04 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

Trophies for MGS4? Oh my god!

10 Replies 1,362 Views Created 04-11-2010

Trophy Support Confirmed for Metal Gear Solid 4 Greatest Hits?

Guys, I need some one who is in the know at retailers to tell me if this is real or not please?

http://exm.nr/Trophies-MetalGearSolid4

I need to know!!! And if any body has any clue, do you think they will update the existing versions too or what?

Wow, this is like the craziest thing I heard in a long time...

And I think it just BROKE twitter !!! LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (1,362 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Trophies for MGS4? Oh my god!

I don't know.

I mean, seems a little late to do it now, don't you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (1,288 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Might prompt DigitalPunk to buy the game again... :smileywink: ... He has the Big Boss emblem, plus the quickest speed run time I've ever known with full unlockable perks... about 2 hours from memory?

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,280 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

In response to an email asking clarification on that very thing, Konami clarified that they do not have any plans "to patch trophy support into this game" at this time. Said the email:

"The listing of Trophies in the Greatest Hits edition of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a printing error that we are aware of. We are working with Sony to correct this error.

Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to patch trophy support into this game. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the experience that Metal Gear Solid 4 has to offer."

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/konami-clarifies-mgs-4-trophies-rumor-not-happening.html

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,267 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

A little late or just another reason to play the game again. This is still one of the best titles to come out on the playstarion so far. I believe trophies keep ppl interested in games now. If they were to trophy patch this title im sure ppl would but it again

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (1,062 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i'd get it again for sure but all my game plays died with my old ps3. 16 playthroughs, all emblems and i did do a speen run on the easiest setting which was about 2 hours (can't remember if i got under 2hrs or not), although the world record is about 1 hour 35min on hardest setting.

i've been hanging for some sort of "sub" edition of mgs4 like mgs2/3 recieved (approx 2 years after each release) but with rising coming out whenever i'd have to say that mgs4 wont be seeing any updated releases. =(
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (901 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hideo has finally announced trophies for this game (for reals this time i hope).

We should be getting them in August to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Metal Gear franchise.

Cant wait to see the list.

http://andriasang.com/con1vt/metal_gear_announcement/
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (310 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I was over at the PSTrophies site and saw that they were calling for people to write a trophy guide for this game.

Cool.

I have to shamefully report that I bought MG4 and the game guide on day of release, but for some reason or another I never even finished the first level, so it's just sat there gathering dust.

I think the trophy patch might be the impetus needed to start it off again.

Great a MAJOR release I get to play several years after release that will be like a brand new game for me.

Slightly OT: I've been looking for the remastered MG's disc at several JB & EB games stores in the Sydney CBD but none have it.

It seems like it was only available for a couple of weeks, then disappeared

I'd get the download version if one was available for the PS3, but it says VITA only.

What's going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (276 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I really don't understand why they took the servers offline yet pushed ahead with this trophy patch, this would've rekindled the community. I'm honestly surprised to see this happen though and am really excited despite me not being a trophy person.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (240 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The trophy patch is now out !!!!! :Smile:.....516mb,downloading now.

It loads the game onto your HD [takes 16 minutes], so you are going to make sure you have enough space.

Here's alist of the trophies.

This is NOT going to be easy to Platinum.

http://exophase.com/game/metal-gear-solid-4-ps3/trophies/

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (183 Views)