All you lot who were in the closed beta, we need your help.
We want to know what the do's and dont's of leadership are! With all the newbies coming to the game as of today, it's in your best interests to ensure the people who may one day lead you are well prepared.
What I want from each of you is 1 do, and 1 dont of leading a squad, platoon or even a company on MAG. And, seeing as I was in the closed beta and once led a company into a glorious victory (whilst sat in a bunker cowering like a fool), I'll start!
DO: Get over the mic and issue orders dammit!
DONT: Drop airstrikes on your squad leader's heads. They dont like that. Trust me.
If you didn't take part in the closed beta, you can still help out. Ask a question in here about MAG and a beta trial member will do their best to help. If they dont, I'll set MojoSwift onto them. Rawr.
See you on the battlefield!
Don't: When attacking, don't use your strikes until the AA has been taken down.
here is some quick info
To Issue Frago commands:
1) Hit select to goto your Tactical map.
2) As you look around your tac. map you will see blue dots (those are people in your PMC) blue triangles (those are the people in your squad) red dots (enemy troops) red vehicles (enemy) and red squares with different icons in them (these are things like enemy bunkers, aa guns etc...) these are what you want to set the objective on.
3) in order to actually set an objective you choose a vehicle or an enemy structure. then move ur cursor over what ever you decide on, and hit X.
4) you have now set an objective and will get frago points for kills and other objective related things.
To use special abilities:
1) pull up your tac. map (hit select)
2) hit R1, this will bring up your specials. pick the ability you want (mortor or guided missle). choose a target just like you do to set an objective. then hit X on your target. (REMEBER you can kill your own team with specials, so be careful and make sure you weigh the gains with the risk before you launch a mortar in a hvy fighting area.)
3) there are no specials in sabotage.
How to communicate with your platoon leader:
1) to communicate with your platoon leader hit up on the D-pad and hold it
2) choose the platoon channel.
3) talk...if you die sometimes you have to reset the channel.
4) your squad can not hear you when you are in platoon channel.
5) other squad leaders can hear you as well on this channel.
What happens when you do this:
Bunker: if you kill a bunker then you just deystroyed an enemy forward spawn.
Mortor: you just killed the other squad leaders ability to call in a mortor strike
AA GUN: you just enabled yourforward air spawn (paratroopers and helo insertion).
Motor Pool: you have disabled respawn for the defenders vehicles.
Sensor array:disabled a platoon leaders sensor sweep.
Gate: you took out the front door.
Road Block: pretty obvious.
Reapair: you can tell your squad to repair any destroyed building (gates and roadblocks included).
Defend: you can tell your squad to defend anywhere.
Destroy that vehicle: you take out the attackers forward spawn on the ground.
Do: Think you're Rambo and run off on your own, it's annoying listening to orders
Don't: Pay attention to your objectives
Fixed for most FPS players out there.
lol unfortunately that's what's gonna happen, it's fun listening to people start getting angry because of it
How are the leaders going to be sorted considering you had to get to lvl 15 (if I remember corectly) to be a squad leader anyway?
I *think* the stats have been reset - so prepare for a rank-a-thon!
In otherwords, I think we'll be leaderless until a few people rank up.
And no being hideously immature with the word rank, I can hear malice developing from 500 miles away you know...