08 Aug 2012
By mont348
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

White outer sleeve MGS4?

7 Replies 898 Views Created 08-08-2012

I have a white outer sleeve MGS4 copy i bought around release from HMV with a T shirt is it rare or limited? Not seen many if any in the pre-owned bins at all.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (898 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: White outer sleeve MGS4?

At the time I got my hands on this edition, which wasn't even supposed to be sold in NZ... Don't know if it was readily available in the UK or not...

We couldn't get them in store after the release date... it was only a 'mistake' that they were available for preorder... IIRC the distributors did honour supply of a very limited number of them...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (869 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

thats my ebay listing.....im wanting to know if its rare myself - judging by the one that sold for over £50.00 last year it must be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

When I got MGS4 on release day, there was 'Just the game' or 'Game and a Snake figure' for a little extra. I got the normal one, and a few months later all the figures in the shop got cheaper so I got Snake too.
It was cool when Gamestation and Grainger games used to compete like that, now the gamestation closed and Grainger owns that patch when it comes to games, it still has nice prices but they never get any merch in stock any more.
Gamestation had this big £50 Dante figurine that nobody bought for ages, and when they closed down I saw someone buy it for £10. XD 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (844 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

superspurs18 wrote:

thats my ebay listing.....

LMAO what are the chances? 

'We're not tools of the government or anyone else! Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in...'
Gray Fox / Frank Jaeger
'Find something to believe in. And find it for yourself. And when you do, pass it on to the future.'
SolidSnake
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (788 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Loco311 wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINT-RARE-WHITE-SLEEVE-EDITION-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-4-GUNS-OF-THE-PATRIOTS-PS3...

See if that sells^^

Linked from the above listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Gear-Solid-4-White-HMV-Exclusive-Sleeve-PS3-Mint-/290586206880

Yes that's the copy i have don't plan on selling it at the moment. The first listing sold for £30 and the other for over £50. :smileysurprised: 

Not bad for over 4 year old game probably will increase in value the more time that passes.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I have the black outter sleeve edition. Its like the white case but black and the artwork is the same as the plastic bluray case.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (737 Views)
0 Kudos