With the development of ModNation 2 being a strong possibility... http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/?page_id=157...
Let's start a thread with all the new features or additions we'd like to see - here are some of mine to start:
- Abolishment or a major revamp on the theme/prop limit system - I'd rather just pick the theme for the backdrop only. Road types and terrains surface textures should be shared between all themes (more then 50% are already shared between themes). Props should be treated more individually allowing me to pick bits from different groups as needed - I'm completely fine with an overal budget limit as I know its necessary but the indivual restrictions and limits on theme types, and individual props (why can I only hae 24 boost pads!) are silly. See little big planet for a decent budgeting system.
- More weather options - Snow, rain, stormy and night time - also props that generate actual light would be necessary with this.
- Support for inverted track and road types that you stick to - to allow for things like loops, corkscrewes, inverted road sections, etc (See Sonic All Star Racing or Wipeout for some examples of this)
- The ability to have different Water/Zone out types - such as turning the water into Lava, Space, Bottomless pit, purple slime, etc. Along with this the ability to have water zones outside of the single flat plane - such as a pond up on top of a mountain or something.... and PLEASE include waterfalls this time
- New (Balanced) Weapons!
- More fantastical themes or props - some of the DLC packs have been great for this as of late but as a base for MN2 I'd like much more variety available at the start - Space, Medieval, Fall, Ocean, etc
- The ability to make new parts (or decorations) for tracks using a similar system to how mods and karts are created where you can put pieces together to make new things
- Less crazy limits for props being placed close to each other and a better way to select props (or group and ungroup them)
- No limits (or a much higher limit) for how high a track can go vertically and no restrictions on incline steepness
- Optional support posts for bridges
- no limit on the number of published items (or a much higher limit)
- better way to organize my creations and downloaded items
- better system for ranking creations and finding the good stuff
- quick load times and more streamlined menus
- Ability to make, publish and download Tours/Series/Cups of tracks and the ability to create your own Tours/Series/Cups of tracks you've downloaded. Along with this the ability to play user made Tours in Online custom races or split screen.
The only thing i ask for.... is..
being able to change the colour of props.
proper tilt feature
and a sphere prop... just a ball you can resize large to small... as there is not 1... n i need it.. lol it would be so useful..
everything else has been said above.
I can think of a ton of ideas... But, here are just a few not already mentioned..
A "Mold Terrain To Track" paint brush. Like with Auto Populate, you paint any region of the track you want, and it'll create terrain that resembles the the track where you painted. So like if you had the track raise up, it'll create a mountain that forms that that track and levels off in a natural way. That way, if you choose to delete the track, the terrain will still be there in the same manor as the track was.
Higher track budget.
Sticker placement. I think that would be helpful with adding detail...
Delete "fences" on bridges.
Oh, and I fully, FULLY agree with props. All props, IMO, should be available no matter which theme you are using. They can still give a # limit of unique props, just let us have full access until that limit is reached. And IMO, that does go for road types, surface sprays, etc. as well.
also - game modes... not just racing... battle mode Etc..
and an amazing game would be TAG.. eg.. free roam circuit.. 5 minute countdown.. player starts off with an Xp Basket (say 100xp) if you get tagged... they grab the basket.. who ever has hold of the basket at the end of the timer.. . wins xp...
lol im letting my crazyness take over now lol.
but you know that would be fun...
Here's something I would find useful. In "Test Drive" mode when in Track Creator, weapons are usable and you can select which weapon you are testing. Example, load your cart with the Level 3 Warp, you'd have an unlimited supply (since it's just Test Drive), and you can test your track for Warp Glitches.
Most of the ideas here are winners, BUT I have a High Priority feature request:
Let us CHOOSE our own A.I. Opponents when racing outside of Career Mode:
(selecting from ANY UFG characters - including Elite and DLC (since we never compete against them again) AND User Created content - self made or downloaded)
Casual Room when you choose to use AI
ability to preselect a default list of AI(UFG and/or User Created content) when publishing Tracks. Maybe a default ALL UFG list in case someone doesn't have/want to download non UFG racers - OR - publishing Tracks/Mods/Karts as our own little MINI THEME package.
OF Course MylesG OP about the Theme Limit/Mixing would be another High Priority from me
and ALL MNR1 content FULLY COMPATIBLE / Accessible with MNR2 (ala Little Big Planet)
I got many more, but this is my TOP 3 to get started...