on 06-03-2010 06:54 PM
Ok it's been out for a while, so for ppl who have been playing this game, what words of wisdom would u pass on to new players.
OK that's 20 for now, if you have tips that you think will help. Do put them in.
on 06-03-2010 07:33 PM
on 06-03-2010 11:18 PM
24. Dont rush in the control room full of enemys. Hold back and go in with a group of team mates. You have a better chance to survive and accomplish your objective.
25. Dont test your control buttons in your spawn bunker, chances are you will shoot/frag your team mates.
on 07-03-2010 02:06 AM
26: For most situations healing is more important than killing. Keep your team mates revived and things will be much easier.
27: If you get the chance always kill with a knife, the vast majority of the time a knife kill means your enemy can't be revived.
28: If you incapacitate an enemy and you aren't in immediate danger, ALWAYS finish him off. Do not let your kill sit there while a team mate gets behind you and revives half his team.
29: Aggression always wins over cautiousness. Push up to your enemy.
30: PLEASE OWN A MIC IF YOU APPLY FOR SQUAD/PLATOON LEADER
31: When attacking if your entire team pushes the same place it makes defending against you very very simple. Try to get even 3-4 people to sneak around the outside and try to flank. 99% of the time your enemy wont see it coming and your little squad of 4 can wipe out an entire platoon while they are busy trying to fight off your primary force.
on 07-03-2010 09:22 AM
on 07-03-2010 08:09 PM
Kudos added also, all points are valid, great tips guys.
# 3 infuriates me the most, I like to repair a motor pool, take a jeep behind the enemies lines, mount the guns and start shooting mercilessly, then some idiot jumps in and drives into the enemy and leaves the vehicle, leaving me stranded with turrets/ rocket launchers firing at me.
on 09-03-2010 01:01 AM
Here's another few to help u get thru the game
33. When in a fire fight against 2 or more enemies, position yourself so that your in line with at least 2 bad guys so they will mistakenly shoot each other and you can use enemy players as body guards.
34. Jimmy the cricket, I don't like it and don't do it myself but if someone is shooting at you, do as House of Pain say and "Jump around". Jumping is a good way to avoid sniper fire (so is zig zagging) and good way to surprise enemies when u jump over railing and knife them in the back.
35.MAG is a new type of FPS, most of u haven't played this type of game before. If you come from MW2 where u get Nukes thru
Cheatin skill but you are pwned all the time on MAG. Change your approach. Your not getting loads of XP as a sniper? Don't be a sniper. If going in the front door to get A gets you killed every time go another way
36.when u go behind enemy lines, don't kill every enemy u see, it will attract attention and u wont get to do what you plan to do
37.Have a lot of different loadouts,sniper, run and gunner, APC destroyer, Doc and repair man. It helps the team a lot. If you want to die and change class don't give enemy a cheap kill. Press start and R3
38. Attacking with an APC, have the APC packed with players, go up to roadblock/gates everyone get press R1 for the smoke and pull the APC back(make the APC the target for the enemy and they will for get about the guys that got out. This wont work all the time but when done can do a lot of damage.
39. OK you have a mic, don't just cough in it. Talk to ppl, give ppl warning of enemies in the area, ask someone to repair and revive you (don't forget to say thanks). You see a few guys hanging around the senor array tell you SL to bring the rain. And for SL don't be shy when telling ppl what to do. ppl will vote u off even if you a Hannibal or Alexander the great in mag. There are still ***** out there.
40.ok there's a lull in the game, don't forget to resupply. It's easy to forget in the heat of battle. but not doing can get u caught out
41.for Domination, all the bunker should be taken down, not just 2 or 3 but all of them, before you move on to get the letters.
42 you see a repair guy repairing the AAA or a bunker, don't leave it to someone else. Gut them
43. When attacking, Momentum is key for a win. when defending plug those gaps and absorb all the hits.
44. think outside the box, you can't get B on the raven dom map, send your squad for A it can turn games around or valor are attacking sver sabo map, send your squad to protect A.
45. you can shoot thru gratings from below and up above. A lot of watch towers have grat flooring so kill the snipers that hide there
46.Medic! Revive ppl when you see them. but don't go charging in to a room full of enemy players to get one guy.
47. after you kill a enemy, knife them. it stops them being revived be their team-mates
48. ok the gate has blown up, use one of your vehicles to block the way.
49 be prepared, the best and most used tactic in MAG so far is blitzkrieg. the enemy will come at you straight away think and fast.
50 Make friends: it helps most of the time, the friends you make will be on your PMC for at least awhile and teaming up can be great fun.
on 09-03-2010 04:59 PM