80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

For MAG 2!

44 Replies 2,913 Views Created 25-04-2012

Well i mustn't remind you that zipper interactive is now out, but the MAG ip is sony propriety, so i ask you to leave your ID in list, like a petition for to see the sony that MAG are a big title e more player want a seguel.
I want open a thread in all psn forums in the world and compiling a unique list for sony.

Help us for help you!

ID...

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

sandystrachan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sandystrachan
Accepted Solution

marcd23 wrote:

I think the answer to MAG2 is going to be Dust514!

There is no knowing how many players there going to be able to have in a game.

I remember them saying that a small map is a few miles wide, thats pretty big!

1. Dust514 is small battles MAG is large battles .

2.Remember what happened with freerealms, DCUO & MAG demo , all free2play but needs real $'s to progress further .

The idea didnt work same going to happen to Dust514 .

The size of maps to amount of players is wrong , you could and do spawn at the wrong end .

Look & some videos or get in the beta itll change your mind .

I have full access not just a weekend pass that has expiration date , I hardly play Dust mainly cause its just not MAG and feels generic and basic .

0 Kudos

Re: For MAG 2!

/16

marcd23

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
marcd23
Accepted Solution

sandystrachan wrote:

marcd23 wrote:

I think the answer to MAG2 is going to be Dust514!

There is no knowing how many players there going to be able to have in a game.

I remember them saying that a small map is a few miles wide, that's pretty big!

1. Dust514 is small battles MAG is large battles .

Remember what happened with freerealms, DCUO & MAG demo , all free2play but needs real $'s to progress further .

The idea didn't work same going to happen to Dust514 .

The size of maps to amount of players is wrong , you could and do spawn at the wrong end .

Look & some videos or get in the beta itll change your mind .

I have full access not just a weekend pass that has expiration date , I hardly play Dust mainly cause its just not MAG and feels generic and basic .

There is no way Dust is going to be small battles, the smallest map is about the size of the Domination maps.

Also, you have got to remember that its connected to EVE, a server that holds thousands of players at once.

And Dust don't actually require real money to progress, everything you can buy for real money is pretty much the same as the stuff you can buy with the in-game currency, ISK.

Dust is only in the Beta stages, and I pretty much would bet it will hold more than MAG.

I was a MAG player through and through when it first came out. I clocked up well over 200 hours and a KDR of 2.57.

But for me, Dust IS the next large scale shooter, and will be around for a long time!

0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

marcd23 wrote:

But for me, Dust IS the next large scale shooter, and will be around for a long time!

I think i'll hold off on getting excited about Dust & how good it could be!!!!

If its got fighter style aircraft as was suggested its just going to tempt the Warhawk/Starhawk pilots to come play it & then it'll just spiral into die spawn die spawn.....

These players turned there last two games into  domination from the sky!!!

So i'll hold off till its out for a little while before I even consider it..

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

megittin

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
megittin
Accepted Solution

lllupos wrote:

Well i mustn't remind you that zipper interactive is now out, but the MAG ip is sony propriety, so i ask you to leave your ID in list, like a petition for to see the sony that MAG are a big title e more player want a seguel.
I want open a thread in all psn forums in the world and compiling a unique list for sony.

Help us for help you!

ID...

lllupos wrote:

Help us for help you!

ID...

0 Kudos

come on sony i loved mag carnt you just make mag 2 for us.

/16

ryface46

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryface46
Accepted Solution
This is MAG not MW not BF we don't need a MAG 2 3 or 4 MAG stands for Massive Action Game so we need more of it maybe in DLC format like a new PMC out of Africa new maps to attack and defend more weapon more features on characters just more of things keep adding if zipper would of pulled there head out of their asses and see that they made a bad ass game here and just stayed on MAG zipper might still be around

/16

sandystrachan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sandystrachan
Accepted Solution

ryface46 wrote:
This is MAG not MW not BF we don't need a MAG 2 3 or 4 MAG stands for Massive Action Game so we need more of it maybe in DLC format like a new PMC out of Africa new maps to attack and defend more weapon more features on characters just more of things keep adding if zipper would of pulled there head out of their asses and see that they made a bad ass game here and just stayed on MAG zipper might still be around

You are stupid if you really think that . 

