60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

MAG vote to kick problem plz help

27 Replies 2,660 Views Created 05-02-2010

hi guys been playing MAG since last fri but the last couple of days i have noticed a lot of votes to kick u going on now i can understand if u are being rude and not being a respectful gamer but these seem to be against folk who are enjoying the game and not upsetting any one only yesterday i had 1 to kick me i was playing acquisition and i was squad leader we had held the bunker and gates for nearly 3/4 of the game i had a mic so i was communicating and no cars were stolen so i would say we was doing well and yet i had a vote to be kicked  is it a cheap way to be platoon leader if ur kicked and get the trophy or xp i think it needs looking into its spoiling the game have any u guys had the same problems

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

phep

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
phep
Accepted Solution
I think maybey people wanted you to set different objectives, I had one squad leader yesterday when playing domination seemed to set random FRAGOS without any real meaning, we had about 5 gates destroyed into our last building and he didn't make us fix any :p
0 Kudos

Re: MAG vote to kick problem plz help

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Joined a game last night and there were a couple of kids who thought it would be hilarious to constantly call votes to kick me. All you could hear was them giggling away in the background, they weren't even attempting to play the game properly so I just left.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Beta Tester
/16

fatherwu

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fatherwu
Accepted Solution

its frustrating and annoying esp when u can hear them laughing i not had that tho i did yesterday get vote to kick agian and i wasnt leader my m8 also  had it happen to him a few times in 1 game its a shame this is happening

0 Kudos

/16

Devastator9

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

the fact that you can be kicked from a piblic game is one of the reasons i don't want to play MAG (and therefore will probably never bother with it), i can understand that without it you would have people in the game just for kills and not actually playing the objectives, but there must be some kind of system to it, in that you have to earn the right to kick people- and you can only be kicked by people that have earn't that right, maybe earn't be playing the game properly and going for the onjectives.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

fatherwu

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fatherwu
Accepted Solution

i understand why u not brought the game its really spoilt my gaming exp agree with u about the right to kick but i think u should only be kicked if being rude if someone just goes for kills thats fine coz the game rewards u more if u do the objectives, healing and repairing etc

0 Kudos

/16

dazmaz

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dazmaz
Accepted Solution

loads of people has the same problem with SOCOM when it first came out, as do all games with a vote to kick function. after a while it dies off, all you can do is suck it up and take it on a chin, if not get a clan/a few mates and game with them

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

fatherwu

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fatherwu
Accepted Solution

funny u should say about socom my m8 this weekend said same he told me its really bad on that ive never played it so couldnt comment  i have been to mags website an some peeps are saying the same about the vote to kick so fingers crossed zipper going to do something to sort it

0 Kudos

/16

WastedTrojan

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WastedTrojan
Accepted Solution

I have seen the vote kick option used appropriately 1 time and that was to kick a guy who was team killing in spawn multiple times.

Every other time people either try to get the squad leader kicked or a clan will decide that one of their team mates K/D ratio isn't good enough so all the clan memebers vote kick the guy who is probably just new.....

0 Kudos

/16

Juby1

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juby1
Accepted Solution

I use the vote to kick for dilliberate TKers and squad leaders that are not doing anything but killing.

I have had several games now that the squad leader does not set a single objective or communicate - one I knew had a mic coz I heard him coughing on it. I requested several times that we need objectives set, artillery/mortar strikes etc but no joy; not even so much as a grunt of acknowledgement - I even addressed him by name.

So, in these circumstances I will initiate a vote to kick and hope that somebody who will actually carry out the SL role will be assigned to it.

If you dont want to make SL decisions please do not apply for a leadership role.

(P.S. I am not saying that the OP was not doing their job as a SL, just highlighting this as a possible reason)

0 Kudos

Juby1
/16

S-til

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S-til
Accepted Solution

I've been trying to get some leader xp or whatever its called but its impossible when people vote kick you right off the bat. I've been vote kicked ~4 times as soon as the game starts, it's pretty stupid tbh.

