Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid

29 Apr 2008
By: cmaranhao Member 64 Posts
Level 2

advantages/disadvantages of your abilities

24 Replies 580 Views Created 29-04-2008

hello all of you.

i am new to this forum but been a reader for quite some time.

latelly, everyone is asking questions about the abilities in MGO. what can you do and how do you do that special move!!

some may think the level 3 knife mastery is the way to go, others think the CQC is better, some like the auto-aim the best. i personally dislike the auto-aim but that is not the point.  

this thread is not meant to be "another MGO thread"!!! the idea is for you guys explain what you can do with your abilities and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each ability.

i am thinking of leveling up my knife to level 3 but its a shame that i can't level up anything else. it might be useful in close quarters because i can perform a quick kill, however, in the open it might be a disadvantage.

discuss

PSN ID: cmaranhao
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: advantages/disadvantages of your abilities

Me personally, I have Machine Gun level 3 and fast move on the other slot. CQC would be useful to have, but it's not very often that I'm in that position of needing it and I've never really taken to CQC and mostly I'll just shoot someone who's coming at me. It's all down to how you play, and the style you feel comfortable with, experiment with the skills and see what suits you best.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm working on sniper rifle and fast move - sniping for the kill, and fast move so I can get from sniping spot to spot quickly. If I get caught on the ground, I'm usually toast.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

It's pretty satisfying knocking Old Snake unconscious with CQC... heh.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I personally think there should be more skill slits available. 4 is just really really really limiting considering the number of skills and levels.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

yes, it really makes you think before upgrading any skill.i am afraid i regret the knife.. although i consider it a very cool skill.

lets say, if i regret a skill and want to go back with another skill, will my level go down? for example, i am at level 5 with the knife at level 3. i unequip it and go with an ability at level 0. will my level go down?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

No, it won't, but once you create your character, I don't think you can choose different skills to what you first picked. I have Level 3 Asualt and throwing, can't have anymore sadly due to the cost of two level 3 skills. They do me well :smileyhappy:

Please, call me Matt.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

you can change your skills.. go to personal data and then skills or something. can't remember the name of the menu but you can change the skills. i don't have mastered any skill though, i don't know if we can remove a skill at its maximum level
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Can you?

I'll have to have a looky later, but I couldn't seem to add a new skill.

Please, call me Matt.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

you need to remove a skill before appointing a new one. you have 4 slots, 4 skills. i already made that once and it worked.

that is why i asked if i swich a skill at level 3 for a skill at level 0, if i had a decrease in my overall level.

i remembered a question. do the skills level up when solo training? and if i want to level my knife skill, will choking help me to level it? i can't kill anyone with a kinfe at level 0 :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (540 Views)
0 Kudos