Reply
21 Jul 2011
By Sonic42
Member
Playstation Staff

Why is it so difficult to get plays?

20 Replies 217 Views Created 21-07-2011

I work hard to produce quality content for the community. I don't republish copyable levels. I don't throw 2 blocks of sponge and a entrance together and call it a level. I don't spend 10 minutes on a bomb survival or a zombie attack level. I spend hours creating unique and entertaining creations. I work hard to advertise my level throught a number of outlets. Yet I watch my levels fail, time and time again.

 

What am I doing wrong?? Why can't I get more than 3 plays while levels created in no more than 15 minutes get thousands every day?

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

I always had a plan to do a little experiment, but I have yet to publish a level that I think would make it worthwhile.

 

My plan was to publish a level, and see how many plays it got in a couple of weeks.

 

Then I would dedicate a day or two to playing as many community levels as possible and leave constructive feedback on every level. But never to ask people to play my level.

 

My theory is that one of the best ways to get plays is to play other people's levels. I reckon loads of people reciprocate.

 

Fancy trying my experiment?

-------
Message 2 of 21 (210 Views)
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

Make an add in other levels, comment section. like, Play my level?

Check out my YouTube PS Vita channel! www.youtube.com/user/PSVITAGAMINGUNITE :smileyhappy:
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?


Nazar_Ops wrote:

Make an add in other levels, comment section. like, Play my level?



Done it. Many times.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

[ Edited ]

Contiune, well i wouldnt recommend maybe it becuse people can get mad becuse u write on every level "play my level" and starting to hate.

 

Advert on other LBP sites maybe? Like LBPcentral, has alot of people, that can play your level. Try there.

Check out my YouTube PS Vita channel! www.youtube.com/user/PSVITAGAMINGUNITE :smileyhappy:
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

Also try making a theme level, like sonic the hedgehog, donkey Kong, street fighter, etc

 

I got a level named Sacksettlement and it's a place where people can post their LL. I got a few people walking through Sacksettlement and if they see your level they might try it. Also I'll play your level for you.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?


Nazar_Ops wrote:

Contiune, well i wouldnt recommend maybe it becuse people can get mad becuse u write on every level "play my level" and starting to hate.

 

Advert on other LBP sites maybe? Like LBPcentral, has alot of people, that can play your level. Try there.


 

I don't do that, I comment on levels made for advertisment as well as submit my level for display.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

[ Edited ]

Chaos_Martin wrote:

Also try making a theme level, like sonic the hedgehog, donkey Kong, street fighter, etc

 

I got a level named Sacksettlement and it's a place where people can post their LL. I got a few people walking through Sacksettlement and if they see your level they might try it. Also I'll play your level for you.



Queue'd.

 

EDIT: Sign-in is still offline, so... not queue'd. But I will queue it. Later.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?


QuietlyWrong wrote:

I always had a plan to do a little experiment, but I have yet to publish a level that I think would make it worthwhile.

 

My plan was to publish a level, and see how many plays it got in a couple of weeks.

 

Then I would dedicate a day or two to playing as many community levels as possible and leave constructive feedback on every level. But never to ask people to play my level.

 

My theory is that one of the best ways to get plays is to play other people's levels. I reckon loads of people reciprocate.

 

Fancy trying my experiment?


 

Sure, I'll try it.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is it so difficult to get plays?

[ Edited ]

Sonic42 wrote:

Chaos_Martin wrote:

Also try making a theme level, like sonic the hedgehog, donkey Kong, street fighter, etc

 

I got a level named Sacksettlement and it's a place where people can post their LL. I got a few people walking through Sacksettlement and if they see your level they might try it. Also I'll play your level for you.



Queue'd.

 

EDIT: Sign-in is still offline, so... not queue'd. But I will queue it. Later.


 

Ah, yes, I fully support Sack Settlement, you should definitely join it if you get the opportunity! :smileyvery-happy:

And because I'm such a lovely person, Sonic42, Ive queued your levels :smileyhappy:




Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos