03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

[ Edited ]
39 Replies 361 Views edited 06-06-2012

Surprised SNS hasn't already posted this but here we go the Konami Pre-E3 show was last night and they showed a brand new trailer for Rising as well as another Mega64 skit featuring Raiden.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjv3wN-QZc

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
Yeah, Solidus' body was definitely burned.

In MGS4 his body (or what remains of it after all of the surgery that's performed on it) is used as a decoy for Big Boss' and its burned when Vamp (?) throws it on the burning wreckage of Meryl's boat. It's just before the part where Snake saves Eva from the flames, but burns the left side of his face in the process.

*knows too much useless stuff*
0 Kudos

Re: E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I was forgetting 4 when I made that post huh, lol. In my mind he was missing... lol
Wasn't till 4 we saw him in cling-film.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

Anyone else watching E3 stuff live over at gametrailers.com?

Was just a playthrough of a section of Rising Revengeance and it looks pretty good. The slick combat that Platinum are known for along with some Metal Gear quirks, ie the alert sounds and cardboard boxes.

Im sure it'll be on youtube or whatever soon

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/731045

It looks okay, but I still don't know how I feel about a Metal Gear game where I'm basically being forced to kill the enemy. I know that was basically Raiden's thing in MGS4 though I prefer the traditional MGS style of play.

Speaking of stealth, I saw the Splinter Cell demo shown at the Microsoft conference and it just seemed really dumb to me. It's like the lead designer of that game just slammed a copy of Uncharted 3 onto the board meeting table and basically told everyone to make that. I'm not a fan of Splinter Cell's "hide in the dark of corner of a room to progress" style of play, but it just looks like the Tom Clancy games are all just converging into the same game template now.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
The best game I played with Sam Fisher in it was HAWX1. His team were mentioned in my mission...

I've seen the video of Rising now where that Keighley guy acts all awkward with the developers and we see Raiden do a stealth kill and an impression of Yoshimitsu at the same time.. .then cut the tree down which then disappears, which I didn't like.
The game looks ok though apart from that. I expect if I play it I'll be very much a one-chop-then-grab-the-blue-thing kind of player... saving my slice'n'dice stuff for when it forces me to. I got bored of it in Afro Samurai.
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Just watched it and erm, yeah... Wasn't that impressed with it...

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
A few plot details are revealed in this video, but nothing that could be considered as spoilers.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58828/official-e3-preview-of-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

So.............. (highlight to read possible spoilers) he's  had all his cyborg stuff upgraded sine MGS4? I still think overall the games gonna turn out realy good, but it worried me a little when the guy in the video said there's going to be surprise appearances from certain characters. I almost think the further the game distances itself from Metal Gear in everything other than name then the more it'll be accepted, but hey, still looking good

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/731915

Another interview, except this time they've revealed that the black haired Cyborg is not Vamp so I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. They could have used a different character design for him though :Shame:.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
At least they addressed my two complaints, it's not all chopping stuff, and it's not vamp.
I'll probably buy it to see exactly how Raiden is as a character. These recent trailers are showing him not speak much and walking around looking badass and moody... but remember back to those teasers where he was all about 'Letting one rip' etc lol
I hope they strike a balance of Badassery and humour if they do add joke-i-ness....
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

I didn't think it was Vamp but I suppose we now know for certain.

In a way it's kind of a shame that they confirmed it now whereas we could have played and found out, although to most people that may have been seen as disappointing when they find out it's not Vamp...

Anyway, during all the interviews I've seen it's like even themselves don't fully believe in the game completely.

For me it's not about what type of game it is, I'm fine with that. It's just that I think the original version of Rising looked better.

Also just who is buying Rising then? I'm still not sure... I've got it on pre-order though still since 2009. XD

I would like to try out a demo first.

Also the ending of that video, why do I think I recall hearing that originally it was going to have Move Support? XD

Or maybe it was just rumored to have Move Support?

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

I think they believe in the game, but they act like we're not ready for it yet. They know about all the 'it isn't sneaking so it's not metal gear' haters. To me they felt very "This game is happening whether you whine or not".

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Cylon_Surfer

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cylon_Surfer
Accepted Solution

Did Raiden not have his Cyborg implants removed at the end of MGS:4?

I thought this game was to take place between MGS:2 and MGS:4 to explain how Raiden went from his MGS:2 Radien self to the Cyborg Ninja we see in MGS:4... 2023 - Guess not then :(

Still, I love a decent hack and slash (DMC, Ninja Gaiden etc) so I still wanna give this a whirl.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

Nah he had his combat body replaced with a more civilian model of robot body. You can still see the seams and the screw heads in his skin...

I don't think you CAN remove all the robo-bits now because you sacrifice human bits for them.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
Yeah, Raiden played too much Soul Sacrifice.

/16

Loco311

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Loco311
Accepted Solution

SolidNinjaSnake wrote:

For me it's not about what type of game it is, I'm fine with that. It's just that I think the original version of Rising looked better.

Also just who is buying Rising then? I'm still not sure... I've got it on pre-order though still since 2009. XD

I think you hit the nail on the head, the concept, the setting the new gameplay direction and the plot hole filler all looked fantastic. The first trailer was really good as well, on the strength of that I would almost definitely have preordered it. Not now though, although in all fairness, the gameplay looks a little more mature and less cheesy than I had expected.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I'll get Rising but I wont get MGS5
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

MrGarry2u wrote:
Am I right in assuming Vamp and Naomi DIED when their age+disease halting nanomachines were disabled by the jabs they got/took?
If he died in 4 how can he be alive in 2023? Is this why they put Xs in the dates so we're never sure?

Even if Snake turned up with a Stinger missile while doing backflips I wouldn't mind anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old but I can't realy be bothered getting uptight about stuff anymore, maybe if MGS5 comes out in a couple of years and it does horrible things with characters and a universe I've grown to love I'll throw a tantrum but I've come to accept this is just a pure non canon spin off and I think all my fellow MGS fans will probably also enjoy it more if they do the same.

(totally not saying you're throwing a tantrum btw, just read that back and it seems implied but I cba wording things different, just, you know what I mean yeah? just my view on things)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

AAMIRSHAHPK

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAMIRSHAHPK