By ocelot07

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

My Metal Gear Solid HD Collector's Edition arrived today.

13 Replies 510 Views Created 31-01-2012

I got the normal copy for Christmas via import. I completely forgot I ordered this until a few days ago. I tried to cancel it but Zavvi said it has been sent. But today it arrived in a big box. Before I opened the brown box I thought its pretty big for a standard tin game.

I opened it up and the game comes in a pretty big cardboard box. Who has the Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition? It is around 2 in a half sizes bigger than that. What also surprised me is they also threw in MGS4 standalone game as well.

Am going to keep this collector's edition but not open it. As there is only 8000 made and its only available from Zavvi.co.uk.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution

Good idea. Keep the collectors edition for the future and eventually send it to somebody you really really hate.

0 Kudos

Re: My Metal Gear Solid HD Collector's Edition arrived today.

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

Don't suppose you fancy selling it to a home where it will be loved and be treated real nice?

0 Kudos

/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

Hang on, is it this one?

I thought they all sold out? Looks like it's in stock?

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
That is the one yer. There was only suppose to be 4000 made but got upped to 8000.
0 Kudos

/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

Do you know if you got a download code of MGS1 included?

Was the additional copy of MGS4 mentioned when you ordered? I'm thinking it was  included with the initial batch of preorders, but something i'm going to miss out on if I order now.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
86%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

Thats a nice edition you've got yourself there Ocelot, im a sucker for collectors editions. :smileywink:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
91%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I don't really get all the fuss about mgs, what is it people love about it?

I got bored when I played peace walker, played the first one years ago and didn't get into it. Should I give it another go or is it a bit of a "love it or hate it" kind of thing?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:
I don't really get all the fuss about mgs, what is it people love about it?

I got bored when I played peace walker, played the first one years ago and didn't get into it. Should I give it another go or is it a bit of a "love it or hate it" kind of thing?

Only if your other hobbies include sipping vomit and curating dog turds.
0 Kudos

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

I got the normal copy for Christmas via import. I completely forgot I ordered this until a few days ago. I tried to cancel it but Zavvi said it has been sent. But today it arrived in a big box. Before I opened the brown box I thought its pretty big for a standard tin game.

I opened it up and the game comes in a pretty big cardboard box. Who has the Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition? It is around 2 in a half sizes bigger than that. What also surprised me is they also threw in MGS4 standalone game as well.

Am going to keep this collector's edition but not open it. As there is only 8000 made and its only available from Zavvi.co.uk.

I've ordered it too! Hoping it arrives today- I didn't realise MGS 4 was part of the deal as well?

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
When I first ordered it the Limited Edition was exclusive to PS3 with only 4000 being made. It came with a tin case, MGS1 download, MGS2,MGS3,MGS Peace Walker and MGS4 along with art cards and a book.

They then changed the whole thing. The Limited Edition now came to 360 there was 11,000 for that and 8000 for PS3. The updated Limited Edition removed MGS1 download and MGS4 and the art cards and replaced them with a T-shirt.

But when I opened the parcel it had the MGS LE in there (witch is a big box its self) and a Platinum Edition of MGS4. Maybe a lot of people where upset they removed MGS4 so Zavvi just threw in a copy of MGS4 for the people who originally ordered the PS3 LE.
0 Kudos

/16

Adycakes

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Adycakes
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:
When I first ordered it the Limited Edition was exclusive to PS3 with only 4000 being made. It came with a tin case, MGS1 download, MGS2,MGS3,MGS Peace Walker and MGS4 along with art cards and a book.

They then changed the whole thing. The Limited Edition now came to 360 there was 11,000 for that and 8000 for PS3. The updated Limited Edition removed MGS1 download and MGS4 and the art cards and replaced them with a T-shirt.

But when I opened the parcel it had the MGS LE in there (witch is a big box its self) and a Platinum Edition of MGS4. Maybe a lot of people where upset they removed MGS4 so Zavvi just threw in a copy of MGS4 for the people who originally ordered the PS3 LE.

MGS4 was thrown in because they removed MGS1 from the bundle, that's why it was in the box. You only got MGS4 if you had an order placed before it was updated/changed.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

Thanks for clarifying that Ocelot and Adycakes.

I'm really tempted to get one; i'm sort of a part time MGS collector, but an extra £40 for a tin, t-shirt and book seems a bit steep.

Any idea what size t-shirt comes in? Hopefully not massive like all promo t-shirts used to come in.

EDIT: Just found out from another site that it's a Medium, so have ordered the LE!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

alcibiades4291

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
alcibiades4291
Accepted Solution
Mine just got dispatched from shopto (only got the SE). Really looking forward to playing through these again, and in chronological order for the first time. As soon as Peace Walker (never played it before) finishes I'm gonna go through the first two Metal Gears, then Metal Gear Solid followed by Sons of Liberty and finally the masterpiece that is Guns of the Patriots. I'm absolutely skint this month so this is perfect. SNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKEE
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel