Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: MGS HD collection confirmed. But wait theres more........

Twin snakes was mediocre though. The levels in MGS1 weren't designed for first person shooting. The game was much easier. Cutscenes were Matrix-esque, although Grey fox destroying the ray dome was awesome. The voice acting wasn't as good as the PS1 version. It's a very different game, has a different feel to the original, the music completely changed and it didn't feel as cinematic as the original in my opinion.

I hear that the Japanese version will sell PW and MGS2/3 separately, and the European and North American versions will have all three in one set.

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 557 (418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yeah I liked the PSOne version better, but out of that and Twin Snakes, I'd like to play Twin Snakes in HD.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 557 (403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

ZOE collection is an instant buy for me. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 557 (520 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I will probably get the zoe collection as I liked no1, but never played 2

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 557 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Twin Snakes ftw but I will agree about the music and some of the cutscenes being a bit OTT. (Fox near the end though is just brilliant. =P)

Voice acting I think some of it is better in Twin Snakes but meh.

Either way it's a good game.

I was going to say that the HD Collection should have been Twin Snakes, MGS2 and MGS3.

Then if Nintendo have any problems about other consoles getting Twin Snakes, they can just put the HD Collection on their console! :smileyvery-happy:

Of course it would be on the new console their doing but that then may be the best version out of them all. =o

Also this news on a voucher for MGS1, I'm assuming the PSN yes?

Too bad I already bought it off the Store. XD

But that is pretty good for us PlayStation owners to get something exclusive I guess, as well as "transfarring."

Edit: Does anyone think that they should have added 3D into it too?

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 557 (506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Who knows, Kojima Productions like to use ALL the features of a console, and in my opinion the PSP-Solid Eye was cool!
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 557 (500 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

MGS3 will run at 60fps :smileyvery-happy:

I'll also be buying the ZOE collection. I've only borrowed the first one, so I can't wait :Gr8:

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 557 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah and with the discussions about which version they'll use, for example SOL or Substance, I think it will be the Substance version BUT without the extra stuff like VR Missions.
I only say that because I remember they improved the Thermal Goggles in Substance or something.
Who knows, they may not bother and just go with SOL and downgrade. XD

Also now could be their chance to fix some things but they wont. (Or more of shouldn't?)
For example the mix up with Liquids Voice and Ocelots Voice and that it was meant to be Ocelots voice used all the time.
But hey I'm not complaining, Liquid ftw! :smileyvery-happy:

Also I know I said I would like to see a trailer showing off the HD Collection, but I had another thought...
What if they REDID the past trailers for the games with the footage from the HD Collection? That'd be cool. :smileyvery-happy:

If there is some sort of trailer, it wouldn't be a surprise if they compared it back to the PS2 versions, you know side by side.

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 557 (480 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yeah, in sons of liberty, the goggles were infrared goggles. But in Substance, they were thermal goggles.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 557 (473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I liked the red ones better.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 557 (469 Views)
0 Kudos