MAG

Sv: Re: where is everybody?

Yeah I know man.... I just finished lvl 40 on Valor... and now im working on Raven:smileyvery-happy: this is a realy fun game:smileywink:
Dont Fu*k With Shadow!
[img]http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/9630iD57730B52881C9DC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: where is everybody?

X-Convict wrote:
how come this last week or 2 mag has been almost dead i only see at max 300 on raven 180-225 on s.v.e.r., and 275ish on valor? what happened at peak it might go to 800 600 700, where as it used to  be over 1.2k per faction
Because it's a pile of garbage,,but the fanboys love it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

It's been quite hard to get a game as Valor tonight, at about 8 I went on, played one game, then tried to join another unsuccesfully for about 15 minutes, then at 8:45 it stopped letting me join a game at all :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I've kinda lost interest in this game since I've been playing it. After my hype and excitement died down, it felt like a average shooter. Great what they done with all the people in one game and the scale of the game. I will definitely rent the game, and maybe buy it depending on how the final product and community turns out.. I'll still play the Beta when I'm not playing other games, and keep reporting bugs though!!!
Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

What I see is that MAG is not rental games.. There's no mandatory storyline (at least not yet) singleplayer modes with fixed encounters that gives game play-once experience. Instead MAG is about making communities (Squads) and maintaining them, when you start to care about group success and teamwork MAG starts to grow a lot bigger game.
---
PS3 40Gb Metal Gear 4 bundle (upgraded to 320GB), Oblivion GotY, Folklore, MotorSorm, GTA IV, Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Shatter, Bomberman, NFS Shift. And MAG and Loving it :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (496 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

zonaw wrote:
What I see is that MAG is not rental games.. There's no mandatory storyline (at least not yet) singleplayer modes with fixed encounters that gives game play-once experience. Instead MAG is about making communities (Squads) and maintaining them, when you start to care about group success and teamwork MAG starts to grow a lot bigger game.

Spot on man! Even now in the beta we've managed to gather a good group of people together who would have probably never conversed otherwise, and who will probably continue to work together in the game once it is released proper.

Ha, it might sound silly to some of you but, I never knew the chat function existed until I got MAG beta and joined EFR. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (489 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

X-Convict wrote:
how come this last week or 2 mag has been almost dead i only see at max 300 on raven 180-225 on s.v.e.r., and 275ish on valor? what happened at peak it might go to 800 600 700, where as it used to  be over 1.2k per faction

Well, many people had numerous problems with PSN randomly disconnecting them over the past week, up to the point that they (and I :/ ) couldn't log on to MAG/PSN during peak hours. Looks like the "maintenance" didn't work out so good...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Personally i think the steep learning curve turns people off from this. Yes i know it's a beta but many games which are great but have a steep learning curve lose lots of players quickly (ETQW for example). For MAG to survive it needs to be made more accessible, people don't have the patience anymore to give a game time to grow.

IMO

:smileyhappy:

@ Cringles

I had the same, loved it at first, then passed that stage and it sorta died down, kept playing though and learnt more about the game, now love it to bits. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by CptSupermarket on 11-10-2009 09:54 AM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - CptSupermarket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

zonaw wrote:

Apparently quite a lot people don't bother playing at all.Afterall there's supposed to be over 20 thousand betacodes out there (30thou total?) by now.

On the other hand, there are people who rack 30-35 MAG hours/week (that's allmost all sessions possible).Don't want togive names but :smileyhappy:

Maybe they should of put something in place so that if you were lucky enough to get on the Beta trial (& a heads up b4 everyone else) you were required to play a minimum amount of time each week?

Then if you did'nt!!! you are effectivly black listed for the next game trial that comes along....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (460 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

yh but tht wldnt be fair because of the times some ppl CANNOT get on to play, think before u speak.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - extermin8or

Song of the Decade - Viva La Vida by Coldplay
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (454 Views)
0 Kudos