Level 3

Re: Nominate Top 10 All-Time Tracks

OnePoppa wrote:

Upon further review, i would like this list to be much longer. Tracks that could easily have been listed in my top 10 include Evolution by Bongsoldier, Timeship: Fall of Rome by atheistsw,

I forgot about this track... my friend reminded me of it and I've been loving it ever since!

Himilayan Deathtrail by Biver_, Modina 3D by jefferzone, Mods-Lion King by prob_alex, Cube Question (easier) by MrDufus.  The most amazing, jaw-dropping track i ever raced was an early beta for LBC's Darkmoon Dock. the only prop was the space ship and it was the very rare track i actually parked on and looked with amazement and awe. The track came out very well, 5* and a top 50 all time solid. but i have only reacted to the first run of Avatar Pandora and Warp Drive Assimilation in the same way. those are the two top tracks unquestioned but there are many, many absolutely excellent tracks out there.  

Darkmoon Dock, I must agree, is an absolutely amazing track, but unlike Avatar and warp drive I still to this day find it awesome and amazing. top 10 for sure imo!

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 102 (972 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

first of all: i wont vote, coz i have about 1200 tracks downloaded and i only download tracks that i really like (if its not a 5 star track for me, i dont vote/download/comment at all)

i never ask for downloads or care about votes on my stuff.. in fact, i only make tracks so i am happy with them.. its nice to get some recognition tho, but its not important to me..

valentine: its def not one of my best tracks.. i was just in the mood for making a valentines track.. at first, i wanted to make "bloody valentine", but somehow i came up with a mainstream valentines/love-track.. and since there werent any other love related tracks that time, the download-count exploded.. sure its not challenging, nor is it anything special to race.. everything on this track is just made for pure visual purpose..

atheistsw schrieb:

poncedailyown wrote:

I ask this without trolling, why do you guys like Valentine so much?

I agree, it is HUGELY overrated, it looks pretty sure but races like crap IMHO, you jump, spin and can't see where you land so land sideways, get sideswiped/shot and end up trailing the rest of the race because it's just a succesion of jumps. BongSoldier makes some crazy tracks that race beautifully well, but this is not one of them, I always set myself away when this one gets chosen by the host!

every blind jump has some red boost pads at the landing-spot, so it doesnt matter if u land sideways, coz ull always point in the right direction after landing.. -you should know that by now dude :smileywink:
and if u always end up trailing the rest of the pack, u should learn to race better, coz the good racers are still able to win this every time :smileywink: -no offense

so yea.. thx to every1 that voted/votes for V, but id prefer something like pipe dream, evolution or another world as my best tracks :smileywink: but since i never make tracks for downloads/votes/recognition, i just dont care as much as most other ppl do..

its still a game and i have fun racing as much as i have fun creating.. if i'd care about ratings/downloads or comments, it'd destroy my personal fun.. i never was and never will be one of the best creators, but creating stuff is art for me.. and i am happy with my results, and thats what counts.

thx for your attention.. :smileywink:

keep smiling

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 102 (917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

So difficult to choose as ive got a whole load of favs but ive tried to pick tracks that have inspired or wowed me.. so in no order

Dino Crazy .. Timmy Tam 

Mods sector 7 .. prob_ alex

Mayhem Manor.. Wilson phillips x

The Beachway... Vintage Octopus

LAND OF ALIENS.. Radboyrob

Underworld via Olylmpus .. One poppa and Biver  

Velocity Colonial One .. Atheistsw ( this has replaced miami nice )

Hip Hop Block Party... Jefferzone

Cube Question.. Mr Dufus

Waluigi Pinball ,, Puppethand666

I could have chose a top 50 tbh but and feel ive had to omit so many great tracks from creators I hold in great esteem but there you go , ny top 10... Peace 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 102 (791 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

"and if u always end up trailing the rest of the pack, u should learn to race better, coz the good racers are still able to win this every time :smileywink: -no offense"

This is an error affecting validity due to bad logic.  What happens when there's more than one good racer in the room?  Do they all win?  Someone is always going to win on the track, no matter how good or bad it is.   You can't use this as an argument to talk up your own track that really isn't that great for all the above mentioned reasons by others.  Yes, it's pretty for what it's meant to represent, but that's it.  I'd never race it in a Casual room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lloyd2k4
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 102 (779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Rif.: Nominate Top 10 All-Time Tracks

Indeed. Just great for showing up aka scenary.

