26 Jun 2012
By: mini_schnauzer67 Member 1,931 Posts
Level 3

Mod Olympics!

8 Replies 173 Views Created 26-06-2012

Hi everyone,

I've come up with an idea for a racing event that will happen at the same time as the olympics. It will take place over a few weekends, with a rally comp and a GP comp, and then finals. I was discussing this with maverick and we were thinking that the event would be fun with teams. Here's where you come in.

There are many things undecided on, like:

What should the teams be:

Should we do continant vs continant, or just random?

How many teams should there be, and how many per team?

Should the teams be the same for rally and GP, or different?

Should it be one team vs only one other team each race, (eg team ford vs team subaru) or a few from each team in every race?

How should we do points:

Medals?

Should we have a special point system for rally?

What does each place get?

Should a team win, or an individual?

What is the best time to race for everyone?

These are just a couple possible variables, if you would like to add anything feel free to. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Mod Olympics!

Sounds fun but I don't live on a continent :Wink: technically part of the USA though 

maybe a 4 member team system might be best and why would there be teams if there will only be 1 winner ?

maybe a mvp status can be awarded for the one who did best scores from a team?

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME FANCLUB HERE !!!!
Look at my youtube vids  here!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THEM ! My vids are awesome.
Earlizd1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm definitely in if this is done.  I'm american but I live in Puerto Rico.  :WitchyGrin:

Rjzp24
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

earlizd1 wrote:

maybe a 4 member team system might be best...

Hmm, do you think the teams should be random from each continant, or an elite team, a lower team, etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I like the continent idea mini. I also thought we could have special races where the objective is not only to win, but do do by winning the event, eg. 400m, that's easy. You could have archery, fired at a target and you have to go through bullseyes so you don't crash. Are you getting my drift?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

mackAttack8000 wrote:

I like the continent idea mini. I also thought we could have special races where the objective is not only to win, but do do by winning the event, eg. 400m, that's easy. You could have archery, fired at a target and you have to go through bullseyes so you don't crash. Are you getting my drift?

Sort of, but on any old track, or on specially made tracks?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

mackAttack8000 wrote:

That's actually an interesting idea.  Tracks designed to be open and free roam so that other mini games can be played within them. Cool concept. Not sure if it'll translate well within MNR's mechanics but it sounds promising..

Whitef8ng
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (77 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

WhiteF8ng wrote:

mackAttack8000 wrote:

That's actually an interesting idea.  Tracks designed to be open and free roam so that other mini games can be played within them. Cool concept. Not sure if it'll translate well within MNR's mechanics but it sounds promising..

It will work if everyone has a mic for proper communication and everyone cooperates.

Archery: One shooter, five victims in a line.  1 2 3 4 5

1 and 5 are 10 points

2 and 4 are 20 points

3 is 30 points

hit none and you get 0 points.

we can't use lv2-3 because the ranking will be messed up.

Everyone NEEDS a mic. I have one, it might as well replace my keyboard for this occasion.

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

abc123Y wrote:

WhiteF8ng wrote:

mackAttack8000 wrote:

It will work if everyone has a mic for proper communication and everyone cooperates.

Archery: One shooter, five victims in a line.  1 2 3 4 5

1 and 5 are 10 points

2 and 4 are 20 points

3 is 30 points

hit none and you get 0 points.

we can't use lv2-3 because the ranking will be messed up.

Everyone NEEDS a mic. I have one, it might as well replace my keyboard for this occasion.

It could work, but it would be very hard to pull off with the game's mechanics. I think racing still has to be the star of the event, but it could potentially work... Plus I don't have a mic and my parents probably wouldn't want me getting one (risk of communicating with strangers... *rolls eyes*).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Kudos