Reply
16 Oct 2008

Member

Playstation Staff

very urgent about little big planet lbp

299 Replies 46,002 Views Created 16-10-2008
To: Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule

While playing your latest game, "LittleBigPlanet" in the first level of the third world in the game (titled "Swinging Safari"), I have noticed something strange in the lyrics of the music track of the level. When I listened carefully, I was surprised to hear some very familiar Arabic words from the Quran. You can listen to part of the track here:

mt14.quickshareit.com/share/p...lip22503c0.wav


The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').


I asked many of my friends online and offline and they heard the exact same thing that I heard easily when I played that part of the track. Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums are already discussing this, so we decided to take action by emailing you before this spreads to mainstream attention.

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.

We would also like to mention that this isn't the first time something like this happened in videogames. Nintendo's 1998 hit "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" contained a musical track with islamic phrases, but it was removed in later shipments of the game after Nintendo was contacted by Muslim organizations. Last year, Capcom's "Zack & Wiki" and Activision's "Call of Duty 4" also contained objectionable material offensive to Muslims that was spotted before the release of the final games, and both companies thankfully removed the content.

We hope you act immediately to avoid any confusion and unnecessary controversy, and we thank you for making such an amazing game.

Regards,
yasser
psn id : solid08
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 300 (46,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

Oh no - this is really bad ... :smileysad:

I hope it get's sorted out soon - but there is no chance they'll replace all the copies already shipped out so the only chance would be a prompt patch (probably together with Online create update).

You might want to pm MusterMuster as well to bring this to his attention or even better post directly a MM forum ... :smileywink:
_____________________________________________________________________________

Trade, manage & discuss your EoJ cards at www.eojmanager.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 300 (45,975 Views)
0 Kudos
Member
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

thanks for your good feels ,

 

you know we are muslims gamer waiting for this game since the time they announce it , we was shocked when we see this chapter , we hope they can understand our feels like you

 

thanks again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 300 (45,970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

[ Edited ]

The song is Tapha Niang by Toumani Diabate's Symmetrical Orchestra.

 

He's from Mali.

 

I can't find the lyrics on-line though.

 

Best e-mail them: hello@mediamolecule.com

 

 

Message Edited by D1tchd1gger on 16-10-2008 09:14 AM
Message Edited by D1tchd1gger on 16-10-2008 09:25 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 300 (45,959 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

[ Edited ]
This is a genuine question, I don't mean to sound ignorant: Why is it offensive? Surely it's just words in a song? Having said that, the translation does sound a little sinister for a game like LBP! :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by Chimpanzee on 16-10-2008 09:27 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 300 (45,944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp


Chimpanzee wrote:
This is a genuine question, I don't mean to sound ignorant: Why is it offensive?

 


solid_08 wrote:


We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.


 

 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 300 (45,935 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp


D1tchd1gger wrote:

Chimpanzee wrote:
This is a genuine question, I don't mean to sound ignorant: Why is it offensive?

 


solid_08 wrote:


We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.


 

 


Yes, but i'm asking why it's offensive?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 300 (45,921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp


Chimpanzee wrote:

D1tchd1gger wrote:

Chimpanzee wrote:
This is a genuine question, I don't mean to sound ignorant: Why is it offensive?

 


solid_08 wrote:


We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.


 

 


Yes, but i'm asking why it's offensive?


I have no doubt that it is. I'm basically just interested to know why.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 300 (45,904 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

as said on the other thread about this

this thread should be stoped and dealth with sony direct

and not on a public forum 





Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 300 (45,887 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: very urgent about little big planet lbp

This is really bad! MM should sort this out, but the games already gone gold. If they NEED to change this, they'll have to delay the game.
PSN/Gamertag - Ipswich772
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 300 (45,882 Views)
0 Kudos