05 Feb 2010
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

MAG vote to kick problem plz help

27 Replies 2,557 Views Created 05-02-2010

hi guys been playing MAG since last fri but the last couple of days i have noticed a lot of votes to kick u going on now i can understand if u are being rude and not being a respectful gamer but these seem to be against folk who are enjoying the game and not upsetting any one only yesterday i had 1 to kick me i was playing acquisition and i was squad leader we had held the bunker and gates for nearly 3/4 of the game i had a mic so i was communicating and no cars were stolen so i would say we was doing well and yet i had a vote to be kicked  is it a cheap way to be platoon leader if ur kicked and get the trophy or xp i think it needs looking into its spoiling the game have any u guys had the same problems

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (2,557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: MAG vote to kick problem plz help

I think maybey people wanted you to set different objectives, I had one squad leader yesterday when playing domination seemed to set random FRAGOS without any real meaning, we had about 5 gates destroyed into our last building and he didn't make us fix any :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (2,539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Joined a game last night and there were a couple of kids who thought it would be hilarious to constantly call votes to kick me. All you could hear was them giggling away in the background, they weren't even attempting to play the game properly so I just left.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I don't know about MAG because I haven't got it yet but I can say that when I used to play on Killzone 2 online I was kicked from a few games at different times for being in a ranked game amongst a couple of friends that didn't want me there . I know how to play and made no f**k ups , didn't have chance .

Also I tried to play a ranked game on Resistance 2 using the dlc map but the other few guys kept quitting so I tried again and again . . . I eventually got a message on my ps3 saying , " go away " . That was quite clear to me so I kept trying to play on that open , public , ranked match until they went away . That is the only p***k that is on my ps3 blocked users list !

Really if you do nothing wrong I guess you risk the chance of being kicked if you are an outsider in a clicky game .:Argh:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (2,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

its frustrating and annoying esp when u can hear them laughing i not had that tho i did yesterday get vote to kick agian and i wasnt leader my m8 also  had it happen to him a few times in 1 game its a shame this is happening

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (2,498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the fact that you can be kicked from a piblic game is one of the reasons i don't want to play MAG (and therefore will probably never bother with it), i can understand that without it you would have people in the game just for kills and not actually playing the objectives, but there must be some kind of system to it, in that you have to earn the right to kick people- and you can only be kicked by people that have earn't that right, maybe earn't be playing the game properly and going for the onjectives.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (2,463 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i understand why u not brought the game its really spoilt my gaming exp agree with u about the right to kick but i think u should only be kicked if being rude if someone just goes for kills thats fine coz the game rewards u more if u do the objectives, healing and repairing etc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (2,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

loads of people has the same problem with SOCOM when it first came out, as do all games with a vote to kick function. after a while it dies off, all you can do is suck it up and take it on a chin, if not get a clan/a few mates and game with them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (2,339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

fatherwu wrote:

hi guys been playing MAG since last fri but the last couple of days i have noticed a lot of votes to kick u going on now i can understand if u are being rude and not being a respectful gamer but these seem to be against folk who are enjoying the game and not upsetting any one only yesterday i had 1 to kick me i was playing acquisition and i was squad leader we had held the bunker and gates for nearly 3/4 of the game i had a mic so i was communicating and no cars were stolen so i would say we was doing well and yet i had a vote to be kicked  is it a cheap way to be platoon leader if ur kicked and get the trophy or xp i think it needs looking into its spoiling the game have any u guys had the same problems

i really wouldn't worry about it the vote may have come about when somebody on your team checked the score and would have seen that you may have had more points than them but if your squad leader and doing the job well you'll hardly ever get a vote to kick against you....

i had a game tonight when 1 guy started a kick against another person because the squad leader position was passed onto them and he said over the mic im starting a vote against them cause i was leader and now im not i just laughed at him and told him its because he's a higher rank than you so it passes over to him and suck it up and get on with it he left when nobody voted... aww what a shame:Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (2,342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

funny u should say about socom my m8 this weekend said same he told me its really bad on that ive never played it so couldnt comment  i have been to mags website an some peeps are saying the same about the vote to kick so fingers crossed zipper going to do something to sort it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (2,266 Views)
0 Kudos