on 11-02-2010 09:29 AM
I think OIC's should have a half squad of their own, with longer respawn times, inability to chat when respawning. The half squad should get more than normal frago points for any kill around their OIC and get points for the amount of time that the OIC stays alive. Basically making the point of the OIC to run the battle rather than run around as a super trooper. Though not so long of a respawn that they become useless to a battle.
Their map should show the squad unit letter instead of a dot. Making it easy to see who is who and what is what. They should be able to set objectives just like squad leaders, but only platoon leaders and objectives for each specific platoons, therefore if they choose to follow then they can target the object which then would show the squad leader... The name of the platoon leaders should be on the map.
I dont know whether or not this should be added or not... but... sometimes I think the ability to kick a person off of the platoon leader position would be nice.
Those are my thoughts on it anyways.
on 12-02-2010 08:10 AM
Things I would like to see:
1. Snipers could grab branches and increase their stealth.
2. Snipers could grab sand bags and other things to make their hiding spots better.
3. Headset only games. If you don't buy a headset you play with others that dont have headsets.
4. I'd like for my 50 caliber to actually kill someone with one shot... NOONE survives that shot in the chest! noone!
5. I find no joy in having to run all the way back into town when I get spawned so far away.
6. I think we should be able to reconfigure our characters as we please and not have to wait till we get a certain ammount of points. How does this add value or entertainment to this game??? It's a rule for the sake of being a rule. Right now I reconfigured my guy the frist change I got. I got a bipod and the 5 skill point 50 caliber. The 50 caliber is getting dominated by the smaller snipers and guns because If i dont get the headshot they get 10 shots at me before I can get another shell off and re-aim! Im literally stuffed for two weeks until I earn enough points to get rid of the 50 caliber and find a better setup.
7. I also find that I kill more people than most in my squad and I am working to the objectives... I just dont revive many people as a sniper.... Snipers get no love... many times my squad complets their objectives.. because I am ambushing the oponents with a spray of lead! I clear the way and change the odds when their out numbered... they get the points..
I have much more to say but will leave it their...
8. OH I want to fly the helicopters too!
9. and I am allready ready for new territories.
on 13-02-2010 05:05 AM
In response to Dirtybanker
1. Interesting concept.. would be hard to program so it worked properly
2. That would be useful for anyone... bases might get way too sick and defendable though
3. I dont mind headset less people, they just shouldnt be allowed to be leaders
4. Or maybe a expensive add on for armor peircing bullets for snipers.
5. The delay is kind of the point... I dont mind... make sure to defend your AAA's if you dont like it.
6. I understand the idea.. but it really isnt that hard to get yourself up there if your any good... except for the entry sniper rifle, which is very weak... though it makes you much better at head shots.
7. As true as that is.. your not taking the risks that the other are... so really the rewards shouldnt be as high. I play a similar game as you except not with sniping. I dont mind... I let others take the spots.. I just make sure I get a mass amount of kills.
8. Arent there enough dummies driving the vehicle spawns? but I know what you mean.. sometimes I have wanted to move it just a tad
9. Thats the way of these types of games
10... I know your saying this because of what I wrote previous (or at least I think thats why) but what I wrote related to the topic on hand. Try to stay on topic or start a new thread.
21-02-2010 12:09 AM - edited 21-02-2010 12:11 AM
Quick question, as a grunt you can target stuff using down on the D-pad, (pretty much as when the squad leader gives orders on the fly) however, what i'm wondering is; i.e if a grunt tags a vehicle that way, does the squad leader get any heads up about it, (maybe some on screen command to fire off an sensor shell without having to go into the map? or simply frago the target.)
And on the previous posts. It would be nice to get frago points for killing enemies in the vincinity of the squad leader (or the target rather) as a sniper. just saying...
on 11-03-2010 06:48 PM
on 20-09-2010 02:46 PM
on 20-09-2010 03:08 PM
on 01-11-2010 06:58 PM
Thanks. I jump into this game having no clue what to expect. The training is lacking major. Had people trying to kick me in the begining and still as SL, kicked 4x now. LOL guy dont even get to explain or get much of an explanation before "You have been kick". BS, a little to easy. People, its a game, chill and help eachother.
I know exactly what your talking about!!! The first time i tried squad leader I had no clue how to set fragos, it took me a while to figure out but I was really lucky that I didn't get booted because there was a vote set on me. I've noticed now that almost every game I play, whether I'm squad leader or not, there's always someone trying to vote a squad leader off even if he's not doing a bad job. This is mostly due to whinny idiots who can't stand getting into the game without getting the position they apply for.
It's too bad that you've been booted that many times though,I've been lucky enough never get booted as a SL mostly because i think I do a good enough job... but still, that's a little harsh. Although I did get booted from one game where i wasn't even squad leader, I still don't really know why, I think it was because I was in a vehicle that was being driven away from where the platoon leader wanted it and he and whoever else decided it'd be a great idea to kick everyone in the vehicle out... really stupid.
on 01-11-2010 07:00 PM
I just got Mag a few weeks ago, and so far, AMAZING game. I just have one question here, maybe should be on a different thread.. but here it goes. I've heard that there's an issue with people getting randomly suspended from psn due to sore losers complaining to psn... has anyone heard of these issues?