Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid

01 Jun 2012
By: Domino2097 Member 13324 Posts
Level 5

E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

[ Edited ]
39 Replies 241 Views edited 06-06-2012

Surprised SNS hasn't already posted this but here we go the Konami Pre-E3 show was last night and they showed a brand new trailer for Rising as well as another Mega64 skit featuring Raiden.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjv3wN-QZc

Click to visit my site.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

I love the trailer, refuse to watch the skit ;P

Ofcourse I'd probably love a brand new more traditional MGS game over Rising Revengance, which is what I shall forever call it but as a big fan of Platinum I knew they wouldn't let me down and this trailer just seems to reaffirm my believe that it'll turn out like some sort of Bayonetta/Vanquish hybrid and both of them are phenomanal games so it's looking good.

I hoped it'd be out this year though, but if the delay makes it better then that's not a bad thing

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I don't know... Cy-bald looks a bit cheesy and humourless in comparison to the iconic MGS villains like Volgin and Ocelot.

Also, I totally had to pause that video to make sure that black haired Cyborg was Vamp as he looked a bit like a woman at first. XD
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I like this trailer but I want a good explanation for why we have to put up with Vamp again.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I absolutely love the MGS series, but Rising: Revengeance looks more like absolute tripe the more I see of it. I've really tried to get exited about it, but it's presentation just seems way over the top and cheesy to me.

I really hope Platinum prove me wrong on this one. Maybe i'm just not the target audience.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

If you love the MGS series maybe the MGRising Series isn't for you. : /
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yeah, it's going to be a huge departure for the fans. So maybe just skip this one and wait for the next "proper" game in the series.

It looks good, after the last trailer I had my doubts, but this looks better and it looks fun. Looking forward to seeing some more gameplay footage from E3.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I DON'T want to cut a helicopter right down the middle and let the two halves blow up while posing...
Y'all already know I like my Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta style games. I just don't like Vamp... that's my beef with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Domino2097 wrote:

Surprised SNS hasn't already posted this but here we go the Konami Pre-E3 show was last night and they showed a brand new trailer for Rising as well as another Mega64 skit featuring Raiden.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjv3wN-QZc

That's because I was out all day yesterday. :smileytongue:

I did however see the trailer on my mobile (not being able to completely hear the audio though) after I saw it mentioned on IGN which I then remembered that it was Konami's Pre-E3 Show that morning. (Think it was 6am for us.)

Anyway watched it again and still same thoughts as when I watched on mobile, the trailer definitely helps the game look better imo.

I still believe there will be the quick time events (like at 2:50) which as I said about the other trailer, parts remind me of Vanquish a lot.

I would have liked to have seen what the game would have been like had Platinum Games not taken over but ah well.

Also this game is still a spin-off right? And is that actually Vamp then?

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

He has a beard and looks a bit like a woman so it's probably a safe assumption that it is Vamp.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Kudos