Level 3

Re: Devs, read this letter!

[ Edited ]

Bump because of this.

This truly is some grave news. With the end of Mark's tenure as Community Manager of this game, I have to wonder if my letter really did get sent to the devs as he had told me, because if it did, then they have only further reinforced how uncaring, unfeeling and just plain greedy they were during this game's entire existance.

This simply does not bode well for the future of this game. With this decision the small but dedicated community of this game is yet again stabbed in the back. What will be of potential rising stars in this game? What will be of all the other creators of this game? What will be of the motivation of players to create, now that they no longer have a chance to have their works on the spotlight?

With these news you have crushed all our hopes, our dreams. All we can do at this point is enjoy this game's final moments as it walks down the green mile towards its inevitable, summary execution and subsequent replacement by LittleBigPlanet Kart.

All our hours of work, all the effort we've sunk recreating the things we love inside this game, hundreds of beautiful creations, all this dedication will soon be rendered moot. Really, developers? Is this how you envisioned this game? Is this how you want it to end? Not with a bang, but with it slowly agonizing? Your treatment of your loyal userbase can only be described as crueler than ever.

I'm going to say it yet again: your decision only serves to further spread a creativity-killing poison across the industry. You are purposefully killing off a game with an unique, distinctive, appealing art style and powerful creation tools so that you can make nearly anything in it so that you can force its players to a dumbed down, kiddie and generally inferior version of this game just for the sake of making more money.

Yet again, this might ring in deaf ears, but this is how we are right now: we're in despair over this game's neglect, which has reached an all-time worst high, and we're desperate to keep it alive.

03/2011 - 08/2012. These were some memorable 17 months.
This is the end, my only friends. I'm moving on to other things, as ModNation has given me all it could give.
Please use plain text.
9 Kudos
Message 21 of 28 (472 Views)
9 Kudos
Level 3

now I'm very sad :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28 (432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

AngelG, you and your truly inspiring speeches deserve more kudos. Take my kudos already! The thing won't let me add more than 1!

The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28 (428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The_Pwner007 wrote:

AngelG, you and your truly inspiring speeches deserve more kudos. Take my kudos already! The thing won't let me add more than 1!

Thank you for your support. Without any direct contact with anybody higher-up than Mark, this all I can do to try and keep this very game alive. A desperate plea for some much-needed love this game never got. Though the ineffectiveness of my pleas 
has made me feel rather powerless.

03/2011 - 08/2012. These were some memorable 17 months.
This is the end, my only friends. I'm moving on to other things, as ModNation has given me all it could give.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28 (416 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My 360 hours so far on the game have been thrown down the trash, can't imagine how it would feel to people in the thousands

Lakabo
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

This video is dedicated to ModNation Racers 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyj_spgCls

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 26 of 28 (395 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

Rif.: Devs, read this letter!

Can't say my hours on this game has been thrown, i met an awesome community, great friends, great sharing. But i know that feeling. Endless waiting for what? For this? Eh.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Rif.: Devs, read this letter!

[ Edited ]

my total play time reads.....   2586:71584:4294975     <------  LOL

Tracks created - 1443 !!!  lmfao!!  no wonder i finally figured out how to make a good track. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28 (372 Views)
0 Kudos