Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: 3 things you would change about MAG?

The_Shuffle wrote:

We also need a different scoring system I feel. I know there are Frago bonuses, but maybe if people who think it's COD only get 2 or 3 points for a kill that is nowhere near their objective, they might stop and realise this is a team game. Wishful thinking though I believe, too many of these numpties on the game already and it's only in beta.

Yes its a pain when not everybody is by the designated objective!!!

But at times its justified!!!!

I played today & Raven were charging up to the gates in a APC & dismounting  a few were running through the gaps in the walls & going deep into the base area to destroy mortars & road blocks with impunity pretty much!!!!!!!

Our FRAGO was on the bunker but I followed the enemy best I could deactivating bombs & picking them off 1 by 1 so why by your reasoning should I get less points for a kill when i'm doing as an important job as the bunker defenders!!?

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

saberdragon wrote:

The_Shuffle wrote:

We also need a different scoring system I feel. I know there are Frago bonuses, but maybe if people who think it's COD only get 2 or 3 points for a kill that is nowhere near their objective, they might stop and realise this is a team game. Wishful thinking though I believe, too many of these numpties on the game already and it's only in beta.

Yes its a pain when not everybody is by the designated objective!!!

But at times its justified!!!!

I played today & Raven were charging up to the gates in a APC & dismounting  a few were running through the gaps in the walls & going deep into the base area to destroy mortars & road blocks with impunity pretty much!!!!!!!

Our FRAGO was on the bunker but I followed the enemy best I could deactivating bombs & picking them off 1 by 1 so why by your reasoning should I get less points for a kill when i'm doing as an important job as the bunker defenders!!?

I mainly meant Sabotage. When C is unlocked, you have no business going to A & B. Players who do that should be punishable by death.

I don't know what the coding can do, maybe somebody who has been near the Frago would give you points, but if you kill somebody who is nowhere near any objectives and never has been, you get no rewards for it. In fact, I would implement either a BF1943 system for spawn killing where you get no points for it. When we get battered in acquisition and then 3 or 4 of the fools think it will be a good idea to camp out the room you spawn in I would make them get minus points.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33 (344 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

saberdragon's post: 184 is one of the best i've seen, setting a frago vor alpha and letting bravo cover them is briliant, but bravo should be equaly rewarded, thats quite the chalange for zipper, i mean how does a game reward usefull behaviour (our bravoury)??? I'm afraid the xp/frago system wil never be finished, i'd like to see it as a system wich allready excists in the army. i.e. you start as private (with dodgy gear) and as you progress in the game and teamleaders see you do a good job they'll recommend you for promotion (as in reallive, with a better loadout & more responsabilety and options etc.) But theres a big flaw in this idea, people could abuse this system putting friends/clanmembers up for promotion first (once again -but this time i dont like it- just as in real live) I'd love to see it work propper, tho. zipper did a good job. Still i'd like to try a realistic warsim on the ps3, i'm afraid it would take the power of 46 ps3's to handle such game so untill that day comes (if i'll get old anough) i'm happy with mag. A few problems have to be tackled and we got a good game, certainly compared to others. Greetings stano666 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33 (330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

1. Custom button configuration and sensitivity options.

(And there is a way to mute your squad, you hold down right on the D-pad and press R2 or L2.)

2. I hate when you're crouched and you sprint, you return to your crouched position, and also you can't sprint from prone, it takes too long to press triangle then sprint by which time if there was an enemy just out of knifing distance who was shooting at you you'll be dead just as you press L3 to sprint.

3. There's a delay when you call in orders or request back-up, it takes too long to be able to shoot after you call for back-up or give your squad a new objective using the down button.

Other things I'd like to see fixed a bit, there's nothing more frustrating than spawning, running out of your base and getting hit by an airstrike and then having to wait for the wave spawn. And I found that you can spend a lot of the time in the game just running towards the action and then when you get near enough you get killed by one of those snipers who got the most powerful rifle that's a one-hit kill, which just ruins it for me really.

And when changing spawn location it takes a few seconds for it to be switched, in which time if you're waiting to respawn you can miss the spawn and have to wait 19 more seconds for it. 