0 Kudos

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solo_Wing_Pixy88
Accepted Solution
id say "stop being a retraded squad leader, it might help"
0 Kudos

/16

Pieguts77

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pieguts77
Accepted Solution

I got kicked tonight at the start of the game because a bunch of clan arseholes wanted to get thier mate in. They could have mentioned it in the squad selection screen and i'd have switched to another squad as there was spaces in the other squads. Instead they chose to say nothing until we started and then kick me.

I've seen it done by clans twice before to other people. I've always disliked clans and behaviour like this enhances my dislike of them.

I think kicking should only be allowed if someone teamkills at the base area, it's hard to judge in battle because people walk into grenades, there are accidental grenades that happen, and some stupid people people walk into your gas clouds and stay there until they die, or walk in front of you when they can see you're firing usually to steal a kill off you. Kicking should also be allowed if a squad member goes to the other objective rather than your teams objective.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
When I've played with my clan we have never deliberately kicked someone unless that person has tried to kick one of the clan.
0 Kudos

/16

ohmsford

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ohmsford
Accepted Solution

Maybe they could change it just to demote squad leader? Or add another option in.

TBH after about 140 hrs of gameplay I  can only recall maybe 2 or 3 times where someone has been team killing. I've only seen a vote to kick for the SL not setting FRAGOS. No need to kick them from the game, just need a more capable SL.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

xXSkitzsoXx

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXSkitzsoXx
Accepted Solution

The kick votes against the squad leaders, 95% of the time don't have anything to do with them doing a bad job.  Almost every round that I have played, the squad leader has a vote against him as soon as the round starts.  I myself have never been kicked as a squad leader but recently I have been kick as a normal player.  I started a new character with Raven, I was only a level six, and I had more points than anyone else in the squad.  These points weren't from kills, they were from following the objectives that my squad leader (lvl. 60) had set.  I was taking care of all of the fragos as well as working as a team with the rest of my squad such as providing cover fire and reviving them when needed.  No one was using their headsets, so whatever I may have been doing wrong, I had no way of knowing.  Once I had three out of five votes against me I quickly grabbed my headset and started asking why there was a vote against me, no one replied.  I think the kick vote is completely out of control and needs to be looked in to.  I personally think that if you aren't using a headset to communicate with your squad, you shouldn't be able to cast a kick vote.

0 Kudos

/16

SilentShadow777

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SilentShadow777
Accepted Solution

Kermit1970 wrote:
When I've played with my clan we have never deliberately kicked someone unless that person has tried to kick one of the clan.
well there was that time we kicked a guy from a certain clan because we didnt want his kind of player in our squad.
0 Kudos

Twitter @SilentShadow777
Destiny Profiles Hunter | Titan | Warlock
Beta Tester
/16

I-Wolf

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I-Wolf
Accepted Solution

Keep using the tank for GTA play on the other side off the map & i'll vote too kick everytime :Lol:

Anyone else notice regular VTK when you lose your bunker in the first minute or two....sometimes i just think WHY...how the hell is it the SQL fault when a clan obviously organised & pretty good overrun a bunch of randoms !?!

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

wsquared

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wsquared
Accepted Solution
I often play with clan members in Mag so we see only the VTK when we only have half squads or things like that. But we have never VTK someone just so one of ours can join the squad. We tell them to either wait or just join the game on another squad. The only time I remember we did VTK as a clan was when this guy was giving nothing but abuse to us and the others in the squad.

Plus even if they did include a vote to demote option people would still VTK as who would want to deal with the guy they just demoted.
0 Kudos

/16

topperharley83

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
topperharley83
Accepted Solution
I have never been kicked from the squad and I would consider myself a decent squad leader but there was this one time when I had just vetted and was level 7 and I joined a game with 5 clan members of another clan and they saw my level and started talking about a VTK because of my level. I told them that I was much higher level than they were (level 30s no vet) and it fell on deaf ears. For some reason they didnt kick me and I managed to get top of the squad.

Long pointless story isnt it?
0 Kudos

60GB PS3
23-March-2007 to 22-June-2009
"I told you I was sick"

Goodbye old friend we had some great times together.
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

SilentShadow777 wrote:

Kermit1970 wrote:
well there was that time we kicked a guy from a certain clan because we didnt want his kind of player in our squad.

True. I wonder if he complained about being kicked on their website.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel