudos

Re: Play, Create & Share!

/16

SmallBoy17

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SmallBoy17
Accepted Solution
The score thing or the three circles?
0 Kudos

/16

lewboiii

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewboiii
Accepted Solution
the whole play creat share system, liek the beta, in the circles you see a number, then when pressing X on a person you can see more details on the play create share.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

lewboiii wrote:
the whole play creat share system, liek the beta, in the circles you see a number, then when pressing X on a person you can see more details on the play create share.

Oh yeah. I hadn't even noticed it was broken!

0 Kudos

/16

whereismax123

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
whereismax123
Accepted Solution
yer its broken allright
0 Kudos

Free Image Hosting

/16

Sam_Protagonist

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sam_Protagonist
Accepted Solution
It's not exactly broken, but it is deactivated at present.

Until we're happy with server performance we've switched off a few online features, Play Create Share scoring being one, in order to help the service to remain stable. The good news is that we're not far from reaching stability, so expect this to return soon. As soon as there's an exact date for its return I'll let you know.
0 Kudos

/16

lewboiii

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewboiii
Accepted Solution
nice one thanks for the info =D
0 Kudos

/16

kevo_ollie

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevo_ollie
Accepted Solution
I 100% finished all levels but will I have to do this again for Play points? Or does it only relate to online levels?
0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

>

Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

kevo_ollie wrote:
I 100% finished all levels but will I have to do this again for Play points? Or does it only relate to online levels?

Good question.

Sam?

(I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll have to do it again)

0 Kudos

/16

C-a-v-e-M-a-n

75%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
C-a-v-e-M-a-n
Accepted Solution

Sam_Protagonist wrote:

Until we're happy with server performance we've switched off a few online features, Play Create Share scoring being one, in order to help the service to remain stable. The good news is that we're not far from reaching stability, so expect this to return soon. As soon as there's an exact date for its return I'll let you know.

With all due respect and appreciation of all the issues - this is not good excuse anymore ... :( More than month after release of the game the one of core (visual) online features is still not active. Lot's of people already "finished" the game and are getting bored due to no visible progress in online and incapable search and cool levels systems. This is really killing the otherwise superb game.
0 Kudos

Trade, manage & discuss your EoJ cards at www.eojmanager.com
Beta Tester
/16

station6

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
station6
Accepted Solution

C-a-v-e-M-a-n wrote:

Sam_Protagonist wrote:

With all due respect and appreciation of all the issues - this is not good excuse anymore ... :( More than month after release of the game the one of core (visual) online features is still not active. Lot's of people already "finished" the game and are getting bored due to no visible progress in online and incapable search and cool levels systems. This is really killing the otherwise superb game.

I would disagree.
Are you telling me that you wouldn't want to play through this game again?

I don't believe it. I think they have every right to disable parts they feel may be detrimental to the playability of the game. If it had been active and kept falling over then people would still be complaining, at least this way the game will have more options soon.

I've played so many games that upon release have some little problem with them and you always hear the same cries of disappointment.

I for one am happy to wait and see what happens, I'd also have no qualms at all about replaying the whole game again. Reason: I look past the trophies and visible "XP" and play for fun with my friends.

Lots of people are getting bored? Lots of people aren't bored. Christmas is coming and I can guarantee that there will be a whole new influx of gamers coming in. By which time you'll have left? Or will you have created some really cool level that everyone raves about?

MM have created a masterpiece, just enjoy it

0 Kudos

/16

Snoochmarster

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snoochmarster
Accepted Solution
yeah but all being said it sucks big time if we have to start again. if they cant get it sorted from day 1 why should we be inconvenienced by having to replay the whole game? its all well and good you being okay with it but i'd bet there are ten times as many people who wont be and lose interest. what would you rather do? play and re-play again OR play, create & share???
0 Kudos

/16

LBL_s6

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LBL_s6
Accepted Solution

sounds like you've made your decision already, so don't play it.

Be thankful you've the choice. Having practically completed the game I get all my kit nicked from my flat so I am actually going to have to start again. I'm even designing levels on paper. The only frustrating thing is that I can't get online to play, create and share. 

I could play, create & share before without worrying about some numbers to say how much I'd done.

Of course there are other people with little patience, I didn't dispute that, but surely the game is good enough to play over and over again?

Create now, no one is stopping you. Share your levels by publishing them, again no one is stopping you. If you want the numbers when the online is fixed, just make sure you keep a back up copy and republish when it's fixed.

I find it saddening that such a great game is slated for the most trivial of things. Things that the game would still be great without them being there at all.

I cannot believe you were "inconvenienced" by playing this. Please, send me your copy I'll make good use of it if you don't want it.

s6

****** right I love this game!!!* 

0 Kudos

/16

Snoochmarster

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snoochmarster
Accepted Solution
yeah you totally understood that one. I love LittleBigPlanet i play it more than R2 and Motorstorm 2 i'm creating all the time. I just get fed up with servers not working properly
0 Kudos

/16

thaiboy77

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thaiboy77
Accepted Solution
I completely agree with Station, will said mate ;)
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Follow me on twitter

Curiousonion - for all you gaming gabble
/16

baileyguy1

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
baileyguy1
Accepted Solution
I would have to say, that while most people are like LBL_s6 and dont really care about the play create share aspect of the game, I see the other side. I love LBP and have thouroughly enjoyed it. I would not mind playing it again and again, and frankly I really dont care about the numbers to much. Although it would make it easier to see how many community levels I have played to see how close I am to the trophy. What bothers me is the same as stated before. We are more than a month past the launch date, they are already "selling" me more things to buy when the original $60 game I payed for is not fully functional. All that does is hurt them. There are a lot of good games that come out, but due to the inablility to fix minor problems they get bad reviews, or have people complain and it can kill the game. The last update for LBP with new search features, adding the star system are great! But they still need some of the very basic features online before I want to spend more money on a game that doesnt have all its features yet. I love the game, but I have been fairly disapointed with the rollout process.
0 Kudos

/16
77%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
VAMPIRE_HUNTER_J
Accepted Solution

shouldnt a game be working when you buy it?

0 Kudos

Quitters never win, Winners never Quit

/16

kjb1994

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kjb1994
Accepted Solution
littlebigplannet= ages 3-10 grow up and play a big boy game like dead space
0 Kudos

/16

LBL_s6

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LBL_s6
Accepted Solution

kjb1994 wrote:
littlebigplannet= ages 3-10 grow up and play a big boy game like dead space

planet is spelt with only one "n"
which age group do you fall into as a "big boy"? 

0 Kudos

/16

lewboiii

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewboiii
Accepted Solution