80%
02 Rank
Progress

advantages/disadvantages of your abilities

24 Replies 633 Views Created 29-04-2008
29 Apr 2008
By cmaranhao

hello all of you.

i am new to this forum but been a reader for quite some time.

latelly, everyone is asking questions about the abilities in MGO. what can you do and how do you do that special move!!

some may think the level 3 knife mastery is the way to go, others think the CQC is better, some like the auto-aim the best. i personally dislike the auto-aim but that is not the point.  

this thread is not meant to be "another MGO thread"!!! the idea is for you guys explain what you can do with your abilities and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each ability.

i am thinking of leveling up my knife to level 3 but its a shame that i can't level up anything else. it might be useful in close quarters because i can perform a quick kill, however, in the open it might be a disadvantage.

discuss

0 Kudos
LABELS:
PSN ID: cmaranhao
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
Me personally, I have Machine Gun level 3 and fast move on the other slot. CQC would be useful to have, but it's not very often that I'm in that position of needing it and I've never really taken to CQC and mostly I'll just shoot someone who's coming at me. It's all down to how you play, and the style you feel comfortable with, experiment with the skills and see what suits you best.
0 Kudos

Re: advantages/disadvantages of your abilities

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

krioto

84%
02 Rank
Progress
krioto
Accepted Solution
I'm working on sniper rifle and fast move - sniping for the kill, and fast move so I can get from sniping spot to spot quickly. If I get caught on the ground, I'm usually toast.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
It's pretty satisfying knocking Old Snake unconscious with CQC... heh.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution
I personally think there should be more skill slits available. 4 is just really really really limiting considering the number of skills and levels.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution

yes, it really makes you think before upgrading any skill.i am afraid i regret the knife.. although i consider it a very cool skill.

lets say, if i regret a skill and want to go back with another skill, will my level go down? for example, i am at level 5 with the knife at level 3. i unequip it and go with an ability at level 0. will my level go down?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mlopes

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mlopes
Accepted Solution
No, it won't, but once you create your character, I don't think you can choose different skills to what you first picked. I have Level 3 Asualt and throwing, can't have anymore sadly due to the cost of two level 3 skills. They do me well :)
0 Kudos

Please, call me Matt.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution
you can change your skills.. go to personal data and then skills or something. can't remember the name of the menu but you can change the skills. i don't have mastered any skill though, i don't know if we can remove a skill at its maximum level
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mlopes

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mlopes
Accepted Solution

Can you?

I'll have to have a looky later, but I couldn't seem to add a new skill.

0 Kudos

Please, call me Matt.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution

you need to remove a skill before appointing a new one. you have 4 slots, 4 skills. i already made that once and it worked.

that is why i asked if i swich a skill at level 3 for a skill at level 0, if i had a decrease in my overall level.

i remembered a question. do the skills level up when solo training? and if i want to level my knife skill, will choking help me to level it? i can't kill anyone with a kinfe at level 0 :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

cmaranhao wrote:

you need to remove a skill before appointing a new one. you have 4 slots, 4 skills. i already made that once and it worked.

that is why i asked if i swich a skill at level 3 for a skill at level 0, if i had a decrease in my overall level.

i remembered a question. do the skills level up when solo training? and if i want to level my knife skill, will choking help me to level it? i can't kill anyone with a kinfe at level 0 :(

Choking is CQC so it'll improve that skill not the knife. A good way to increase your knife skill is to use the shock function (increases knife skill) then when they're unconscious knife them to death (increases knife skill again).

Dunno about the solo training level up tho. I don't think so, I'm sute I got a pop-up when starting training that says "This doesn't affect your stats/skills".

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution
thanks for the tips, i will try this tonight. i still have to leanr how to discharge the knife in them though. and killing them with the knife in lvl 0 will be very hard too :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

cmaranhao wrote:
thanks for the tips, i will try this tonight. i still have to leanr how to discharge the knife in them though. and killing them with the knife in lvl 0 will be very hard too :(

Took me ages to learn how to discharge the knife as well.

Hold L1 as you would normally do to fire a weapon ... then press R2 (the button that's normally weapon select) to discharge it (so R1 is slash, R2 is shock). Knife kills are really quick, even on lvl 0. After shocking them (which knocks them unconscious) crouch, hold L1 again, go into first person view, then look DOWN at them and press R1, it should be a 1 hit kill. If it doesn't kill them just flip to third person and slash them a few times (they'll die WAYYY before they wake up).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution

thanks a lot mate. that is very helpful. i never guessed that we would need to press R2 to discharge it!! is that your PSN ID? if i see you online i will not use this against you :)

NOTE: how do we quote messages of other forum members? :S

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

cmaranhao wrote:

thanks a lot mate. that is very helpful. i never guessed that we would need to press R2 to discharge it!! is that your PSN ID? if i see you online i will not use this against you :)

NOTE: how do we quote messages of other forum members? :S

No probs, I stumbled over it myself, the lack of a moves list is appallling (yeah that is my PSN ID but alls fair in war so i don't mind ... as long as it doesn't happen repeatedly :D )

To quote hit reply on a message. then where you usually type your reply look in the upper right, there's a box called "Quote Message" (where you can change the font and stuff). Hit it and you quote the message you're replying to.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution

Scythegpd wrote:
No probs, I stumbled over it myself, the lack of a moves list is appallling (yeah that is my PSN ID but alls fair in war so i don't mind ... as long as it doesn't happen repeatedly :D )

To quote hit reply on a message. then where you usually type your reply look in the upper right, there's a box called "Quote Message" (where you can change the font and stuff). Hit it and you quote the message you're replying to.

thanks mate. i won't use this skill on you, you have my word. :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dognapalm

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Dognapalm
Accepted Solution
I have fast movement, extended lock on (I like to use lock on, but still I might drop this skill), knife mastery and I can't remember the other skill. I use knife mastery becuase I'm ALWAYS the guy who likes to flank people and because I'm too polite to kill people :smileywink:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OrdinaryDave

60%
02 Rank
Progress
OrdinaryDave
Accepted Solution

I'm raising knife mastery at the moment, because I really want to be able to slit throats.

Apart from that, I'll probably keep assault rifle mastery on on level 1. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution

i tried to kill with the knife but got killed instead. i guess that i wasn't stealthy enough to get them without being noticed.. after a few tries i found myself killing them with the rifle. i will not give up though.

i have another question: why am I at level 2 and none of my skills is at level 2? they are all at level 1, even fast movement :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GunTeng

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GunTeng
Accepted Solution

The problem with the skills is that you max out at 4.

So if you max a skill at 3, you can only use that and a skill of 1.

Personally, I do a bit of sniping and there are 2 ways you can use this in a team.

Obviously use the snipe skill with the Enemy Exposure skill. This way you can easily track them once you hit them. It will also alert your team to their presence so they can finish him off if they are near-by.

Another tactic is to use the Stun-sniper, so once they are stunned, your team can see him move in & use the scan skill to locate the rest of the enemy.

You could also use the skills.....sniper, scan, CQC & Knife.

With these you can use stealth to ambush another sniper (or another combat type), put him to sleep and use the san skill to identify enemy locations on the map. From there you can look for them in relation to the location and snipe away...again your team will see the same info. you will, so you should have plenty of back-up incase you become their target.

There are so many possibilities with this game which is fantastic...unfortunately it isn'yt being used to its full potential atm and many seem to think there isn't enough to use, so they glitch, lag or Run & gun.

Message Edited by GunTeng on 30-04-2008 11:33 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cmaranhao

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cmaranhao
Accepted Solution
GunTeng, aren't you in my clan? or am I confusing you with someone else? :)
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel