06 Sep 2012
Playstation Staff

Solid snake or Big boss?

16 Replies 721 Views Created 06-09-2012
This question has probably been asked loads of times before, but with Ground zeroes being announced I'm curious about your answers. So, who do you prefer as the protagonist, Solid snake or Big boss? Personally, i prefer Big boss/naked snake because I prefer his back story. Solid snake is pretty awesome too though :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (721 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Solid snake or Big boss?

Why not Snake, Boss or Raiden?

Out of those two though, I like playing as Big Boss because his games have been better. As in, 3 is better than 1, 2 and 4, but PW is better than 3. It seems to ME that the best ones are the Big Boss ones.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (719 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Oh yeah, I forgot about raiden.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well I liked playing as Raiden in 2 because we got to see how a non-badass would react to things like Giant robots, vampires and not knowing what's going on. After all, when Giant robots and flying security cameras get 'samey' and boring, it's not good. But yeah, Big Boss and the enemies in that era are better for me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (715 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

when i first played Snake Eater,i loved Big Boss because he was basically Snake,then he got that Eye Patch,and i swear it 'completed' him,it was like the thing Snake was missing,i don't know why but yeah..Big Boss for me

Or perhaps he just gets a step closer to Snake Plisskin 

Big Boss has a Stomach Scar that he inherited off The Boss in Peace Walker that matches Plisskins tattoo above

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (694 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Plissken iz the shizz.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Maybe I really should watch the film some time... Haha.
メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I think I prefer NS/BB.... Solid Snake admitted himself that he isn't a tracker like BB (MGS4) so that's at least one skillset the original has over the clone... That and CQC (although they added it to the moveset in MGS4 after introducing for NS in MGS3)

I dunno, there's just something with SS.. he just comes off as extremely lucky all the time... Constantly outsmarted by Liquid/Ocelot... physically beaten by both (although somehow comes through at the end of MGS4... although you could say that with Naked Snake and The Boss) ... Fortune and Vamp even had his number in MGS2 too... That said, the Solid Snake of MGS1 was still the good guy that all video game protagonists aspired too.. :smileytongue:

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (674 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MrGarry2u wrote:

Out of those two though, I like playing as Big Boss because his games have been better. As in, 3 is better than 1, 2 and 4, but PW is better than 3. It seems to ME that the best ones are the Big Boss ones.

For me MGS3 is the best because of the setting and it had the tightest plot and characters... it was also one of the last truly great games for the PS2 before the 360 and PS3 kicked into gear, so they were able to refine and tweak what they had done to make a game better than MGS2 on a gameplay and visual level (ignoring the story here)

However I believe had MGS1 been made on the PS2, using all the visual and gameplay/interactivity improvements of MGS2 and 3 (including CQC), but keeping the Directing, story, characters, voice actors the same, then I think it would really give MGS3 a good run for it's money... The story was probably still a little bit too fluffy (nothing like MGS2 thankfully), but it was still very good, and the setting and bosses were bordering on perfect for the Solid Snake character..

MGS4... I've said it before... it was ahead of it's time in so many ways, but it was more style than substance...

PW... I've only just downloaded and started playing it, so it's hard to judge.. It's obviously quite unique in it's approach... a lot of which is because it is a pick up and play handheld game..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (672 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Big Boss, looking at the progression of him as a character over all the games, what he has been through and what he has had to sacrifice for what he believes in. I don't think Snake has had to sacrifice anywhere near as much.

After MGS4 I am glad we are going back and telling more of his story, we know about it, but to experience and see it being told through his eyes.

That was a lot deeper than I expected, I miss getting this invested into a game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (663 Views)
0 Kudos