04 Apr 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

MGO Revival?

[ Edited ]
193 Replies 1,484 Views edited 15-04-2011

Hey guys,

I'm wondering, do you think we should try and "revive" MGO?

With the recent changes, and with comments across the net that the game is now much more "cheat free", I'm pretty keen on getting back on MGO. It's still my favourite sneak em up,  and I'd love to get community members back online.

I even have a feeling that most fans will still have a copy of the game - it's not one that you are quick to trade in.

So - do you think it's possible? Would you back me up in getting people online?

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 194 (1,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: MGO Revival?

If I had a working PS3, I'd be all too glad to help out as I was starting to play it regularly again after the last update. Maybe you could use your contacts to hook me up with a new console... heh. :smileytongue:

To be honest I don't think you'll notice many improvements as the patch was mainly introduced to combat lag switching (it's still possible though it's been made harder), animation lag is a still a bit of an issue and I don't thing there's been many network improvements for people with "problem" connections (i.e. not being able to host, having high ping for inexplicable reasons).

Still, they did introduce some unique character skill changes such as degrading Raiden's toughness skill to 1 (sword vs. shield battles aren't so unbalanced now) and Snake now has box movement 3 complete with box tackle (that last change makes the game infinitely better by itself :smileyhappy:). Those character changes are expansion pack specific though so they're probably irrelevant for any fun nights.

You could probably lure a few of the forum regulars back to the game, but I probably won't be picking up a new PS3 until White Knight Chronicles 2 is released.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 194 (1,470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Forgot my various chain of log-ins required for that game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 194 (1,464 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would join in. =)
メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 194 (1,435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'm with you :smileywink: Take me a shout when you are ready 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 194 (1,429 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If a night gets sorted and it's a night I'm not working then I'd be totally up for it.

I do keep meaning to play a bit of MGO for old times sake but just never get around to it and never see anyone else on to give me incentive to join them. It'd be good

Oh, and does anyone know when White Knight Chronicles 2 is out? Yes I could use Google but that's just dull and I wanna know when that Pigeon gets back online

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 194 (1,419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'd like to give it a go. I can't see it being a barrel of laughs thought with my connection.
 photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 194 (1,405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

The_Tenia wrote:

If a night gets sorted and it's a night I'm not working then I'd be totally up for it.

I do keep meaning to play a bit of MGO for old times sake but just never get around to it and never see anyone else on to give me incentive to join them. It'd be good

Oh, and does anyone know when White Knight Chronicles 2 is out? Yes I could use Google but that's just dull and I wanna know when that Pigeon gets back online

It doesn't have a release date yet, but it could be out in May. Depends if the localistation has been affected by the Japanese earthquake, sloth.

Anyway, I have noticed over the past few months that Muster has been acting pretty nostalgic about the codec system in...

"Urgh my..."

"Urgh my..."

"Urgh my..." "GAKO!!"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 194 (1,388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Been beat by Muster again. :smileysad:

In all seriousness, I was planning a MGO fun night in the next few weeks, was just trying to find a time that I would have been free, that also would have seen a fair turn out.

Im all up for a reunion fun night, after the few games last month with Surreal. Some issues do seem to have been resolved, and we ended up playing for a few hours. I was actually going to make a thead last week about a fun night, but it was just trying to organise a night where I would actually be able to have made it myself! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 194 (1,359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I tried to sign into the MGO store using what I thought was my ID and Pass, but I'm having trouble.
My first post was a bit dismissive but what I meant to say was, if I can get my log ins back I might consider it. I've gotten better at over shoulder shooters since back when I played MGO, I like to think.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 194 (1,350 Views)
0 Kudos