03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

[ Edited ]
39 Replies 369 Views edited 06-06-2012

Surprised SNS hasn't already posted this but here we go the Konami Pre-E3 show was last night and they showed a brand new trailer for Rising as well as another Mega64 skit featuring Raiden.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjv3wN-QZc

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

I love the trailer, refuse to watch the skit ;P

Ofcourse I'd probably love a brand new more traditional MGS game over Rising Revengance, which is what I shall forever call it but as a big fan of Platinum I knew they wouldn't let me down and this trailer just seems to reaffirm my believe that it'll turn out like some sort of Bayonetta/Vanquish hybrid and both of them are phenomanal games so it's looking good.

I hoped it'd be out this year though, but if the delay makes it better then that's not a bad thing

0 Kudos

Re: E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
I don't know... Cy-bald looks a bit cheesy and humourless in comparison to the iconic MGS villains like Volgin and Ocelot.

Also, I totally had to pause that video to make sure that black haired Cyborg was Vamp as he looked a bit like a woman at first. XD
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I like this trailer but I want a good explanation for why we have to put up with Vamp again.
0 Kudos

/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

I absolutely love the MGS series, but Rising: Revengeance looks more like absolute tripe the more I see of it. I've really tried to get exited about it, but it's presentation just seems way over the top and cheesy to me.

I really hope Platinum prove me wrong on this one. Maybe i'm just not the target audience.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
If you love the MGS series maybe the MGRising Series isn't for you. : /
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
Yeah, it's going to be a huge departure for the fans. So maybe just skip this one and wait for the next "proper" game in the series.

It looks good, after the last trailer I had my doubts, but this looks better and it looks fun. Looking forward to seeing some more gameplay footage from E3.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I'm not going to sit here and pretend I DON'T want to cut a helicopter right down the middle and let the two halves blow up while posing...
Y'all already know I like my Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta style games. I just don't like Vamp... that's my beef with it.
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Domino2097 wrote:

Surprised SNS hasn't already posted this but here we go the Konami Pre-E3 show was last night and they showed a brand new trailer for Rising as well as another Mega64 skit featuring Raiden.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjv3wN-QZc

That's because I was out all day yesterday. :p

I did however see the trailer on my mobile (not being able to completely hear the audio though) after I saw it mentioned on IGN which I then remembered that it was Konami's Pre-E3 Show that morning. (Think it was 6am for us.)

Anyway watched it again and still same thoughts as when I watched on mobile, the trailer definitely helps the game look better imo.

I still believe there will be the quick time events (like at 2:50) which as I said about the other trailer, parts remind me of Vanquish a lot.

I would have liked to have seen what the game would have been like had Platinum Games not taken over but ah well.

Also this game is still a spin-off right? And is that actually Vamp then?

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
He has a beard and looks a bit like a woman so it's probably a safe assumption that it is Vamp.
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Haha! Well I'm still not sure... I mean he went from looking like this:

To this?

I'd perhaps agree if it was a younger Vamp haha and I was going to say that he doesn't have the bullethole scar on his forehead but now that I'm looking... I think you kinda can see it?

Also speaking of scars... I've only just noticed he has a scar going down his face...

Hm... I dunno, maybe? Who knows, maybe it's a clone of Vamp? Haha. =P

0 Kudos

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

Exactly, just because it looks a bit like Vamp doesn't mean it is him, or could be a clone or brother or hey, maybe it is him and he's just aged/got younger a wee bit somehow or had a character redesign.

I don't think it realy matters atall though. There are probably some people out there who love the stories in Platinum games but I even as a big fan of Platinum can confirm that they are ***** and completely secondary to any gameplay. I love MGS and I wouldn't want it's story ruined or messed around with or whatever but I'm totally willing to treat this as it's own little project that just so happens to have Raiden in the lead role. They can do what they like story wise and I won't mind atall, aslong as it plays well and is fun.

Read some concerns earlier that it might not have humour, and hey, maybe it won't but both Bayonetta and Vanquish sure did have some quirky and funny stuff happen in a similar style to some of the jokes MGS has made. After those live action teasers I understand the concern though, they were awful

Also, is that supposed to be Roy Cambell doing the voiceover? To me it sounds like a different voice actor but just the way that he speaks and his style is very Cambell-esque,,,, what if it's Ai Cambell from MGS2 and it's all just a VR mission :p SCISSORS 69!

Also I wonder if it still has an online mode of some sort, it was said a long time ago while Konami were still doing it that it would but I reckon they probably regret saying that and it won't have one. Probably online scoreboards with you getting a score awarded after every level/area though

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I wonder if we play as any 'other Raidens' as in, young Raiden and freshly modded Raiden... the trailer shows a few versions of him and finally the eye damage+bandana version. It'd be nice if the story spans a long time frame, or even all of the MGS story.
Maybe it's that story people wanted after MGS4, they wanted to know what happened in between 2 and 4... did he willingly upgrade his body? did he get shot up to hell and need the Ninja make over?
I hope it can be related to MGS enough to make it feel like it belongs, but at the same time I want it to be different from MGS in a way that makes it it's own.
Like Mario and Mario Kart, same universe doing different stuff. XD
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

It would be good if one day Kojima did still make a game to set place in between MGS2 and MGS4.

The_Tenia wrote:

Also I wonder if it still has an online mode of some sort, it was said a long time ago while Konami were still doing it that it would but I reckon they probably regret saying that and it won't have one. Probably online scoreboards with you getting a score awarded after every level/area though

Like Vanquish, that had scoreboards or something didn't it?

Oh and btw the guy doing the stabbing at 1:18 is clearly Fatman haha. :p

0 Kudos

Twitter

/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution

Yeah it's definitly not a Younger Vamp since Platinum said during the E3 Pre Show that the game takes place in 2023.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
I'm pretty sure it's just "different artwork Vamp".
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
I'd be surprised if the resemblance was just coincidence, maybe a son or clone or something, out to get revenge, or perhaps it is vamp and he's used some crazy vampiric voodoo to make himself younger.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
Am I right in assuming Vamp and Naomi DIED when their age+disease halting nanomachines were disabled by the jabs they got/took?
If he died in 4 how can he be alive in 2023? Is this why they put Xs in the dates so we're never sure?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
Yeah, the injection that Vamp took in MGS4 was able to kill him and render his nanomachines useless.

It could be one of those Frank Jaeger deals where he's been revived after death and had large parts of his body replaced with a cyborg exoskeleton. Though I kind of hoped they've let him rest as he had some resolution in MGS4, but he's the only real antagonist of Raiden's that can be realistically be brought back (since Solidus was burnt to a crisp).
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

Solidus' body was at the feet of the Washington Statue one moment and then gone the next... and burned to a crisp? Try Big Boss, Solid Snake had to sort him out a few times.
But Vamp, we saw him stop breathing after convulsions and what not then the base collapsed when Snake and Raiden...and the MK2, fled in REX. Not to mention Shadow Moses Island was sinking into the sea thanks to global warming.

I'm not dead set against Vamp for any reason, but if it's him in this new game, set after MGS4... then they better explain why.. with a better reason than 'this is a separate adventure to MGS'.

EDIT:

@Sickboy
Yeah, my posts read like I am a Vamp hater, but I am still annoyed about why they never explained Fortune's ability to deflect missles AFTER she had her magnets disabled.. and now this? They used to TRY to answer things for us.. that's what MGS4 was meant to be, answers to the questions and resolution. But yeah, sounds like I am getting worked up over it. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

MrGarry2u wrote:

Yeah, my posts read like I am a Vamp hater, but I am still annoyed about why they never explained Fortune's ability to deflect missles AFTER she had her magnets disabled.. and now this? They used to TRY to answer things for us.. that's what MGS4 was meant to be, answers to the questions and resolution. But yeah, sounds like I am getting worked up over it. 

Fair enough, the way I see that is that there doesn't need to be an explanation for Fortunes abililty to deflect missiles after her magnets disabled because it's a work of fiction and that moment was just a nice wee symbolic thing of 'Wow, she was lucky afterall' type thing you know. Although if an explanation is what you want then there's a possibility that that device someow reacted with nanomachines within her body during the time it was on her and so they perhaps evolved to give her that ability,,, even just temporarily perhaps cos its not like she does live for long after it's taken off of her.

It's cool though, we all see things differently.

SPOILER WARNING EDIT - In MGS1 Liquid survives a Helicopter crash, and falling off of Metal Gear and Stinger missiles to the face when he's in Metal Gear and a car crash, in MGS3 Big Boss gets shot in the eye and doesnt get medical treatment yet is totally fine, in MGS4 a man essentially walks through a massive microwave and is fine, I don't think we can realy get too caught up in the explanations xD

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel