ModNation Racers

ModNation Racers General Discussion

ModNation Racers General Discussion

04 Feb 2012
By: mini_schnauzer67 Member 1931 Posts
Level 3

Just because the track was glitched...

10 Replies 265 Views Created 04-02-2012

Urgh, today, after getting a good time on meep's track, the scenic route, I came home to see that the track had been glitched, and then heaps of people did the same thing, getting stupidly low times.

What annoys me though, is that meep's track was downrated because of this glitching. I mean, it was a good fun track, but for whatever reason it's meep's fault that it was glitched, so the track goes from 4* to in the last few hours 3.5*.  How is this fair? If some person glitches the track it's their fault. 

Urgh, I know if my track was on hot lap I would be furious, so...

What do you guys think? Am I over-reacting thinking that this is really unfair? 

Message 1 of 11 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Just because the track was glitched...

mnr1stW.png

Sweetdank
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Yeah it's a good track that deserves at least 4 stars, not hard , fun to race and including a good scenery !

But unfortunately, glitches happen ! It's also not fair for those who got a good time (I was 1st ;-:smileywink: coz they finally wasted their time doing many laps!

Thx Meep for this track :3 !

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Rif.: Just because the track was glitched...

I'm still surprised you can't vote UFG tracks <:3 (On the topic, i found the track truly great, well shet happens, we can't be bothered by a spam of 3 stars and than realizing later a glitch exploited)
Retiree.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If a track is glitchable then it's fundamentally broken. You can't expect a broken track to be rated 4+ stars. Sucks for the creator but that's what comes with the territory if your going to submit your tracks for the Hot Lap wolves to tear apart.
MabsterB Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

MabsterB wrote:
If a track is glitchable then it's fundamentally broken. You can't expect a broken track to be rated 4+ stars. Sucks for the creator but that's what comes with the territory if your going to submit your tracks for the Hot Lap wolves to tear apart.

The problem is with a lot of hotlap glitching it's opportunistic, a creator can spend many hours testing their tracks without encountering these problems, then someone comes along and by LUCK discovers a glitch, which then many others will replicate. :smileysad:

I remember racing a track of Laidbackcat's in a full room before (it was The Big Chill) and ArgorokX somehow managed to DNF the entire room whilst we were still on lap 2, because of a freak reset occurence. :smileysurprised: Trust me when I say that this wasn't something that happened any other time, just occasionally MNR will throw about some deliciously twisted absurdity to throw a spanner in the works!

Back on topic though, the track in question is wonderful. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

atheistsw wrote:

The problem is with a lot of hotlap glitching it's opportunistic, a creator can spend many hours testing their tracks without encountering these problems, then someone comes along and by LUCK discovers a glitch, which then many others will replicate. :smileysad:

I don't think it's luck that discovers the glitches.  Those people systematically go through a track to find any sort of weakness then it's replicated.

MabsterB Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (180 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

MabsterB ha scritto:

atheistsw wrote:

I don't think it's luck that discovers the glitches.  Those people systematically go through a track to find any sort of weakness then it's replicated.

This.

It's true and sad.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

That's what I mean, it usually isn't glitched, but people are selfish cheats and the creators end up paying for it...

Message 9 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

WHAT! Even though the track was glitched and heaps of people got freak times I got in the top 10%! YAY, my efforts payed off!

Still sucks for meep though.

Message 10 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Kudos