88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

where is everybody?

25 Replies 760 Views Created 07-10-2009
how come this last week or 2 mag has been almost dead i only see at max 300 on raven 180-225 on s.v.e.r., and 275ish on valor? what happened at peak it might go to 800 600 700, where as it used to  be over 1.2k per faction
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

cattons3

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cattons3
Accepted Solution
i never sen any faction with over 1k lol :D
0 Kudos

Re: where is everybody?

/16

zonaw

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zonaw
Accepted Solution

Apparently quite a lot people don't bother playing at all.Afterall there's supposed to be over 20 thousand betacodes out there (30thou total?) by now.

On the other hand, there are people who rack 30-35 MAG hours/week (that's allmost all sessions possible).Don't want togive names but :)

0 Kudos

---
PS3 40Gb Metal Gear 4 bundle (upgraded to 320GB), Oblivion GotY, Folklore, MotorSorm, GTA IV, Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Shatter, Bomberman, NFS Shift. And MAG and Loving it :D
/16

toolfan2007

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
toolfan2007
Accepted Solution

zonaw wrote:

Apparently quite a lot people don't bother playing at all.Afterall there's supposed to be over 20 thousand betacodes out there (30thou total?) by now.

On the other hand, there are people who rack 30-35 MAG hours/week (that's allmost all sessions possible).Don't want togive names but :)

I'm one of those who well not doesn't bother playing but can't get on, because of the shoddy server times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again if the sever times were more Weekend friendly then there would be alot more people on testing the beta.

I've gotten alot of people jumping down my throat giving out about me and other people "Moaning and being ungrateful".

I'm just giving my two cents.

0 Kudos

/16

casey-2pac

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
casey-2pac
Accepted Solution

as of 18:10 8th October 2009

there are

RAVEN: 256

SVER: 125

VALOR: 128

that sucks.. only like 1 game on.

Lol 

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

MinerWilly

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MinerWilly
Accepted Solution
I also agree about the server times (in UK anyway) , I work full time and often dont finish till after eight and then it isnt on at weekends . I have just tried to have a go and it asked me to do a 36 mb update (1.22 i believe) and then it did that install where it was doing the peer to peer business at an astonishingly slow speed ( the original took about 8-9 hours ! ) . I was keen on having a go today and now I have to leave PS3 on overnight to be able to get a game ! Thing is i work late tommorow and go to Ireland on Saturday so there is My MAG story for the week . Non to Productive all in all . Still i really like the game and have been able to play about 3-4 hours in 3 weeks of having this BETA !!! Thats crazy !
0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

zonaw wrote:

Maybe they should of put something in place so that if you were lucky enough to get on the Beta trial (& a heads up b4 everyone else) you were required to play a minimum amount of time each week?

Then if you did'nt!!! you are effectivly black listed for the next game trial that comes along....

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

extermin8or

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
extermin8or
Accepted Solution
yh but tht wldnt be fair because of the times some ppl CANNOT get on to play, think before u speak.

0 Kudos

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - extermin8or

Song of the Decade - Viva La Vida by Coldplay
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

extermin8or wrote:
yh but tht wldnt be fair because of the times some ppl CANNOT get on to play, think before u speak.

If ppl CANNOT get on to play then that may be a server issue that needs looking at (more servers)..

But if ppl are getting the codes to play then just not bothering to play!!!!

Then something needs to be done, when theres ppl out there that do want to help & contribute to the development of the game..

I suggest that you "Think before you speak" or look at the post as a whole & not just cherry pick the piece you want to moan about.....

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

zonaw

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zonaw
Accepted Solution

extermin8or wrote:

So why did the 15thousand or so people 'who cannot play' even apply to get Betacodes? Just for bragging rigths? It was known beforehand that game servers will not be available at 24/7 (even hours were mostly known in adwance), so if you can't play at designated time, don't even bother to appy for the code?

I do admit there's been considreable amount of difficulties with Mag playtimes (like Sony/zipped **** up wioth summer times and timezones) but the hours were set and servers (usually) up in announced times. 

0 Kudos

---
PS3 40Gb Metal Gear 4 bundle (upgraded to 320GB), Oblivion GotY, Folklore, MotorSorm, GTA IV, Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Shatter, Bomberman, NFS Shift. And MAG and Loving it :D
Beta Tester
/16

stephenc87

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stephenc87
Accepted Solution
I've hardly played since getting level 40, don't really have much incentive/reward for playing. I know it's a bit sad, but I prefer online games that do this, like Red Faction, Warhawk, COD.
Or I'll play with a group of friends.
0 Kudos

/16

zonaw

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zonaw
Accepted Solution

stephenc87 wrote:
I've hardly played since getting level 40, don't really have much incentive/reward for playing. I know it's a bit sad, but I prefer online games that do this, like Red Faction, Warhawk, COD.

Yep.. I see your point and I do admit that without EFR clan I might not be nearly so motivated spending these hours with MAG since I have also reached Lvl40 and highest leadership.rank.

Otoh, there are three PMC.s to level up, so techically there's 120 levels worth of gaming. :)

0 Kudos

---
/16

matty1209

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matty1209
Accepted Solution

stephenc87 wrote:

what a great beta tester. You have stopped testing and helping test the severs because you maxed out.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

stephenc87

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stephenc87
Accepted Solution

matty1209 wrote:

stephenc87 wrote:

what a great beta tester. You have stopped testing and helping test the severs because you maxed out.

Yes, I am a terrible person, I am going to hand in my badge.
0 Kudos

/16

jamacanbacon

74%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jamacanbacon
Accepted Solution

ive been on it since server opened today and ive been waitin 20 mins ,still no game

raven 255

sver 250

valor255

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution
That only telling you how many people are with you waiting for a game not how many are on ;)
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Shadow_1986

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shadow_1986
Accepted Solution
Yeah I know.....its not that many playing the Beta as it was in the begining..... and nerdlegend... to ur left in the loby u can see how many is waiting to join a server.. but to ur right down u can see how many who is playing... When I started playing it was over 1k Raven and 1k Valor.... hope more ppl is coming on at next wave:)
0 Kudos

Dont Fu*k With Shadow!
[img]http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/9630iD57730B52881C9DC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]
Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

Shadow_1986 wrote:
Yeah I know.....its not that many playing the Beta as it was in the begining..... and nerdlegend... to ur left in the loby u can see how many is waiting to join a server.. but to ur right down u can see how many who is playing... When I started playing it was over 1k Raven and 1k Valor.... hope more ppl is coming on at next wave:)

Ahhhh i never saw that :D , i was busy bug testing and killing......., And betas are the same less people over time people use them as demos etc or get bored :(

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Shadow_1986

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shadow_1986
Accepted Solution
Yeah I know man.... I just finished lvl 40 on Valor... and now im working on Raven:D this is a realy fun game;)
0 Kudos

Sv: Re: where is everybody?

Dont Fu*k With Shadow!
[img]http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/9630iD57730B52881C9DC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]
/16

vertago

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
vertago
Accepted Solution

X-Convict wrote:
how come this last week or 2 mag has been almost dead i only see at max 300 on raven 180-225 on s.v.e.r., and 275ish on valor? what happened at peak it might go to 800 600 700, where as it used to  be over 1.2k per faction
Because it's a pile of garbage,,but the fanboys love it.

0 Kudos

/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
atheistsw
Accepted Solution
It's been quite hard to get a game as Valor tonight, at about 8 I went on, played one game, then tried to join another unsuccesfully for about 15 minutes, then at 8:45 it stopped letting me join a game at all :(
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel