28 Jul 2011
Playstation Staff

ModNation Waterpark Track Creation Challenge!

47 Replies 616 Views Created 28-07-2011

ModNation Waterpark Track Creation Challenge

Nothing says summer (sunburn, too much chlorine, overpriced bad theme park food, etc…) like a good ol’ local water park!
Do the ModNation a summertime favor and build us that themed waterpark of our (and your) dreams.

A Renaissance water park?

How about a Western waterpark?

A Jungle waterpark?

An Outer Space waterpark?

… the themes are pretty endless.

Make us some cool (pun intended) waterpark tracks using the new DLC and they just might end up in the ModNation Monday blog, Hot Lap or Top Tracks! (or all three! Who knows?!)

Not a lot of rules here.

- Try to build a new track, not a remix of an existing track if possible!

- Make it fun! Something the ModNation might pay a small admission to visit!

- Have fun

- Try to include Water World DLC + other Theme DLC (not a requirement)

- Did we mention have fun?

Submit your Waterpark Track here in this post. Let's see what you've got!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48 (616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Waterpark Track Creation Challenge!

hmm.. i might try this, im having an operation  on saturday (wish me luck) so it'll be next week, but yea, ill have a go.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 48 (605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i already have one in the making :smileyhappy:   but its a remix of laidbackcats angels track... so...  its coming along nicely too :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48 (581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hmm, I won't be taking part in this one I'm afraid, as IMHO the waterpark props are an abomination, they constantly snag karts and are generally very unfriendly to drive on in a track... I don't know whose dumb idea it was to make these props 'bob' up and down but it makes them an absolute nightmare to drive on, for proof see a track by Industrial Saviour (under his second profile Industrial02) called 'Inflatable Nation Pop Pop', from such a normally reliable and awesome creator this track is horrendous with HUGE issues caused by the appaling design of the water props and it's so bad that he banished it from his main profile almost immediately.

It really is that bad and these props are completely useless IMO.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

guess ive got my work cut out then!!! lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48 (559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

atheistsw wrote:

Hmm, I won't be taking part in this one I'm afraid, as IMHO the waterpark props are an abomination, they constantly snag karts and are generally very unfriendly to drive on in a track... I don't know whose dumb idea it was to make these props 'bob' up and down but it makes them an absolute nightmare to drive on, for proof see a track by Industrial Saviour (under his second profile Industrial02) called 'Inflatable Nation Pop Pop', from such a normally reliable and awesome creator this track is horrendous with HUGE issues caused by the appaling design of the water props and it's so bad that he banished it from his main profile almost immediately.

It really is that bad and these props are completely useless IMO.

Come on!

See it as a challenge!

Show you have the "mad skills" to overcome your "less than favorite" parts pack. This will add to your legacy! 

I double dog dare you!  

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48 (546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It wouldn't be very much fun if there was no challenge.  Mark how long do we have for this contest?  I am in!

Please try my new tracks: Slick's Scrapeyard, Realm of Spirits, and Suspended Desert Castle
Manlius10a
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 48 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

manlius10a wrote:

It wouldn't be very much fun if there was no challenge.  Mark how long do we have for this contest?  I am in!

No real deadline but I would like to put 5 great waterparks up in Top Tracks in 2 or 3 weeks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48 (529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

About 75% of my map done, just got one more section then polishing up. When do you decide hot lap tracks for the week, is it sunday evening or monday morning? Just wondering if i could publish this in time... (Im GMT)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48 (522 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Iop330 wrote:

About 75% of my map done, just got one more section then polishing up. When do you decide hot lap tracks for the week, is it sunday evening or monday morning? Just wondering if i could publish this in time... (Im GMT)

The tracks for this challange wont be "promoted" for a couple weeks. Take your time. Check the blog next week,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48 (518 Views)
0 Kudos