05 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Anybody else had this kind of problem in races?

25 Replies 230 Views Created 06-05-2012

There's run-of-the-mill stupidity with items (from unskilled or just plain dumb racers who don't know any better about how to use their items) and there's this. Not long ago, i experienced flat-out, extremely blatant targeting from seemingly an entire XP Series gameroom. Can't cite names due to the forum rules, but suffice to say, it was one of the only situations where I jumped out of the middle of a series (apart from boring gamerooms). Have you ever had this kind of unpleasant experience?

03/2011 - 08/2012. These were some memorable 17 months.
This is the end, my only friends. I'm moving on to other things, as ModNation has given me all it could give.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Anybody else had this kind of problem in races?

lol of course.

Recently I felt this way when I was playing with Japan, however I did give panpa a love-swipe... but those guys are silly so that was no hard feelings.

It's in XP when they get on the mic and start calling you a cheater for simply having practiced, along with the targeting that gets to me.

But most of the time, I'm too busy targeting you. Slow down once in a while ok :Frown: My ego can't take it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

poncedailyown wrote:

But most of the time, I'm too busy targeting you. Slow down once in a while ok :Frown: My ego can't take it

lol Ponce <3

But anyway, ironically I find the japanese to be some of the most honest racers out there. Well, most of them, at least (I had a couple of bad races with them once, but in casual, never had any particularly bad races with them in XP).

03/2011 - 08/2012. These were some memorable 17 months.
This is the end, my only friends. I'm moving on to other things, as ModNation has given me all it could give.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Anybody else had this kind of problem in races?

Yeah, earned many enemies from April or from the beginning and sadly many of them signed up to GP.

It seems playing nice isn't more welcoming in these days.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Once or twice I've had 4 items fired at me in about 25 seconds, but then 2 were lvl 3s and it didn't feel like ganging up. I'm sorry that this happens to you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The jealous do crazy things.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ponce introduced me to japanese rooms recently and I love them. So chaotic and fun, go to them all the time!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

AngelG_No55_FTW wrote:

There's run-of-the-mill stupidity with items (from unskilled or just plain dumb racers who don't know any better about how to use their items) and there's this. Not long ago, i experienced flat-out, extremely blatant targeting from seemingly an entire XP Series gameroom. Can't cite names due to the forum rules, but suffice to say, it was one of the only situations where I jumped out of the middle of a series (apart from boring gamerooms). Have you ever had this kind of unpleasant experience?

It happens sometimes. Even though being in xp series room it feels like being in private casual room. Lots of name calling and joking at your cost, targeting with lvl2s and unnecessary sideswipes. Especially when getting into to a room where whole faction is present and the faction does not respect any outsiders. It feels bad but I'll take it as a good practise session and a challenge. You were maybe a serious threat to them and you needed to be eliminated. If you start pity yourself in the middle of race and start retaliating, you'll lose your edge for the rest of the competition.

TUMI
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You're right, there's no need to name names, just say the Brazilians.

MabsterB Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MabsterB wrote:

You're right, there's no need to name names, just say the Brazilians.

I've never had a problem with ripper, he is a nice guy and we always have great races. Please stop targeting the race as a whole, it's not right. Just because some people in America are over-weight doesn't mean everyone who lives there is.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26 (144 Views)
0 Kudos