And when you're the squad or platoon leader and using Select to call something in, certain idiotic teammates like to shoot you cause they think you're doing nothing. I've been killed a few times when giving orders and calling stuff in by teammates.

And as for the poster who complained about players not being at the objective, I tend to sneak behind enemy lines in games like Acquisition to take out their back lines like their Triple A, Motor pools and their Mortar Batteries. If you take out the triple A then the platoon leader can call in a precision strike on a bunker and take it out straight away while the squad leaders can call in bombers to damage the turret on top and kill enemies around it allowing the team to move in. And without their Mortar battery they can't call in artillery strikes.

It's a more effective strategy than getting everyone to rush in all guns blazing to an inevitable death. So why penalise players who take a more tactical approach?

Message Edited by Ba-Stard on 31-10-2009 10:30 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33 (329 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Ba-Stard wrote:

And as for the poster who complained about players not being at the objective, I tend to sneak behind enemy lines in games like Acquisition to take out their back lines like their Triple A, Motor pools and their Mortar Batteries. If you take out the triple A then the platoon leader can call in a precision strike on a bunker and take it out straight away while the squad leaders can call in bombers to damage the turret on top and kill enemies around it allowing the team to move in. And without their Mortar battery they can't call in artillery strikes.

It's a more effective strategy than getting everyone to rush in all guns blazing to an inevitable death. So why penalise players who take a more tactical approach?

Its a strategy we will see more & more once this hits the shelfs next year & ppl start to make large platoon size clans.....

Its a game to make you think of tactics for offensive & defensive  actions..

Defenders really do have to start thinking about placing claymores near there mortars & the such rather than just LOADS & LOADS of fire power.....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ba-Stard wrote:

(And there is a way to mute your squad, you hold down right on the D-pad and press R2 or L2.)

2. I hate when you're crouched and you sprint, you return to your crouched position, and also you can't sprint from prone, it takes too long to press triangle then sprint by which time if there was an enemy just out of knifing distance who was shooting at you you'll be dead just as you press L3 to sprint.

3. There's a delay when you call in orders or request back-up, it takes too long to be able to shoot after you call for back-up or give your squad a new objective using the down button.

Other things I'd like to see fixed a bit, there's nothing more frustrating than spawning, running out of your base and getting hit by an airstrike and then having to wait for the wave spawn. And I found that you can spend a lot of the time in the game just running towards the action and then when you get near enough you get killed by one of those snipers who got the most powerful rifle that's a one-hit kill, which just ruins it for me really.

And when changing spawn location it takes a few seconds for it to be switched, in which time if you're waiting to respawn you can miss the spawn and have to wait 19 more seconds for it. 

And when you're the squad or platoon leader and using Select to call something in, certain idiotic teammates like to shoot you cause they think you're doing nothing. I've been killed a few times when giving orders and calling stuff in by teammates.

As I said, it's mainly for Sabotage. If you are defending, there is nothing to blow up, so why would you waste time over at A or B when it is permanently locked?

Yes, you can mute your whole squad or block people, but that is stupid. If I'm squad leader and I have an idiot squad leader playing his gangster rap and another squad leader who is helpful and working with me, I either have to listen to that rubbish or mute the whole channel and not hear what the useful person is saying.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The_Shuffle wrote:

Ba-Stard wrote:

As I said, it's mainly for Sabotage. If you are defending, there is nothing to blow up, so why would you waste time over at A or B when it is permanently locked?

Yes, you can mute your whole squad or block people, but that is stupid. If I'm squad leader and I have an idiot squad leader playing his gangster rap and another squad leader who is helpful and working with me, I either have to listen to that rubbish or mute the whole channel and not hear what the useful person is saying.

