Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 39 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Re: Free plat? Cool.

PhadedWun wrote:
For me, challenging achievements/trophies/whatever is fun. Games that are too easy = not fun.

Make a new account and this time only publish your own creations and get to level 30. That should be a challenge.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 22 of 39 (188 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

im starting to think trophies are horrible people just wamt to plat a game then move on for some reason people are forgetting to have fun

Darkjester84
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 23 of 39 (180 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

moriarty1975 wrote:

PhadedWun wrote:
For me, challenging achievements/trophies/whatever is fun. Games that are too easy = not fun.

Make a new account and this time only publish your own creations and get to level 30. That should be a challenge.

Just about to say that. Really PhadedWun, you're complaining that the trophy is too easy, but  most of your creations are from someone else.

Itsricks
Anbu_shynobi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 39 (170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Because I was more concerned about playing the game than creating and boosting, that's why my creations are someone else.

But now - they have made Race XP completely pointless and XP Series/Race was already bad as is. Oh well, I don't really care anymore. I'll keep this game in the event some other tournament occurs within Canada but I won't be playing it otherwise.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 39 (163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

darkjester84 wrote:

im starting to think trophies are horrible people just wamt to plat a game then move on for some reason people are forgetting to have fun

I wouldn't go as far as saying trophies are terrible, as they do hold some merit in regards to allowing some to focus on a certain achievement or goal that otherwise may have been overlooked in a game. There are several games I have that, with the different trophies, has made me more willing to replay a game that I may not have otherwise replayed once I finished it.

That being said however, I do agree completely that there are a large majority who are so focused on earning trophies that they have turned what should have been a fun game into a chore and judge a game (or a player) based on the trophies it/they have, and how easy or difficult said trophies are to earn.

I have plenty of games that do not even have trophies, and I enjoy them tremendously. There were complete generations of games and consoles I owned well before trophies were even thought of, and some of those were better games than what we are seeing now in regards to gameplay.

For me, do I enjoy trophies?
Sure I do.
DO I make the earning of trophies my primary goal of a game?
NO.

With or without trophies, a game is either fun or it is not. Trophies may just add a new focus to some is all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 39 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PhadedWun wrote:
Because I was more concerned about playing the game than creating and boosting, that's why my creations are someone else.

But now - they have made Race XP completely pointless and XP Series/Race was already bad as is. Oh well, I don't really care anymore. I'll keep this game in the event some other tournament occurs within Canada but I won't be playing it otherwise.

Ok. So if you were more concerned about racing, WHY did you take them from some else, why did you need thier creations. You may give me the same answer about being more concerned about racing, but if that's the case, why have creations at all?

Itsricks
Anbu_shynobi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 39 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

itsricks wrote:

Ok. So if you were more concerned about racing, WHY did you take them from some else, why did you need thier creations. You may give me the same answer about being more concerned about racing, but if that's the case, why have creations at all?

Because he wanted to get the plat as soon as possible so he could complain it was too easy!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Chasing trophies that aren't even real and can't be shown to family in years to come is pretty pointless. I know lots of people do it but just because lots of people do something, it doesn't make it logical. I play games to have fun, if I get trophies along way, that is nice but not why I am playing.

So I don't stop playing games because I have nothing more to achieve, i stop because I am bored or there is another valid reason to stop playing (generally another new game is enough)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 39 (112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Can someone point me into the direction of this Create XP change? I just stumbled across a 33K increase and was pretty much *****.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Kudos