Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: My Metal Gear Solid HD Collector's Edition arrived today.

When I first ordered it the Limited Edition was exclusive to PS3 with only 4000 being made. It came with a tin case, MGS1 download, MGS2,MGS3,MGS Peace Walker and MGS4 along with art cards and a book.

They then changed the whole thing. The Limited Edition now came to 360 there was 11,000 for that and 8000 for PS3. The updated Limited Edition removed MGS1 download and MGS4 and the art cards and replaced them with a T-shirt.

But when I opened the parcel it had the MGS LE in there (witch is a big box its self) and a Platinum Edition of MGS4. Maybe a lot of people where upset they removed MGS4 so Zavvi just threw in a copy of MGS4 for the people who originally ordered the PS3 LE.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ocelot07 wrote:
When I first ordered it the Limited Edition was exclusive to PS3 with only 4000 being made. It came with a tin case, MGS1 download, MGS2,MGS3,MGS Peace Walker and MGS4 along with art cards and a book.

They then changed the whole thing. The Limited Edition now came to 360 there was 11,000 for that and 8000 for PS3. The updated Limited Edition removed MGS1 download and MGS4 and the art cards and replaced them with a T-shirt.

But when I opened the parcel it had the MGS LE in there (witch is a big box its self) and a Platinum Edition of MGS4. Maybe a lot of people where upset they removed MGS4 so Zavvi just threw in a copy of MGS4 for the people who originally ordered the PS3 LE.

MGS4 was thrown in because they removed MGS1 from the bundle, that's why it was in the box. You only got MGS4 if you had an order placed before it was updated/changed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thanks for clarifying that Ocelot and Adycakes.

I'm really tempted to get one; i'm sort of a part time MGS collector, but an extra £40 for a tin, t-shirt and book seems a bit steep.

Any idea what size t-shirt comes in? Hopefully not massive like all promo t-shirts used to come in.

EDIT: Just found out from another site that it's a Medium, so have ordered the LE!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Mine just got dispatched from shopto (only got the SE). Really looking forward to playing through these again, and in chronological order for the first time. As soon as Peace Walker (never played it before) finishes I'm gonna go through the first two Metal Gears, then Metal Gear Solid followed by Sons of Liberty and finally the masterpiece that is Guns of the Patriots. I'm absolutely skint this month so this is perfect. SNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKEE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14 (173 Views)
0 Kudos