24-09-2009 11:18 PM - edited 24-09-2009 11:22 PM
All credit goes to Chaotic_Renegade from the American Beta forums
If you have any questions I will try to help as I am usually a squad leader
IMPORTANT ADVICE FOR ALL SQUAD LEADERS:
LISTEN TO YOUR PLATOON LEADERS:
1) Even when you think they have not chosen the best course of action.
2) Even if you think you are smarter.
3) If you dont like taking orders then apply for leadership.
4) It makes the game more fun and realistic.
5) If you disagree with the platoon leader begin the order and then advise the platoon leader against that course of action.
6) If he/she disagrees and remains on task then follow his/her orders anyways.
7) remember a united platoon is ALWAYS better than a divided one
To Issue Frago commands:
1) Hit select to goto your Tactical map.
2) As you look around your tac. map you will see blue dots (those are people in your PMC) blue triangles (those are the people in your squad) red dots (enemy troops) red vehicles (enemy) and red squares with different icons in them (these are things like enemy bunkers, aa guns etc...) these are what you want to set the objective on.
3) in order to actually set an objective you choose a vehicle or an enemy structure. then move ur cursor over what ever you decide on, and hit X.
4) you have now set an objective and will get frago points for kills and other objective related things.
To use special abilities:
1) pull up your tac. map (hit select)
2) hit R1, this will bring up your specials. pick the ability you want (mortor or guided missle). choose a target just like you do to set an objective. then hit X on your target. (REMEBER you can kill your own team with specials, so be careful and make sure you weigh the gains with the risk before you launch a mortar in a hvy fighting area.)
3) there are no specials in sabotage.
How to communicate with your platoon leader:
1) to communicate with your platoon leader hit up on the D-pad and hold it
2) choose the platoon channel.
3) talk...if you die sometimes you have to reset the channel.
4) your squad can not hear you when you are in platoon channel.
5) other squad leaders can hear you as well on this channel.
What happens when you do this:
Bunker: if you kill a bunker then you just deystroyed an enemy forward spawn.
Mortor: you just killed the other squad leaders ability to call in a mortor strike
AA GUN: you just enabled yourforward air spawn (paratroopers and helo insertion).
Motor Pool: you have disabled respawn for the defenders vehicles.
Sensor array: I think you disabled a platoon leaders sensor sweep. (not 100% on this one)
Gate: you took out the front door.
Road Block: pretty obvious.
Reapair: you can tell your squad to repair any destroyed building (gates and roadblocks included).
Defend: you can tell your squad to defend anywhere.
Destroy that vehicle: you take out the attackers forward spawn on the ground.
on 24-09-2009 11:20 PM
Calls in satellite surveillance, revealing all enemy locations on the map. Everyone on your entire team will be able to see enemy locations for the duration of the sweep as red blimps on the radar.
Jams enemy communications, making radio chat intermittent. The enemy team will not be able to cycle through their radio chat channels. Static will also come through enemy headsets.
Jams enemy command network, blocking enemy TCM and CNI abilities. The enemy will not be able to call in airstrikes, or UAV's regardless if your anti air defense is online or offline for the duration of this ability. Also the enemy will not be able to navigate through voice chat channels.
If you are on offense as a OIC this will increase the enemies respawn time to 29 seconds. If you are on defense as a OIC this will decrease your teams respawn time to 9 seconds. This ability only lasts for a short amount of time as well.
Refreshes all friendly forces tactical strike cool down times. All squad/platoon leaders will have airstrikes refreshed for use soon as you press the button. Make sure you let your team know in advance to use everything they got before you refresh!
Tactical Map Layout
The Tactical Map goes CLOCKWISE so you should know where the platoons are on the map at all times!
on 24-09-2009 11:43 PM
Nice guide, thanks!
Also I did not post a guide for the platoon leader because the platoon leader would have the same basic guide as a squad leader except for the fact platoon leaders can talk to all the platoon leaders and squad leaders and OIC and they can call in different things such as gas bombs and UAV's or in some cases cluster bombs. Also the platoon leader cannot set objectives like the squad leader can for FRAGO points.
IMO the platoon leader should be able to because it seams as if the squad leader has more power than a platoon leader
24-09-2009 11:53 PM - edited 24-09-2009 11:53 PM
25-09-2009 12:02 AM - edited 25-09-2009 12:03 AM
Yeah, I feel the same about the Platoon Leader, don't really see the point.
Thanks for this guide Was good to see the platoons numbered on the map. Not been OIC yet but this will be useful for when I finally get it.
Any idea how the squads are deployed around bunkers? It definately doesn't go ABCD from left to right...
I also don't really understand the sensor sweep. Does it just show up people near the actual sensor, or near the area you target? It never seems to do anything for me anyway.
Edit: And also, any idea exactly what each comms channel does? I don't understand the difference between company chat, platoon broadcast, and that other one which isn't squad chat...Message Edited by stephenc87 on 24-09-2009 11:53 PM
I'm level 40 now and I can be OIC but they just stopped Domination so I cant do it
If you mean the points like ABCDEFGH then yea each platoon (4 total) is assigned 2 points so your first platoon would be assigned points A & B, 2nd platoon would be C & D etc. If you mean like which squad gets which bunkers before the attackers even reach the ABCDEFGH points then its just like it is on the map so your 1st platoon is on the bottom and theres 4 bunkers and there are 4 squads in a platoon so each squad gets a bunker at random but your not gonna have a squad in the 1st platoon spawn in a bunker where the 2nd platoon is. Does that make sense?
Do you mean the satellite sweep? or the sensor sweep that the squad leaders have I believe? I do know the satellite sweep shows every enemy on the map for a certain amount of time
As far as the channels if your a platoon leader company chat is the channel where you can talk to all the other platoon leaders and squad leaders, platoon broadcast I think is the channel where you can talk to every squad member in all 4 squads (they can hear your commands but you cant hear them) and I cant remember the last one lol
@Shadow King yes if you want it go ahead and if I can edit it I'll put it in there along with your name for helping
on 25-09-2009 12:14 AM
on 25-09-2009 12:22 AM
Yeah, I meant what squad gets what bunker at the start. I thought alpha squad would get the far left bunker and it'd work its way along them, but it does seem random. Wasn't sure if there was any method to the randomness or not. Like the other night, some squad kept losing their bunker and I didn't know what one it was to talk to them about it.
I know each platoon is together
As for the sensor thing, I can't remember it's exact name, but it's the other command ability that the defending platoon leader gets, the one that's not the gas. The description mentions it shows enemies near the defence network, but it doesn't really say what that network is
If any squad loses there bunker it will be greyed out indicating its been destroyed also if the enemy plants a charge at a bunker or AAA gun etc it will flash blue and red telling you charges where planted and you need to defuse them. So if your a platoon leader and one of the squad leaders keep saying there losing a bunker just pull up your map and if your in the 2nd platoon all of your squads bunkers will be on the left side of the map so you know right away which ever bunker is greyed out on the left side of the map is the bunker they keep losing
Ok I know what your talking about I think what that does is when you call it in its like a UAV sweep where it shows the enemeys in a certain radius if they are moving or shooting but if there standing still they will not appear kind of like one of the skills you can purchase