Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Devs, read this letter!

For those that keep repeating that companies are in the business to make money as if we didn't know that, I just want to say something. We know that, and we are not that naive to think that Sony, UFG, or SD are NPOs.

We're upset because we see MNR's potential of being profitable (aka making money), and we see how MNR's marketing was messed up.

They targeted the wrong market (kids instead of adults), they overestimated market share (MNR would never be a MK killer nor a LBP on a kart, but apparently someone with a very "bright" mind thought it would), they rushed to get MNR out to the market (thus all the flaws mentioned by Angel), they took ages to put out DLCs that the community was demanding (can you remember how much and for how long people were begging for a snow theme?), they did major mistakes with RT (no online on an online based game? must have been that same "bright" mind in action again),  and now there're no real answers from the developers to the community's questions.

In summary, if marketed properly MNR would probably have sold more and been more profitable than it was. And if an hypothetical MNR2 has all these humongous marketing errors corrected, yep, it'll be profitable (aka make money).

And as for LBPK. Since the same "bright" minds that did all those mistakes with MNR seem to be involved (and they appear to haven't learned anything)... well... we can have a pretty good idea where it'll all end. 

And @ Angel. Well said! Couldn't agree more. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28 (409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I guess since I'm not a huge and valuable part of the community, I don't understand all the hate for LBPK or how anyone can think they don't care about MNR. Most games never get 2 years on the PS blog, let alone constant DLC. If anything, you guys should be happy how much support this game got. It's not easy to make a game, and to code on a new system, like the cell. I don't know. I was once in your shoes when it seemed Sony and Zipper abandoned Socom, but I can at least tell you guys, don't give up faith. Sometimes thing change, don't be bitter about it. IMO, this game is still very unique and still has plenty of people on.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 12 of 28 (408 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Very well said Angel, let's hope someone with REAL power to make a difference actually reads this though, eh? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

rjzp24 wrote:

Could have said it better myself.

Please do.

MabsterB Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28 (385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Instead of immediately dismissing LBPK, at least wait for a beta / demo. You do realize that there is a chance they use us + key LBP2 players as beta testers since we know about track building. 

It might control just like MNR. If graphics are your problem, then you should know it's fully customizable. There's a snow theme, a jungle theme, a space theme, an island theme, etc. 

As I've already said, the make or break feature is material editing. If it's not fully in 3D, I'm going to side with all of you and think that LBPK is a waste of time. 

Or SASASRT. Looks nice, and SONIKKU

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MabsterB wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

Please do.

I obviously meant I could have not said it better myself. 

Rjzp24
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28 (372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

rjzp24 wrote:

MabsterB wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

Please do.

Typos :/

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

abc123Y wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

MabsterB wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

Please do.

Aww man! I didn't catch him on that (in time)!

The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

:Stupid:

The_Pwner007 wrote:

abc123Y wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

MabsterB wrote:

rjzp24 wrote:

Please do.

Aww man! I didn't catch him on that (in time)!

Rjzp24
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

grzajabarkus wrote:

I guess since I'm not a huge and valuable part of the community, I don't understand all the hate for LBPK or how anyone can think they don't care about MNR. Most games never get 2 years on the PS blog, let alone constant DLC. If anything, you guys should be happy how much support this game got. It's not easy to make a game, and to code on a new system, like the cell. I don't know. I was once in your shoes when it seemed Sony and Zipper abandoned Socom, but I can at least tell you guys, don't give up faith. Sometimes thing change, don't be bitter about it. IMO, this game is still very unique and still has plenty of people on.

Meh.. It got a random dump of obscenely overpriced DLC in the space of a couple of months and then stopped again, A constant stream of DLC would have been a lot better.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Kudos