0 Kudos

/16

ryface46

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryface46
Accepted Solution
That's why i said might. And what's wrong being stupid?
0 Kudos

/16

RoboAddy

80%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RoboAddy
Accepted Solution

MAG was a strange beast. Even though there was a decent amount of players, the majority of CO players have no idea what they're doing because I think you really needed to listen to the Zipline podcasts to get a full grasp of how to play the game.

I know there was plenty of developer support, but such an ambitious game needs proper marketing and a full-fledged training mode that fully details the intricacies of what to repair when and how, who you should be covering, when to provide suppressing fire and a proper explanation of CO roles.

I think a lot of people just got frustrated with the game and moved on to either (the short-lived) SOCOM 4 or (dare I say it) Killzone/Call of Duty

I still pop it in time-to-time, but there's only so much fun you can have with sabo.

Overall, what I'm saying is, the idea of a MAG 2 is plausible, but maybe as a spinoff of a different IP and with better training modes?

0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

RoboAddy wrote:

MAG was a strange beast. Even though there was a decent amount of players, the majority of CO players have no idea what they're doing because I think you really needed to listen to the Zipline podcasts to get a full grasp of how to play the game.

A lot of players did'nt want to know what to do !!!

They were just happy getting the high KDR's & working there way through the medals & stuff (like always)..

It was the game "Gamers" were asking for with its squads & platoons its rank structure & its chat system at all levels but the community let MAG down as a great deal of them are "run & gun'ers" with no real concept of team work as a squad & working with the other squads/platoons..

I know there was plenty of developer support, but such an ambitious game needs proper marketing and a full-fledged training mode that fully details the intricacies of what to repair when and how, who you should be covering, when to provide suppressing fire and a proper explanation of CO roles.

I think a lot of people just got frustrated with the game and moved on to either (the short-lived) SOCOM 4 or (dare I say it) Killzone/Call of Duty

0 Kudos

/16

forcefield420

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
forcefield420
Accepted Solution
Need to bring zipper back and let them
make MAG 2 are fix MAG now. This shows that PS don't care what us the player's really won't. MAG still has a strong fan base and we won't it back
0 Kudos

/16

D1AM0ND_ST4GGER

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
D1AM0ND_ST4GGER
Accepted Solution

Signing: G1TT_D and D1AM0ND_ST4GGER

0 Kudos

/16

D1AM0ND_ST4GGER

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
D1AM0ND_ST4GGER
Accepted Solution

Signing: G1TT_D and D1AM0ND_ST4GGER MAg is soooooooo awesome plz make a mag 2!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

farfromsane

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
farfromsane
Accepted Solution

I'll sign for Mag 2

I

0 Kudos

/16

SIRmisterD

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SIRmisterD
Accepted Solution
Signed
0 Kudos

/16

TyBRKR

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TyBRKR
Accepted Solution
Signed - tybreakr. The only online shooter that really had incentive to rank up. Rank up to command the army.
0 Kudos

/16

MotokoHutt

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MotokoHutt
Accepted Solution

I would love a MAG 2 with 5 or 6 PMC's instead of 3 & more guns, but I think the most important thing is it needs to be advertissed more then MAG was & advertised better aswell, so sign me up - MotokoHutt

PS: ideas for PMC's how about an Asian PMC (China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam etc), and what about a philapeans PMC that could also cover Ausralia, or evan a African PMC (Etheopia, uganda, SouthAfrica etc) and it could be kinda zulo \ modern malitia styled.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

MotokoHutt wrote:

I would love a MAG 2 with 5 or 6 PMC's instead of 3 & more guns, but I think the most important thing is it needs to be advertissed more then MAG was & advertised better aswell, so sign me up - MotokoHutt

Would'nt  it make the factions a little light on manpower for getting into the bigger Domination style battles if you had 5 or 6 PMC's..

I'd rather see more maps come with any future game & make them Nuetral friendly..

0 Kudos

/16

Biotype-001

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Biotype-001
Accepted Solution

Signed - Biotype-001

Still wishing they kept Zipper Interactive... :(

0 Kudos

/16

im_hells_angel

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
im_hells_angel
Accepted Solution

signed  im_hells_angel . MAG is an awesome game I still play it everyday . True dedicated fan right here ! 

0 Kudos

/16

mikeetoo96

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeetoo96
Accepted Solution