Level 9

Re: E3 Metal Gear Rising Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/731915

Another interview, except this time they've revealed that the black haired Cyborg is not Vamp so I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. They could have used a different character design for him though :Shame:.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

At least they addressed my two complaints, it's not all chopping stuff, and it's not vamp.
I'll probably buy it to see exactly how Raiden is as a character. These recent trailers are showing him not speak much and walking around looking badass and moody... but remember back to those teasers where he was all about 'Letting one rip' etc lol
I hope they strike a balance of Badassery and humour if they do add joke-i-ness....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I didn't think it was Vamp but I suppose we now know for certain.

In a way it's kind of a shame that they confirmed it now whereas we could have played and found out, although to most people that may have been seen as disappointing when they find out it's not Vamp...

Anyway, during all the interviews I've seen it's like even themselves don't fully believe in the game completely.

For me it's not about what type of game it is, I'm fine with that. It's just that I think the original version of Rising looked better.

Also just who is buying Rising then? I'm still not sure... I've got it on pre-order though still since 2009. XD

I would like to try out a demo first.

Also the ending of that video, why do I think I recall hearing that originally it was going to have Move Support? XD

Or maybe it was just rumored to have Move Support?

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I think they believe in the game, but they act like we're not ready for it yet. They know about all the 'it isn't sneaking so it's not metal gear' haters. To me they felt very "This game is happening whether you whine or not".

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Did Raiden not have his Cyborg implants removed at the end of MGS:4?

I thought this game was to take place between MGS:2 and MGS:4 to explain how Raiden went from his MGS:2 Radien self to the Cyborg Ninja we see in MGS:4... 2023 - Guess not then :smileysad:

Still, I love a decent hack and slash (DMC, Ninja Gaiden etc) so I still wanna give this a whirl.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Nah he had his combat body replaced with a more civilian model of robot body. You can still see the seams and the screw heads in his skin...

I don't think you CAN remove all the robo-bits now because you sacrifice human bits for them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Yeah, Raiden played too much Soul Sacrifice.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (147 Views)
Level 5

SolidNinjaSnake wrote:

For me it's not about what type of game it is, I'm fine with that. It's just that I think the original version of Rising looked better.

Also just who is buying Rising then? I'm still not sure... I've got it on pre-order though still since 2009. XD

I think you hit the nail on the head, the concept, the setting the new gameplay direction and the plot hole filler all looked fantastic. The first trailer was really good as well, on the strength of that I would almost definitely have preordered it. Not now though, although in all fairness, the gameplay looks a little more mature and less cheesy than I had expected.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40 (129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I'll get Rising but I wont get MGS5
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40 (126 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1