on 25-11-2009 01:41 PM
While posting this I have only played couple sabotage battles if this 1.46 version of MAG, so I'm sure I have not yet found all issues.
- One new to me was that In-game bug reporting tool didn't show up. Has it been disabled on purpose or is it just a glitch in system?
- The issue I wanted to report was at Sver Sab map. When died (slowly bleedin out), I was able to see bellow the gound surface. This hapened at the bottom of the left hand stairs at A-point. The underground railtunnel was clearly visible.
- Apparently something has happened to Voice sommunications. I use the same headset-mic as before but the people keep on compalining that they can't hear me (volume too low). I have not altered any settings so this is most likely mag SW issue.
On a plus side I have left on impression that clan and group handling is a bit more robust (invitations work better) and clan tags are once again visible.
on 25-11-2009 02:12 PM
Can see under the map when I die too, also a few rocks that you can see through but I can't report them anymore.
Grenades still blow up at your feet, although nowhere near as frequently as before. Rocket launchers now also bounce off of nothing and make you suicide. I realise they will bounce of troops etc, but when the troop is miles away and it bounces off a forcefield around them and suicides you, it really is annoying.
Sabotage is HORRIBLE. I know some of the Zipper guys explained to me that C is unlocked at all times because if somebody camps out there, there is one less person attacking on that squad making it easier to defend, but that just does not work in practice. You do not need a squad of 8 people to capture A or B. If they get 2 or 3 people camping out at C, the rest of the squad can rush in and unlock C. Then, they instantly plant charges and the game is over. By their logic, we should send people to C to stop that happening, but if they don't have anybody at C, we have wasted troops over there weakening our defence and so they could then just storm A & B and unlock C anyway. If the attacking team losing 1 person to camping makes defending so easy, why does the defending team losing a player to camping not make attacking so easy? It's the same logic.
I hate sabotage, but I thought they nailed it in the last patch. The timer stops when you arm and it takes around a minute to defuse. Perfect. If somebody camped there you had enough time to get there and disarm. Now, the timer does not stop and it takes more like 20-30 seconds to explode, so if somebody camps, by the time you get there the game is over. This is not fair or right.
Also, why on earth do I teamkill people when C detonates now? You HAVE to rush in to C to be able to hold it for the 20-30 seconds, but the consequence now is that when it does blow up, you kill everybody in the room. I got 7 teamkills for winning! Ridiculous.
25-11-2009 03:27 PM - edited 25-11-2009 03:52 PM
- Claymores, they seem to have a bigger blast/detect radius. (whining: another helpfull addition to sniping).
- Sniping, still very powerfull, even at the lower levels. If they dont get it right, this will be the downfall of MAG.
- The LMG seems to be worse, which I dont like since its my fav. weapon bit I can understand it when compared to an assault rifle.
- More lag/hit detection problems, some rounds are great, some are terrible. I suspect it depends where the server is, but I havent got a clue about how many and where the servers are.
on 25-11-2009 04:01 PM
on 25-11-2009 11:00 PM
- New issue... The Domination game was so Laggy, that I got myself a Massive Headache from just one game. I want point out that this is *NEW* issue on Mag. I have played Domination before (earlier betas) and it worked just fine before. I don't know what was different now (server issues?) but it was Mutual Pain to all of us.
I think I had something else too, but I'll let it be until my head hurts a bit less.
on 25-11-2009 11:24 PM
I thought they nailed it in the last patch. The timer stops when you arm and it takes around a minute to defuse. Perfect. If somebody camped there you had enough time to get there and disarm. Now, the timer does not stop and it takes more like 20-30 seconds to explode, so if somebody camps, by the time you get there the game is over. This is not fair or right.
u got it in 1, first game back on sab and what a joke, they took B early, (raven defending ) we held A for a good 10 mins or so, they took A and i died seconds after, game was over before i respawned.
there was nothing wrong with it before, this has just made things silly, atleast give defenders and att a chance.
on 25-11-2009 11:26 PM
I agree that sabotage is worse now. I think the way it was in the last phase was perfect (where the timer stops when charges are planted at C)
And the bomb goes off far to quickly now.
on 25-11-2009 11:30 PM
on 25-11-2009 11:38 PM
Completely agree with this, it was first time I played, so I didnt notice it was worse then usual, thought it was regular thing, but it was too much. I think we prolly played in the same game 30 mins or so ago, and especially when its the bombarded and everyone in the base, it got really sketchy.
Also Sabotage was first time I played, didnt know it was longer before, but I concur that when I tried that mode for 2-3 times, the games ended way too quickly, seemed sabotaging went by rather quickly, not even given you time to go to the target at risk.