Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: MAG - Worth Buying ?

yes definitely a buy but not at the official launch price imho.

wait until it has dropped price in a few months, then pick it up.

http://www.clivehunt.com

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18 (1,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

For me MAG is a must buy, my reason 4 this is as follows.

no lag at all which is amazing seen as there are 256 people.

The way u level up, u start by following orders then once u level up enough u can issue orders 2 ur squad,then 2 the platoon and finally the whole army.

It's nothing like cod, in cod u can go off on ur own but in MAG the only way 2 win is 2 work as a team.

u can customize ur loadout 2 ur style of play like battlefield, e.g medic, engineer.

The map's are massive yet small if u know what I mean, as long as u fight ur part of the map u'll do OK but if u wander off u'll get lost in the mayhem.

The graphics are on par with battlefield but on a much bigger scale, so keeping that in mind it's v.good and from what I've played the was next 2 no screen tearing.

On a bad note u have 2 have a good squad that listens 2 orders or u have no chance of winning but that's where the clan system comes in, if you get a good clan of about 15-20 members then you'll win allot of matches.

Also the servers crashed now and then but that was the point of the open beta 2 test the servers, hopefully they will now have the knowledge 2 stop this from happening.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18 (1,250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yes it is IMO.

I played the closed beta and thought it was pretty poor, but this last week its real started to grow on me. Its quite tough at first but once youv ranked up a bit and bought some equipment  ye soon get into it. It seems as though there will be a bit of substance about the game. Its not just a run and gunner, and it will be interesting to see how things work at the higher ranks.

www.ps3scotland.com
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18 (1,243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I was in the closed beta and can safetly say its gone from a 'must have' to a 'maybe when it hits the bargain bin' purchase. Very disappointed in it. Not the epic massive war they've led us to believe at all. The maps are so big and everythings split up you'll never get 256 battling it out in an area at once.

I'd recommend waiting for Battlefield 2.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18 (1,229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You do realise how stupid it would be to have 256 players battling over the same spot right?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18 (1,204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im sorry but the graphics on this are not *on par* to battlefield, I am not sure what BF you are comparing it to but it should be BFBC2 because it is released 2 months after, the Graphics in BFBC2 are sme of the best on FPS, along with the destructioin effect which currently NO OTHER GAMES do is amazing. Also BFBC2 has the best vehicles in all FPS games and should be counted for that.

The Graphics on MAG are OK, nothing more, there not as detailed as COD, and dont have any destruction compared to BFBC2 so they are just OK.

Aside from that dreadful acusation from 'TheRealEraser' I think MAG is worth getting, no other game does FPS at this scale with next to no lag. (The only actually lag we have seen so far is server stability, not lag like you see in COD)

alexo_ex0
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

mate , this is a stupid question, people are just gona argue, i settle it for you.

your going to buy, your going to like, your goiung to buy because when they make those top 100 hundred games of the century, this is gona be in it. This will be a top runner for best game of the year. This will be like when you think of halo , you think "Awesome xbox+ Master chief=epicness". Your gona do the same with the ps3 and some pmc or just MAG.

If people own a ps3, they should buy or at least be able to claim "I SAW" if MAg is ever mentioned in their presence.

Has nothing to do with COD. COD is great in its own right. Everyone knows it will be never a fps TEAM game.

People will be able to say MAG came close to provide a MMORPGFPTS (if not succed).
I urge you to find 50-60 euros and buy this game.

MW2 is great for a quick run and gun, but theres no team work , no1 can ever say there is, MAG provides this if your willing to cooperate
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18 (1,029 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I would say its worth it, ive playied a few online shooters and have tooken on whole teams by myself. With this game ive killed like 5 people then died tooken out by a sniper or incomming enemy. This game needs teamwork and a headset, also im sure you will find your way into a clan that will make the game even better.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18 (962 Views)
0 Kudos