MAG

03 Mar 2010
By: pauldoo

1 Posts

Assault Rifles: "Reflex Sight" vs "4x Optical Scope"

9 Replies 1359 Views Created 03-03-2010

Hi,

What do people prefer between the "Reflex Sight" and the "4x Optical Scope" for Assault Rifles?

According to the descriptions the reflex sight has some sort of autoaim, and the optical scope has better magnification..  It's not obvious which is more helpful.

http://mag.wikia.com/wiki/Reflex_Sight

http://mag.wikia.com/wiki/4x_scope

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1,359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Assault Rifles: "Reflex Sight" vs "4x Optical Scope"

I always preferred the 4x optical sight, but that due to me always engaging at relatively high medium ranges. Now I'm using the SMG with a reflex (SMG's don't have 4x) and it works fine, but I instantly get that feeling "i'm definitely not in the range" when I check out the enemy through the scope. 

AS's can handle the range, so why not use them at that range. The only reason I see fit NOT to use 4x is that you need the cc for something else in the loadout. If you can fit it....use 4x. That's my motto.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Reflex as it is a good allrounder, and in MAG thats something you need one minute you could be sniping hordes of advancing enemies the next you're face to face in a crowded room. the reflex can do nearly all ranges aslong as you've got a sharp eye and a big tv. That being said the SCAR HW with 4x is a very serious weapon.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The reflex sight is good for closer - medium range. It was pretty good at sniping too but since the patch thats changed. I used the 4x scope so I can snipe snipers and when people get up close I can fire from the hip. Since the latest patch Assault Rifles with a 4x scope + upgrades are the best weapons now.

(how long until they get nerfed? eh.. sooner or later someones gonna bitch about them)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well AS are good now, but they lack the good attributes that the other weapons have. So I think they are quite balanced. While attacking AS are perfect, but when defending you usually run out of clips. LMG's are better for defense because you just know that there are a lot people coming your way. 

At the moment I'm noticing that when it comes to short/medium range...the SMG's are really good. It's easy to get headshots and you have time to hone in your aim while still firing at the enemy.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (1,260 Views)
0 Kudos

Personaly I prefer the reflex scope over the optical, reason being the optical blocks ya view. And you can still get some really good long range kills with reflex scope, if you got good control. Me personaly, Im finding it alot more difficult thou since the patch keeping the recoil under control when fireing at a target at a very long distance, than i did  B4 the patch. Before the patch with my AG-94-Steady Aim+Improved Stability+Foregrip taking long range shots was so easy cross-airs just seemed to stay stationary on my target, now even with just a few light bursts u gota qwickly line ya cross-airs up again. Dont get me wrong this is how it should be, glad they did kinda nerfed the way we could just kinda snipe targets with are Medium Range weapon

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1,227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I prefer the 4X , although i havent really tried the reflex for long periods to compare, since i thought it was a like for like upgrade , doh :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

But i'll have a go tonight to check out the diference.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1,213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

the 4x scope can be good fo getting people coming fro a while off but means you effectively cant aim at short range and have to rely on firing from the hip, this is why i now use the reflex, as i can still get peopl up to medium range and can also aim in close combat
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

SilentShadow777 wrote:
the 4x scope can be good fo getting people coming fro a while off but means you effectively cant aim at short range and have to rely on firing from the hip, this is why i now use the reflex, as i can still get peopl up to medium range and can also aim in close combat

Thanks for that, im new at FPS but just that little bit of info is quite invaluable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

no probs glad to be of some help help
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos