97%
04 Rank
Progress

MGS HD Collection

[ Edited ]
556 Replies 2,280 Views edited 06-10-2012
03 Jun 2011
By Hyperguy20

METAL GEAR SOLID: The HD Collection is out now for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita!

This is the thread to discuss all things HD Collection related!

We would love to hear your stories, feedback, hints and tips and anything else.

Happy posting! :catvery-happy:

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
Incredibly glad this is finally on the horizon... Never played MGS3 :( Think I'll go through MGS1 in October n prepare to play all 5 in a row!
0 Kudos

Re: MGS HD collection confirmed. But wait theres more........

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

metallicorphan

96%
03 Rank
Progress
metallicorphan
Accepted Solution

The_Tenia wrote:

metallicorphan wrote:

damn shame the Theme music wont be in this collection,especially the MGS2 intro music

How come? As in how come that theme music won't be in it? There some sort of dispute with Harry Gregson Williams?

no its the MGS therme that is the problem,it turned out it was ripped off from some russian composer(not Harry Gregson Williams fault)

watch these few videos...broke my heart,it really did,i consider the MGS theme the best in video games,and i would of loved to of punched that fat guy showing Hideo the CD in the first video,LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTcNUoxCmHI

this is the full theme(Russian Composer version),to make matters worse it was written for a Russian Movie named 'Metel'(definitely sounds similar at 1:40-2:00 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL4JXEv-RY&feature=related

and here is the brilliant MGS2 intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHYh02uCCJo&feature=related

0 Kudos

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SephirothGod

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
SephirothGod
Accepted Solution

I think they'll leave it in tbh, since the PSN release of MGS1 still had it and that was after the dispute.  I'm sure the legal thing probably only prevents them from putting in their new games and since this is technically just remake and  not an entirely new game I reckon they'll leave it in. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
10 Rank
Progress
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution
Ah this topic got moved into the MGS section eh?
Hopefully they leave the theme in, I didn't really think about it tbh.
0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Ooooh what a surprise. People being fanboys and DrTrouserPlank saying how awful MGS is :Lol:

Leave it where it was and don't bring threads like this to the MGS section please. :P
0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Deano2087

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Deano2087
Accepted Solution

Imo MGS is one of the best sequeled games ever made. The graphics are always second to none and they put so much effort into telling a story unlike most games nowadays.

Though i don't think i will get it as i already own MSG4, MGS3 though good, was my least favourite so that makes it pointless buying it just for MGS2. If number 1 was included i would probably consider.

Though im really intrigued by ZOE. Still awaiting more info on number 3 :)

0 Kudos

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

MGS1 - Played the japanese version, barley understanding what I had to do. Got the PAL version later, fell in love with the characters, played the hell out of it.

MGS2 - I'd just bought a PS2, and I was playing the demo disc of Smackdown Just Bring it... and my brother came home and threw MGS2 Sons of Liberty to me and said "YOU like that don't you?"

MGS3 - I bought this game and played the hell out of it, on a small Phillips portable at first, having to strain to see things. Eventually got a 26" JVC and played ALL the MGS games again.

MGS4 - The first playthrough was a rollercoaster of OMGs and WTFs... even though I didn't agree with the over shoulder decision.

I don't think I will experience the same feelings if I just played them all again in HD. I am scared that future metal gears will lose their way further. I just felt I had to justify my recent posts in other sections about how I am 'bored of' MGS.

0 Kudos

Re: MGS HD cash in confirmed. But wait theres more...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hyperguy20

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Hyperguy20
Accepted Solution
Tbf. It is a cash in. But it's gonna sell well, and people want it so why not?
0 Kudos

Re: MGS HD cash in confirmed. But wait theres more...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution

I just read an article about this on andriasang and it seems like the Japanese version of Peace Walker HD will include a DLC voucher for the PSP version and the MGS2/MGS3 compilation will have a download code for MGS1 (both exclusive to PS3 obviously). I doubt we'll get the Peace Walker download voucher in the EU release as well since the HD version is being packaged with the HD compilation, though there's probably a good chance of us having the free MGS1 download or a half-price code like Square Enix do.

It seems like they'll release the MGS2 and MGS3 HD remakes separately on the PSN and XBLA stores. Peace Walker HD also supports up to 6 players just like the PSP version did (2-6 competitive, 1-4 co-op) so at this point it seems like a strong bet that it supports online servers on both platforms, but how matchmaking will work is anyone's guess.

The English Koji-Pro website isn't available at the moment so there's no concrete details on the US/EU releases. :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
I just thought I'd post again now that the English portion of the Koji-Pro website has been updated as it reveals a few more details about the HD collection: http://www.konami.com/officialsites/kjpe3/hd_mgs.php

The most interesting titbits reveal that the Peace Walker HD version can be played in 1080p resolution (it doesn't say whether it's naturally 1080P or upscaled res. like MGS4 was), the Western PS3 release will also include a download voucher for the PSP version (no mention of MGS1 being included as well) and that both MGS2 and 3 will be upscaled to 720p and run at 60fps.

Still no confirmation of the price or whether MGS2 will be the original or Substance version.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
If think I'd have made Twin Snakes HD and released that on the collection. We know it's not as cool as the PSOne version but it's closer in appearance and engine to 2 and 3. Would have been nice.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

koolkid201

96%
06 Rank
Progress
koolkid201
Accepted Solution
Twin snakes was mediocre though. The levels in MGS1 weren't designed for first person shooting. The game was much easier. Cutscenes were Matrix-esque, although Grey fox destroying the ray dome was awesome. The voice acting wasn't as good as the PS1 version. It's a very different game, has a different feel to the original, the music completely changed and it didn't feel as cinematic as the original in my opinion.

I hear that the Japanese version will sell PW and MGS2/3 separately, and the European and North American versions will have all three in one set.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
Yeah I liked the PSOne version better, but out of that and Twin Snakes, I'd like to play Twin Snakes in HD.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheOrion

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
TheOrion
Accepted Solution
ZOE collection is an instant buy for me. :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

DANTE234

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
DANTE234
Accepted Solution

I will probably get the zoe collection as I liked no1, but never played 2

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
10 Rank
Progress
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Twin Snakes ftw but I will agree about the music and some of the cutscenes being a bit OTT. (Fox near the end though is just brilliant. =P)

Voice acting I think some of it is better in Twin Snakes but meh.

Either way it's a good game.

I was going to say that the HD Collection should have been Twin Snakes, MGS2 and MGS3.

Then if Nintendo have any problems about other consoles getting Twin Snakes, they can just put the HD Collection on their console! :D

Of course it would be on the new console their doing but that then may be the best version out of them all. =o

Also this news on a voucher for MGS1, I'm assuming the PSN yes?

Too bad I already bought it off the Store. XD

But that is pretty good for us PlayStation owners to get something exclusive I guess, as well as "transfarring."

Edit: Does anyone think that they should have added 3D into it too?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
Who knows, Kojima Productions like to use ALL the features of a console, and in my opinion the PSP-Solid Eye was cool!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

koolkid201

96%
06 Rank
Progress
koolkid201
Accepted Solution
MGS3 will run at 60fps :D

I'll also be buying the ZOE collection. I've only borrowed the first one, so I can't wait :Gr8:
0 Kudos

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
10 Rank
Progress
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Oh yeah and with the discussions about which version they'll use, for example SOL or Substance, I think it will be the Substance version BUT without the extra stuff like VR Missions.
I only say that because I remember they improved the Thermal Goggles in Substance or something.
Who knows, they may not bother and just go with SOL and downgrade. XD

Also now could be their chance to fix some things but they wont. (Or more of shouldn't?)
For example the mix up with Liquids Voice and Ocelots Voice and that it was meant to be Ocelots voice used all the time.
But hey I'm not complaining, Liquid ftw! :D

Also I know I said I would like to see a trailer showing off the HD Collection, but I had another thought...
What if they REDID the past trailers for the games with the footage from the HD Collection? That'd be cool. :D

If there is some sort of trailer, it wouldn't be a surprise if they compared it back to the PS2 versions, you know side by side.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

koolkid201

96%
06 Rank
Progress
koolkid201
Accepted Solution
Yeah, in sons of liberty, the goggles were infrared goggles. But in Substance, they were thermal goggles.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I liked the red ones better.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel