16 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Mag 2?

8 Replies 1,172 Views Created 16-03-2012

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8228334

I'm a sceptic, but hey, fingers crossed that it's true. Would an Oct release even be possible?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (1,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Mag 2?

I doubt it. ill give it till E3 n if theres still no announcement theres probably not going to be a MAG2 release this year. Id love to see MAG2 but Im not holding my breath as I doubt Zipper are even working on it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (1,161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It would be awesome if true.

With Unit 13 now out I guess the guys at Zipper have to be working on something, hopefully it is MAG 2 lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I e-mailed cduniverse about them advertising MAG 2 for sale with a 1st Oct release and asked if it was a mistake.

I got this reply.

Thank you for your email.

According to our suppliers that is the current release date set for the item but it can change.  We will update the site if we get new information.

Please feel free to email me if you need further assistance.

It still seems fishy to me to be taking pre-orders on an unannounced game. Would suppliers know a game is coming out this far in advance?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (1,138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Basically Zipper the creators of MAG have been unofficially shutdown. By this I mean no one has confirmed it but the scale of the rumours seem far too strong to be wrong. The company has had problems with Socom and a Vita title was never going to generate serious cash. With zipper down MAG2 is very unlikely.

Hopefully sony will see people want MAG2 and give the rights to the game up for sale, so someone else can create it, I really hope so.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (1,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I have seen the stories about Zipper being shutdown, I hope its not true but it doesn't look good.

Hopefully Sony will hand the reigns to another developer then or maybe the guys from Zipper will form a new studio away from Sony.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (1,059 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I tweeted Dunham about MAG sales and if they were good enough to warrant a sequel. In his reply he stated probably not, because they were not working on MAG 2, so unless another group of Dev's decide to pick up the ball we won't see a sequel.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (1,054 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That is a shame, I gues we will have Dust 514 though, which seems a little like MAG but on a much larger scale.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (1,036 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

mag 2 would be so good but saying that mag is still got loads of people playing so im happy to still play that
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (1,023 Views)
0 Kudos