I found that as a defender when A and B are locked and the enemy is going to C, if you and a couple of teammates move over to A or B and then go to where they're paratrooping in then you can take out their reinforcements allowing the rest of your team at C to have it easier. Also in the Valor Sabotage level snipers can paratroop onto some of the roofs and take out teammates in the building where C is.
If the enemy can't get to the target then they won't be able to blow it up, but if everyone is at the target then it's only a matter of time till someone breaks through. Enough grenades and enough poison gas and you'll have no other choice but to get out. 
But if you're talking about teammates that just avoid the action completely then yeah there's a problem... But if you win a match you only get 5-50 points, you get more if it's a bigger game or if you absolutely floor the enemy. That's not really enough points to lock off areas in a battle for. If you have enough people outside of C holding it off then the enemy will have to go around and try to flank, they're have to go though A or B to do that. On the Raven Sabotage level snipers usually go to some of the towers and snipe your team from behind as they parachute in. More points for the Raven team, less enemies that can get to C.
It'd only be a problem if you had half a squad at A or B and doing nothing. And often C and its surrounding area is just bombarded with grenades, some people are just sick of running in and getting killed straight away.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33 (311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

a limit on how many times mortor strikes ect can be used per leaders but changing leaders won't give you more if they do this
Mag Beta KZ3 Beta Modnation Beta
My grammar is poop you don't need to tell me YAWNS!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33 (304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ba-Stard wrote:

The_Shuffle wrote:

Ba-Stard wrote:

I found that as a defender when A and B are locked and the enemy is going to C, if you and a couple of teammates move over to A or B and then go to where they're paratrooping in then you can take out their reinforcements allowing the rest of your team at C to have it easier. Also in the Valor Sabotage level snipers can paratroop onto some of the roofs and take out teammates in the building where C is.
If the enemy can't get to the target then they won't be able to blow it up, but if everyone is at the target then it's only a matter of time till someone breaks through. Enough grenades and enough poison gas and you'll have no other choice but to get out. 
But if you're talking about teammates that just avoid the action completely then yeah there's a problem... But if you win a match you only get 5-50 points, you get more if it's a bigger game or if you absolutely floor the enemy. That's not really enough points to lock off areas in a battle for. If you have enough people outside of C holding it off then the enemy will have to go around and try to flank, they're have to go though A or B to do that. On the Raven Sabotage level snipers usually go to some of the towers and snipe your team from behind as they parachute in. More points for the Raven team, less enemies that can get to C.
It'd only be a problem if you had half a squad at A or B and doing nothing. And often C and its surrounding area is just bombarded with grenades, some people are just sick of running in and getting killed straight away.

I see your point, but there aren't enough snipers to take out the never ending onslaught. A good sniper can get themselves a decent amount of kills, but in the end it doesn't make a difference. The action is and always will be at C. You may snipe one person, but there are already another 5 coming up that staircase to get C, lobbing grenades as they go, and sniping won't make a blind bit of difference to it.

I am fed up of pressing the select button and seeing all these blue dots over at zones that are irrelevant, only at the end of the game to hear some moron say how he got 20 kills and 3 deaths and the rest of us were rubbish for losing the game for him. If he had stopped playing like this was COD, got himself over to C and helped with the rest of us, maybe we would have won and then he'd have his precious bonus points.

The big problem this game is going to have is the players. People, at least based on the beta, don't care about the team, they all just want good KDR's. On a FPS, especially one that has upto 256 players, you CAN'T worry about your flaming KDR. The leadership system most definitely needs a revamp. It is only destined to fail. Every battle we will be led by a selfish fool who doesn't have a clue what he's doing. The system needs to look at everybody who has applied for the role and randomise it, not select whoever has the most XP. At the moment, I am level 40 and I know what I am doing when I'm leading, but 99 times out of 100 if I choose to be leader I get it. Now if I didn't know what I was doing, but still had the same level of XP, I would be leader every time still. That obviously is wrong. I have the 350 leadership points to be OIC, I can't get anymore, but I find myself still selecting squad leader because if I don't, we always get led by somebody who doesn't even set a frago.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

MAP BUILDING!

The ability to change the bunker, antiair, satdish, motor pools, motars, etc. positions so that an enemy has to try and find where the vehicles to steal are at.

Variety is the spice of life.

Oh and three more things those being more weapons, more weapons and more weapons and one final thing...........more weapons please.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33 (271 Views)
0 Kudos