Anyway.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 102 (772 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Rif.: Nominate Top 10 All-Time Tracks

' Yes, it's pretty for what it's meant to represent, but that's it. '  <--- true statement

I have a feeling its kind of the same as my origional Solaria - Sky City...   I created this purely for visual effect.. the jumps are rediculously high  (on purpose)  to show what i created in the track.  I created it to give people inspiration and ideas for there own tracks.. and  i feel this is the same..

The jump through the Bush Hearts is great at showing them off and it looks great.. but from a race point of view.. its just a 5 second drop to the floor...

Take the track as it is....  A fun ' loving' easy race track that was never ment to be taken to seriously.. Its not a top top track as bongsoldier knows.. but its perffect for what it is :smileyhappy:  plz dont slate someting that wasnt created in a serious manner..

Bongsoldier is a top top track creator as 'Another World' proves

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 102 (764 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

in no particular order.

-------------------------------

1.Venom Pit by MightyDeuce

2.Temple of da Drank Monkey by puppethand666

3.Bayshore Boulevard by PH1LThy31

4.Wu Xing Metal Shrine by ArgorokX

5.Didjerama by statickey_660

6.Waterpark : Speed 2050 by SergioChileno

7.The Elephants Graveyard by Laidbackcat

8.Sunny Rutile Flection by panpa00

9.The Far East Dragon by prob_alex

10.Slippery Splashdown v1.0 by Iop330

-------------------------------

@OnePoppa

thank you for choosing but...

10)Deep Bleu Crystal by marusarusa

I don't know this track.

Marusarusa
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 102 (755 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Lloyd2k4 schrieb:

"and if u always end up trailing the rest of the pack, u should learn to race better, coz the good racers are still able to win this every time :smileywink: -no offense"

This is an error affecting validity due to bad logic.  What happens when there's more than one good racer in the room?  Do they all win?  Someone is always going to win on the track, no matter how good or bad it is.   You can't use this as an argument to talk up your own track that really isn't that great for all the above mentioned reasons by others.  Yes, it's pretty for what it's meant to represent, but that's it.  I'd never race it in a Casual room.

i said "able to win this every time", not that they always win ^^ there r a few ppl on mnr who ARE able to win almost every race, so if V was unraceable, that wouldnt be the case :smileywink: (like on battletracks for example)

but as stated above: i really give zero Fs about what ppl think of my work, so just chill dude ^^

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 102 (738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

This is an AMAZING list of tracks! I am going to end submissions today so I can compile a list for an upcoming blog.

Thank you everyone!

Mark

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 89 of 102 (700 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Hi all,

What a great exercise!

Below are the top 25 vote recepients received through this forum post, PSN Message or Private Message.

Please choose your TOP TEN IN ORDER. 1-10

You may send me your list through and of the three avenues listed above. To avoid any hurt feelings, be warned that posting in this thread might not be the best choice.

Atlantis Rising
Atlas Skating Plaza
Balearic Beach Weekender
Crystal Canyon
Dino Crazy
El Dorado
EmpireStrikesBack
Evolution
Himalayan Deathtrail
HIP HOP BLOCK PARTY
Hydrocity
Ivo's Snowboard Cross
Kamikaze Skyline Kowloon
Koushien Ball Park
MNR Rally - Finland
MNR Rally - Sweden
Pirate Kingdom
Qube Question
Ruins of Aztlan
Sewer Surfin'
Timeship:  Fall of Rome
Valentine
Warp Drive
Warp DrIve Assimilation

(note - this is an impossble task and MANY great tracks were left out).

Let's see what happens!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 102 (646 Views)
0 Kudos