14 May 2012
By: jaytmek

1 Posts

Unlocking items in Little Big Planet 2/Shortcut pack?

11 Replies 4,896 Views Created 14-05-2012

Hi,

I bought LBP2 for the ability to create levels, as did (I would imagine) 90% of the other people who bought it.

It really bugs me that I don't have access to certain items, stickers and costumes because I have no iterest in acing every level in single player.

Does any one know if there is already/are any plans to release some kind of "give me all items" DLC, sort of like the BF3 shortcut pack? I really don't have the patience to faff around completing what is, to be completely honest, a pretty crappy single player campaign in order to unlock the items.

I didn't buy the game for the single player campaign. I have reluctantly completed all of the levels, but there is still a lot of stuff to be unlocked by playing through all of the levels/acing them.

I don't see why, after I have completed all of the levels, it doesn't just unlock the stuff I missed on the way through?

I don't see why I shouldn't be granted access to things because I don't want to mess around on a single player campaign which really doesn't interest me.

I don't think I'm the only person who would be interested in paying a few pounds to unlock the items from the single player campaign to save the annoyance of playing through the levels. Maybe something to think about MM?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (4,896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Unlocking items in Little Big Planet 2/Shortcut pack?

Hi, and to answer your question, Little Big Planet's moto is PLAY, Create, Share. so to be able to create, you have the challenge of playing first. The game would be too easy and yawn-enducing over time without the challenge of completing story mode to get what you want. The best way is to get some friends who know how to easily ace and collect all the items in story mode. Heres the best tip: TIME & PRACTICE. If you need, I can help with the items part of story mode. I am terrible at acing, so just the items I can help with.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (4,885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Here's a bit of a Doubleyou Tee Eff for you to think about. Half of the Stickers, Items and materials that people use, are not in LBP2. The majority of them either come from DLC packs, or LBP1. Lbp1 has a lot of unique materials and stickers, that LBP2 has the data for, but it does not just give it to you. You have had to of earned it in LBP1 by, again, playing the story mode.

Just food for thought. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (4,881 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Hey, Is Thier Anyway I Can Get Story Mode Objects From LBP 1 to LBP2 without resetting lbp2?
ive completed lbp 1 to 100% and i only have a few objects and i had to re collect all my dlc objects too :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (4,826 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You are never going to see a pack that does that for you, and it will sicken me to see one of those packs. That will just ruin the whole adventure of the game and earning your materials to build levels. That's just silly when game have packs that unlock everything.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (4,824 Views)
0 Kudos

If you didn't have to reformat your PS3, you can import your LBP1 objects by going through the settings in your pod in LBP2. start/ profile/ import items from LBP. If you had to reformat then you may be out of luck (like me).

p.s. if anyone knows how to get game content back after reformatting, your help would be greatly appreciated. And no, I did not have a back up. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (4,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I think it would be a great idea to have an unlock everything key for LBP: Karting, they had one on Modnation Racers and A LOT of creators purchased it because they couldn't be bothered with the single player mode. Personally, I played through it all and painstakingly unlocked everything the right way, but LBP is more of a pain than MNR, having to ace each and every level to get some crappy stickers is a bit of a joke tbh, it would make perfect sense to have this available early on in LBP: K's life because I KNOW a lot of my friends who are eagerly anticipating that game will not be wanting to unlock all of the items playing through story mode, it just doesn't interest them.

So MM/UFG, listen and take heed and maximise your revenues and player interest early on, unlock codes for those that want them, EASY MONEY!

(And with the amount of milking DLC MM  release on a weekly basis you'd have thought an unlock all key would have been a given for LBP2 as well!)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (4,664 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Acing the levels are fun and give great rewards. like the Curator costume for acing the last level of each curator. No they shouldnt be a key, because we would have creators just adding random material and calling it a level, because they dont reliease how the material can be used

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (4,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hey could you guys play my level, Extreme Assault Course. I spent a lot of time on it :smileyhappy:
http://lbp.me/v/cx33qb

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (4,653 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Soul_Survivor04 wrote:

Hey could you guys play my level, Extreme Assault Course. I spent a lot of time on it :smileyhappy:
http://lbp.me/v/cx33qb

If you didnt post in every thread i would have queued it, As you have spammed the forum with advertistments NO i will not play it. Post in one thread not all of them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (4,647 Views)
0 Kudos