13 Aug 2010
Playstation Staff

Making MAG A Game Our Clan Plays

3 Replies 193 Views Created 13-08-2010

Me and a few people in my clan are in debate as to whether of not to add MAG to our list of games that we play as a clan. He says that "Nobody plays it" and that "We need to stay fresh and up to date." I think we should add the game to show that we can co-ordinate and work as a team. Plus, if we can make it in MAG, we can make it anywhere.

Help me out on this one, guys, please.

Ave
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Making MAG A Game Our Clan Plays

There's still a large enough playerbase to keep the game running. Admittedly, the queues are a little longer now than they used to be, but whatever. 10 minute wait times at the most, if you're on during the busiest hours and insist on playing the biggest game mode.

As for 'We need to stay fresh and up to date'

lolwut.

That doesn't even make any sense. That just makes it sound like you think MAG is just some fad.

MAG? Oh, that is so last month!

But, anyways, in relation to... Should a clan choose to come and play MAG...

Definitely. I really don't think there is a better game for clans to play out there.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

AveloreFlamewing wrote:

Me and a few people in my clan are in debate as to whether of not to add MAG to our list of games that we play as a clan. He says that "Nobody plays it" and that "We need to stay fresh and up to date." I think we should add the game to show that we can co-ordinate and work as a team. Plus, if we can make it in MAG, we can make it anywhere.

Help me out on this one, guys, please.

I had the same problem and now I'm the last one left from my clan playing (much to my disappointment they all prefer anything with the CoD badge).

I think MAG is set up well for clans and I'm surprised that it's not (or doesn't appear to be) supported in that way.

In the clan I'm in the reasons for not taking it up were similar - there were a few of us that preordered after taking part in the beta but the others (including the clan leaders and this is what sealed its fate) gave reasons like "it's not had good sales" and later on when I tried to stimulate interest I got the "nobody plays it any more".

Of those that started out with me, all have traded it and I got reasons like "it's all about Domination and it's just too chaotic" and "I can't always tell what's going on". (These are players that made it to level 25-30 so it's not like they had just started)

I'm now slogging away at the last 6 or 7 levels so that I can vet out of Valor (I must be the last player still around that got the game on day one and still hasn't vet'ed!) and hopefully join up with the OPC guys from this forum.

I had a break from it for RDR and the MoH beta, and recently I started out on BBFC2 but MAG really beats them all - it's not perfect (too much rushing the objectives for it to be really tactical) but it's the most sound technically (I've never had a lost connection) and in terms of game mechanics/flow (for my taste anyway).

Good luck convincing your clan!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

AveloreFlamewing wrote:

to show that we can co-ordinate and work as a team. Plus, if we can make it in MAG, we can make it anywhere.

This is a major plus with mag & can hold you in good stead for future clan battles. Communication/roles alongside each other....etc
Not so much second comment as all games are different & teamwork only goes so far. Simple fact as an eg could be cod takes 3 bullets (shoot first then you basically win) this takes aim & consistency in the shot

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (166 Views)
0 Kudos