Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Newbies Guide for MAG (New players please read)

Game Types

Suppression (64 Players)

Suppression missions are a PMC exercise. The objective of these missions is to maximize casualties on the opposing force. While Suppression missions don’t impact the Shadow War, they are a great way to practice your skills and earn experience.

Gameplay Flow

1. Suppression uses two colored scorebars, with your team represented in blue and the opposing team represented in red.
  2. As players eliminate the opposition, they deplete the scorebar for that team. When a scorebar is empty, the associated team will lose.

Sabotage (64 Players)

In war, information is the highest currency. Cripple the enemy by stealing valuable intelligence or defending your secrets.

Sabotage missions are the simplest game types in the Shadow War. The objective of the mission is for attackers to secure a pair of satellite uplinks. Once both are simultaneously held, a final objective will be activated which attackers must then demolish.

Rules

• 1 platoon per side
  • 4 squads per platoon
  • No forward spawns
  • No vehicles
  • 4 squad leaders only (no platoon or company leaders)
  • No command abilities/strikes

Gameplay Flow

Sabotage missions contain two phases, which must be completed by the attackers before time expires.

1. Phase one is a secure and hold, fighting to secure the uplinks. 
  2. Phase two is a demolition objective, activated when attackers secure both uplinks, unlocking the data center. When active, attackers must plant and detonate an explosive while defenders battle to keep the area clear.

Acquisition (128 Players)

Weapons, ammunition, fuel... the keys to war. In Acquisition missions, 128 players vie for control of these valuable assets by commandeering or defending supplies contained in cargo vehicles.

Acquisition missions involve two platoons of attackers trying to steal prototype transports. Defenders must stop them, destroying escaping transports if necessary. Should any 2 vehicles escape, regardless of which platoon takes them, the attackers are victorious.

Rules

• 2 platoons per side
  • 8 squads per side (4 squads per platoon)
  • 8 squad and 2 platoon leaders allowed per side
  • Tactical command abilities allowed
  • Forward spawns used

Gameplay Flow

1. In Acquisition, both teams are fighting for ownership of prototype vehicles. Attackers must capture the vehicles before time expires. 
  2. Vehicles start in protective containers. If attackers secure a container the vehicle will be accessible. 
  3. Attackers must then drive the vehicle to the extraction zone, while defenders attempt to destroy the vehicle before it is extracted.

Domination (256 Players)

Control of the field of battle is the ultimate goal of a large fighting force, and Domination missions are won by mastering the battlefield.

Domination missions require attackers to destroy the defender’s fuel facilities. Attackers must secure 2 subsequent pairs of burn off and cooling towers, blowing one pair to activate the next. When all towers are blown, securing and holding the final control panels causes progressive damage to the facility.

Rules

• 4 platoons per side
  • 16 squads per side (4 squads per platoon)
  • 16 Squad, 4 platoon and 1 company leaders allowed per side
  • Tactical and strategic command abilities allowed
  • Forward spawns used

Gameplay Flow

Domination missions are the most complex, with 3 phases of combat.

1. Phase 1 of combat has attackers and defenders fighting for control of burn off towers. 
  2. Phase 2 becomes active when attackers secure both burn off towers. Attackers and defenders now fight for control of two cooling towers.
  3. The final objectives in phase 3 unlock when attackers have secured the cooling towers. These steps must be taken in each platoon to open their respective final objectives.

a. The final objectives can be secured by both teams. While secured by attackers, the DAMAGE bar will fill at a rate determined by the number of final objectives being held. If the bar fills before time expires, Attackers win.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 86 (15,942 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Can anyone make this into a PDF file to download? I have no clue. Looks like a good read for the Toilet!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 86 (15,900 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

awesome, thanks :smileyhappy:

i've had a PS3 longer than you....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 86 (15,885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

a squad leader guide would be nice

"I'm twelve. But I've been twelve for a long time"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 86 (15,873 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thats fantastic work there. Its something a few of us needed at the start of the week, hopefully this will help the rest. I suggest this thread be made a sticky.

Message Edited by Hellfire23 on 24-09-2009 10:41 PM
EFR

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 86 (15,859 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks a lot.  Good post.

I played for the first time tonight and it was bit of a struggle.  This will help loads:smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 86 (15,826 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

T9X-69 this is a very very good guide for anyone, including Veteran mag beta testers who dont test all the different configurations.

U defo get Kudos for this. Maybe this cud be made into a .pdf or even a google doc file or summet to share easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 86 (15,819 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Kudos for T9X and Shadow. I'd really like this in PDF form if anyone knows how to do it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 86 (15,811 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RufustheKing wrote:
a squad leader guide would be nice

Made a new topic with Squad Leader and OIC guides :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the kudos everyone this should help alot of people out with many questions they have. Also if you have any questions feel free to PM me or message me on PSN. I'll do my best to help 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 86 (15,777 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hey T9X-69,

I made a pdf file of the stuff you posted i hope u dont mind. I'll include the link to the hosting site i uploaded it to. there is approx. 1 minute wait before the user can download the file which is located near the bottom of the page on the right. Feel free to add the link to ur orignal post.

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=6239511

Shadow-King

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 86 (15,748 Views)